• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbawiki site issues thread

I remember we had this issue before. I remember we had this EXACT issue before. Even staff were getting it. It'd even happen when we'd save an edit and it'd tell us our edit can't be saved because we were blocked.

It's going on and off.

I'm told that we aren't going to be able to fix it unless we can reproduce it to figure out what's causing it. Which is a problem given its only happening intermittently. So to improve our chances of getting the info we need, I'd like to ask that anyone who gets that specific block message please record the exact time (there's a clock at the top of the wiki pages), what page you were trying to edit and anything that might be different about your connection from normal (Different computer/location from previously working edits? If you get an edit to go through from the same computer and location just say that, I can look it up.). Basically as much information as you can possibly give us about the error, so that we can try and narrow down what's causing it.

I had that happen to me when I first registered. The wiki thought that my IP address was something other than the one I was actually using.

I'm having a particular issue. I received a new message last night, but when I read it, then return to the recent changes, the "New Message" template is still at the top. No matter how many times I visit my talk page, it will not go away.

Edit: It was because of the cache. No big deal.

Last edited:
I'm having a big issue with the blog function of the site: I try to create a new post in my blog and keep getting a message stating the following:

"kaisap112, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

This message started appearing out of nowhere and I do not have any recollection of doing anything that would get my account disabled.
Although, the blog post option seems to be the only one giving me this message. I can post on forums etc. just fine.

I was given the permission to post on Fizzy Bubbles in Bulbagarden pretty recently but I highly doubt that has anything to do with the blog issue...

BulbaNOW has kind of stopped working on the wiki's main page. It used to show up perfectly several hours ago, now it's just a blank box.

BulbaNOW has kind of stopped working on the wiki's main page. It used to show up perfectly several hours ago, now it's just a blank box.

There is a show button to the right of the heading, we decided to hide it from view so as to stop people from receiving spoilers if they didn't want to see them.

Well people can argue the same thing about the BulbaNOW window that appears on the forums, that isn't hidden. :p But thanks, didn't notice. Feel dumb now.

Just posting a report of some problems...
Some pages on the Bulbapedia site are loading normally (I.E. the main page, some NPC pages, some TCG and Pokemon Battrio pages). Using the random page button will sometime bring up a working page, however in all other cases I get a 503 error or in one rare case a message telling me to wait a few minutes and reload the page. I'm trying to go through a list of Pokemon in the search box to see which ones are working but even using a Google search I still get a 503 error. I've encountered this error across multiple browsers (the most current versions of Chrome and Internet Explorer). This error has been happening since about 10:08 to 10:26. I haven't read through every single page in this thread but I've read the first 4 and last 3 and haven't seen any real specific information on this error (other than off mentioned reports of maintenance), only that it's been happening more frequently. Is another maintenance occurring now that has not been posted on the forums or main page? It seems that this error has been happening for a while. I glanced over most forum posts that I thought could be related to it but haven't found anything yet.
Sorry for the long, first post.
Here's the error:

Error 503 Service Unavailable

Service Unavailable

Guru Meditation:

XID: 1232804227

Varnish cache server

EDIT: The "XID:" number changes, seemingly randomly. Should I post more of these numbers that appear? The address bar remains the same.
EDIT2: Some pages I can still access by searching the page through Google and then navigating to the appropriate Bulbapedia pages, but this does not always work.

Last edited:
The 503 error is affecting my ability to stay logged in on my member account on the main site of Bulbapedia.

503 errors are, to my knowledge, performance issues caused by too many page loads...
I'm trying to go through a list of Pokemon in the search box to see which ones are working
...and opening pages just for the sake of it isn't helping at all.

I've got the 503 Error as well. Though I can only access the home page, I can't access anywhere else D:

I hope Bulbagarden, Bulbanews, and the Archives are all fixed soon. I'm getting worried already, even more worried than waiting for a word from TV Tokyo about the still-postponed two-parter.

Back
Top Bottom