• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbawiki site issues thread

All I can really see is the Main Page, and everything else is 503 errors. -_____-

it seems to me as if there are some specific pages that will and won't open; for example, when I tried to open some of the front page new articles, only half come up, while the other half have a 503 error; even after refreshing, it was still the same for the pages opened.

However, it seems as if Kamon has detailed this best.

From this thread I am guessing it is due to page loads due to B/W2's release, but can it be some other reason?

it seems to me as if there are some specific pages that will and won't open; for example, when I tried to open some of the front page new articles, only half come up, while the other half have a 503 error; even after refreshing, it was still the same for the pages opened.

However, it seems as if Kamon has detailed this best.

From this thread I am guessing it is due to page loads due to B/W2's release, but can it be some other reason?

I know this may be off topic, but I love your signature! Pokemon the First Movie was the best Pokemon movie!!

Ahem, I've already said I keep having the 503 error on every single page except for the home page.

I'm not having any troubles... except for the pages I -want- to view. It seems like every page I click on works for me, except for the pages I want to get to. Troll server is troll.

Hopefully the staff will manage to get this under control as soon as possible.

I'm definitely blaming this on B2W2's release, and the server's resources being stretched way too thin as a result. To the staff trying to get it under control: thank you, and all the luck in the world to you in your efforts.

I don't know. Granted we've gotten a lot more traffic, but this was really sudden, and has been way too consistent. Checking on Alexa.com, our traffic did rise between the 28th and the 29th, but not to the amount it raised on the 23rd, where it had no real issues.

Unfortunate that the site decided to start acting up the same time I started a Pokemon White run...

Best of luck to the staff in getting this issue resolved.

Maybe the site just had a server fart? Lol, jokes aside, I too have been wondering what's been up. But even if traffic isn't the cause of this, I do imagine that the traffic still isn't helping the server in the slightest. Maybe the wiki should be temporarily taken offline until this issue is resolved? That's just my thought at least.

Well, easy come, easy go. Maybe I should clear my cache as Agent Looker suggested and then try again later.

It's partially working for me. Most pages seem to work now, though not always. I still can't get into yellow (color group) for instance no matter how many times I try. =P Most other pages don't seem to be having this problem.

Edit: Nevermind about most of the pages, the issue is still quite common.

Last edited:
Takes about 20 refreshes to load each page on my end to get to view them. :(

Thankfully pages still work while this problem is still ongoing.

I'll suggest you to not refresh the pages that many times. It might cause even more server stress.

It's the next day and the 503 error is still there, only now I'm not logged in anymore and I can't log back in :(

Back
Top Bottom