• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbawiki site issues thread

The site is doing very strange things right now. It looks like bulbapedia's website had a stroke or something. Going to other pages is impossible (when I try to go to a page in the site, I instead get a pop up asking me to download the title of the page I'd normally go to. For example, trying to go to the page about EP001, instead I get a pop up asking if I want to download a file called "EP001") -_-

In fact, I can't even go to the main page and it isn't like the normal server-down days where it says the server is down. No. It just pops up something asking me to download a file called "main_page" with no extension.

Here's an image:

1. after I type in the bulbapedia URL:

2. after I try to go to the site:

The site is doing very strange things right now. It looks like bulbapedia's website had a stroke or something. Going to other pages is impossible (when I try to go to a page in the site, I instead get a pop up asking me to download the title of the page I'd normally go to. For example, trying to go to the page about EP001, instead I get a pop up asking if I want to download a file called "EP001") -_-

In fact, I can't even go to the main page and it isn't like the normal server-down days where it says the server is down. No. It just pops up something asking me to download a file called "main_page" with no extension.

Here's an image:

1. after I type in the bulbapedia URL:

2. after I try to go to the site:

It is having serious Issues but as i said Seedot's page still works for me and so do some others, but if i try to search it downloads index. try Google Searching Seedot and clicking on Bulbapedias link, see if other people can access that.

Re: Bulbapedia site issues thread

hello, i have a problem
whenever I open your bulbapedia, it always shows as a downloaded unknown files and shows this:

<?php
/**
* This is the main web entry point for MediaWiki.
* If you are reading this in your web browser, your server is probably
* not configured correctly to run PHP applications!
* See the README, INSTALL, and UPGRADE files for basic setup instructions
* and pointers to the online documentation.
* MediaWiki
* ----------
* Copyright (C) 2001-2011 Magnus Manske, Brion Vibber, Lee Daniel Crocker,
* Tim Starling, Erik Möller, Gabriel Wicke, Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason,
* Niklas Laxström, Domas Mituzas, Rob Church, Yuri Astrakhan, Aryeh Gregor,
* Aaron Schulz, Andrew Garrett, Raimond Spekking, Alexandre Emsenhuber
* Siebrand Mazeland, Chad Horohoe, Roan Kattouw and others.
* This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
* it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
* the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
* (at your option) any later version.
* This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
* but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
* MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
* GNU General Public License for more details.
* You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along
* with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc.,
* 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301, USA.
* The GNU General Public License v3.0 - GNU Project - Free Software Foundation (FSF)
* @file
*/

# Bail on old versions of PHP. Pretty much every other file in the codebase
# has structures (try/catch, foo()->bar(), etc etc) which throw parse errors in
# PHP 4. Setup.php and ObjectCache.php have structures invalid in PHP 5.0 and
# 5.1, respectively.
if ( !function_exists( 'version_compare' ) || version_compare( phpversion(), '5.2.3' ) < 0 ) {
require( dirname( __FILE__ ) . '/includes/PHPVersionError.php' );
wfPHPVersionError( 'index.php' );
}

# Initialise common code. This gives us access to GlobalFunctions, the
# AutoLoader, and the globals $wgRequest, $wgOut, $wgUser, $wgLang and
# $wgContLang, amongst others; it does *not* load $wgTitle
if ( isset( $_SERVER['MW_COMPILED'] ) ) {
require ( 'phase3/includes/WebStart.php' );
} else {
require ( dirname( __FILE__ ) . '/includes/WebStart.php' );
}

$mediaWiki = new MediaWiki();
$mediaWiki->run();

I'm getting the same issue with the site. I went to Haunter's page and everything was fine, but when I tried to go to Flygon's and Typhlosion's it wanted me to download it. Eventually I got to Flygon's page without downloading anything. I then did a google image search of Typhlosion, clicked on the one from bulbapedia and got to that page that way. Only, the page was completely text.

Bulbapedia's currently a little screwed, I wouldn't be surprised if they shut down the server for much needed maintenance... Might have to use serebii until things are fixed up as much as bulbapedia is a ton better. I'm sure that the problem will be resolved in the next few days.

I'm getting the download problem too. Thank goodness it wasn't just me I thought my keyboard was broken or I obtained a virus :c

As noted the issues appear to have been resolved, apparently Amazon was having similar issues as such we believed it may have been due to the client servers. Thanks everyone for your co operation.

Might have to use serebii until things are fixed up as much as bulbapedia is a ton better.
Well Serebii and Bulbanews both report news before each other (so always worth checking both for that), and to my knowledge, Bulbapedia lacks a way to easily check where to get Seen Pokedex entries (because trainer info isn't on individual Pokemon pages, only on location pages) - that's the main thing I use Serebii for. I do prefer Bulbapedia's layout though, and thanks to user editability, it doesn't have the leftover Japanese terms Serebii sometimes has. So of course, downtime or annoying bugs like this download one, are a nuisance.

Is anyone having trouble expanding the itemboxes for any item? For example on the Poke Ball page I can't see the descriptions or anything. The [Show] link is gone.

I noticed it doesn't work in chrome, but it works when I open it in IE, unfortunately.

Can you make sure that you don't have an add-on or extension in Chrome that is blocking Javascript?

I'm trying to email-confirm my account but I'm not getting any emails from Bulbagarden. Tried resending, checking junk folder, etc and still nothing. Is this a common issue/how might I resolve it?

Is it giving an error message when you try and resend? If not, then it's likely gone through. Emails, despite popular thought, aren't actually an instant system. There can be a significant amount of lag. Try giving it some time.

I am having the same problem with the show button not showing up. On my other laptop it will but not on this one and I use both chrome on each of em. At first I thought they might have been taken out.

Again, can I get a list of what add ons you have installed? I need to know exactly what your setup is in order to nail down what is causing the problem. I can't fix something if I don't know what is making it break.

Can someone help me out here? I'm trying to add pages to my watchlist, but when I go to my watchlist, it remains empty almost like I never added anything to my watchlist in the first place. Is any solution to this?

By the way this is me. (irrelevant but if I knew how to change the name to BlazeTheMovieFan I would, but that's for another day.)

By default, your watchlist shows all edits made to your watched pages in the past 72 hours. You can change that, just under the "mark all pages read" button to "all" and you'll see everything.

@BlazeTheMovieFan; Account renaming on Bulbapedia can only be performed by a member of the [bp=Bulbapedia:Editorial Board]Editorial Board[/bp] as it causes a relatively high level of strain on the servers. You can drop a name change request on [bp=User talk:Kogoro]my talk page[/bp] and, upon majority approval, I can perform that username change for you. Username related matters can all be found on the [bp=Bulbapedia:Username policy]username policy[/bp].

By default, your watchlist shows all edits made to your watched pages in the past 72 hours. You can change that, just under the "mark all pages read" button to "all" and you'll see everything.

Unfortunately it doesn't help.

When I add something to my watchlist on Bulbapedia, it just doesn't count. It gets removed off the watchlist the moment I add it.

Is this a glitch of some sort? I think it is because it shouldn't happen.

Can someone help me out here? I'm trying to add pages to my watchlist, but when I go to my watchlist, it remains empty almost like I never added anything to my watchlist in the first place. Is any solution to this?

By the way this is me. (irrelevant but if I knew how to change the name to BlazeTheMovieFan I would, but that's for another day.)

Go to your watchlist. On the top of the page there should be three links (View relevant changes|View and edit Watchlist|Edit Raw watchlist). Click the second link to see all of the page you've placed on the watchlist. The main watchlist page you're getting only shows pages that have been edited in the past 3 days.

Back
Top Bottom