• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbawiki site issues thread

Can someone help me out here? I'm trying to add pages to my watchlist, but when I go to my watchlist, it remains empty almost like I never added anything to my watchlist in the first place. Is any solution to this?

By the way this is me. (irrelevant but if I knew how to change the name to BlazeTheMovieFan I would, but that's for another day.)

Go to your watchlist. On the top of the page there should be three links (View relevant changes|View and edit Watchlist|Edit Raw watchlist). Click the second link to see all of the page you've placed on the watchlist. The main watchlist page you're getting only shows pages that have been edited in the past 3 days.

I tried that, after I went to "Edit raw watchlist" and listed the items I wanted to watch, the watchlist still remains empty.

And also when I go to the pages themselves and click "watch", the list still remains empty.

Could it be possible that something is wrong with my browser?

I don't know why the watchlist remains empty.

I really appreciate that you guys are trying to help.

There seems to be an issue with the watchlists. The "mark all pages visited" button isn't working either. I imagine they're both caused by the same fault, but I don't yet know what that is. Likely an issue with updating the list in the database, as new edits are appearing on them, but visits aren't marked.

So I did a really stupid thing, though in my defense, I was trying to clear up an issue and then...promptly forgot email confirmations were screwed up.

But it starts with this:

doomed.jpg

This is not going away. That second user was me. I've refreshed, rebooted, purged, logged out-and-in, and no amount of clicking and checking is doing anything. So I thought it was an IP issue and someone hacked me, but it doesn't seem to be the case? (I changed my password anyway) and then just to be safe, I decided to change my email~

Confirmation email is sent immediately, but the code's invalid no matter how fast or slow I am to confirm it. ...This is absolute karma. M'a bad SA and I will accept this punishment because I deserve it. Stuck with a permanent thing and can't edit.

I suspect that this is the same bug as the watchlist one. It's not recording visits to pages.

The email confirmation code bug on the other hand I have no idea. @Zhen Lin;?

Confirmation email is sent immediately, but the code's invalid no matter how fast or slow I am to confirm it. ...This is absolute karma. M'a bad SA and I will accept this punishment because I deserve it. Stuck with a permanent thing and can't edit.
The exact same thing happened to me a few months ago. After a zillion tries (believe me, I tried everything... And I mean EVERYTHING but it didn't work).
In the end, instead of pedia, I tried to change the email on Bulbanews and put a "different" email (never used for bulba purpose before) and apparently, it worked. Ever since that day, I haven't tried to change my email. And I can edit again.

But please note that it may not work for others, if it worked for one user in the past. So, be careful with that.

So there is a problem with the watchlist after all.

Please tell me it will be fixed soon. Because I hate having to go to each page to see if there are any new edits.

The recent edits page still works. But I can't really limit that page to just the pages I wanna keep an eye on.

Is it giving an error message when you try and resend? If not, then it's likely gone through. Emails, despite popular thought, aren't actually an instant system. There can be a significant amount of lag. Try giving it some time.

I've waited over two weeks for it to arrive (and tried submitting it multiple times) and still nothing. Is a manual confirmation possible?

I tried to register for an account on Bulbapedia, but I'm unable to confirm it. Whenever I click or copy-paste the confirmation link in my e-mail, I get a message that says "Invalid confirmation code. The code may have expired."

*reads back* And it's not just me, it seems, which is kinda good to know.

Please fix this issue with the watchlist on Bulbapedia as soon as possible. You have no idea how annoying it is to go to each page to see if there are new edits.

I really am tired of adding items to my watchlist just to have them removed off it the second I add it.

Sorry if I'm repeating myself, but I really need to use the watchlist the way it's meant to be used.

Please fix this issue with the watchlist on Bulbapedia as soon as possible. You have no idea how annoying it is to go to each page to see if there are new edits.
I really am tired of adding items to my watchlist just to have them removed off it the second I add it.
Sorry if I'm repeating myself, but I really need to use the watchlist the way it's meant to be used.
Yes, we are intentionally not fixing the problem because we don't know or care how annoying it is.

Dude, you have to be patient. We are aware of the problem and trying to fix it.
It's proving to be a difficult issue to repair. We can't just snap our fingers and have it magically fix itself.

And, several more hours of work later, our tech has just fixed a bug in the Mediawiki software on which the wikis are built. This seems to have fixed the issue.

I must stress that once we know of an issue, simply telling us that it is an issue is less than helpful. The more information we can get, the faster the bugs can be located. Every time you post here complaining about the issue, our tech stops trying to fix it in order to see if you have anything that might help him. If there's new details in the post, for example Luna informing us above that it is also affecting the talk page messages bar, then it helps locate and speed up the fix. If it is just "This is really annoying, why isn't it fixed yet?" then it doesn't help and, in fact, delays any potential fix. It's also very distracting and annoying for them.

You're right, I'm sorry about constantly bringing it up.

Well the watchlist is fixed now. But yeah, I should have been patient.

Last edited:
503 errors happen when the server is too busy to serve a page request, they can happen on any page and happen randomly from time to time. If you experience a 503 error, just wait for a reasonable while, then you can try to check the page again.

I think there's some issues with the server. My computer says it's getting busy, and can't load anything else on here.

I searched Shigeki Morimoto on Bulbapedia and this came up:

bulbapedia attack.PNG

Here's the diagnostic page:

blubapedia diagnostic.PNG

It's kind of weird considering these statements:

What is the current listing status for bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net?
Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

What happened when Google visited this site?
Of the 339 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 0 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2012-12-29, and suspicious content was never found on this site within the past 90 days.

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?
Over the past 90 days, bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

Back
Top Bottom