• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbawiki site issues thread

Rest assured, Bulbapedia is safe to browse and edit. The erroneous warning seems to be caused by a fault by Google.

I figured as much. Is there any way to fix that? It would be unfortunate for casual users to stumble upon the warning.

Rest assured, Bulbapedia is safe to browse and edit. The erroneous warning seems to be caused by a fault by Google.

I figured as much. Is there any way to fix that? It would be unfortunate for casual users to stumble upon the warning.

There's nothing we can do other than report the erroneous malware flagging to Google, and wait for them to fix the fault. To continue browsing Bulbapedia until then, you'll have to tell your browser to ignore the warning and that Bulbapedia is safe to view.

Keep in mind, that by ignoring a malware warning, erroneous or not, you're taking your browsing safety entirely into your own hands. For the highest level of safety, wait for the problem to be resolved.

Last edited:
I just got a Malware warning from Chrome when trying to visit a page on Hydreigon.

This pretty much sums up the situation.

I don't know if someone already pointed this out... but Firefox also says Bulbapedia is an attack site and that red screen appears when I try to access it, so it's probably not a fault by Google Chrome

I don't know if someone already pointed this out... but Firefox also says Bulbapedia is an attack site and that red screen appears when I try to access it, so it's probably not a fault by Google Chrome
It's a "Google Safe Browsing" thing, not Google Chrome. I'd figure Firefox takes its blacklists from Google's lists among others. (Though to be honest I can't find where does it take these reports from specifically, just that the page links to Google's services)

Can anybody submit these reports or something? Cause I have no clue how Google would identify Bulbapedia as a malware site.

Wait a second. When I clicked the diagnostic page, this is what I got:

What is the current listing status for bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 2 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 769 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 17 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2012-12-30, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2012-12-30.

Malicious software includes 5 trojan(s), 4 exploit(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 9 new process(es) on the target machine.

Malicious software is hosted on 5 domain(s), including izumishop.com/, ilovept.info/, ilovefrance.info/.

3 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including adexcite.com/, buildmediapc.com/, 2upmedia.com/.

This site was hosted on 3 network(s) including AS14618 (AMAZON), AS36351 (SOFTLAYER), AS15169 (Google Internet Backbone).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

And, you know...this is a wiki.

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 2 time(s) over the past 90 days.

Of the 769 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 17 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2012-12-30, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2012-12-30.

Malicious software includes 5 trojan(s), 4 exploit(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 9 new process(es) on the target machine.

Malicious software is hosted on 5 domain(s), including izumishop.com/, ilovept.info/, ilovefrance.info/.

3 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including adexcite.com/, buildmediapc.com/, 2upmedia.com/.

This site was hosted on 3 network(s) including AS14618 (AMAZON), AS36351 (SOFTLAYER), AS15169 (Google Internet Backbone).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Sometimes this is caused by rogue ads and hijacked image linking, too.

Let's see if IE's SmartScreen also trips things up.

EDIT: Doesn't seem like it. I wonder what is in Google Safe Browsing that trips up easier?

And yet when you look at my post earlier, you'll see that Google reports not having found any suspicious activity in the last 90 days. The only thing suspicious is google. 90 days certainly has not elapsed between our posts.

Of course, yours had more pages tested (apparently) but when I look again, the diagnostics page now says 16 pages resulted in malicious software.

And yet when you look at my post earlier, you'll see that Google reports not having found any suspicious activity in the last 90 days. The only thing suspicious is google. 90 days certainly has not elapsed between our posts.

No, but 1 day had elapsed. You posted a report from the 29th, and he posted a report from the 30th. In other words, all that suspicious activity from "the last 90 days" was discovered at some point between the 29th and 30th.

This isn't complicated.

Bulbapedia was fine in the (European) morning, but now the malware-Warning is back... any clou how this would happen?

The numbers have increased AGAIN.
Safe Browsing
Diagnostic page for bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this website may harm your computer.
Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 5 time(s) over the past 90 days.
Of the 1262 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 300 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2012-12-31, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2012-12-31.Malicious software includes 9 trojan(s), 4 exploit(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 8 new process(es) on the target machine.
Malicious software is hosted on 6 domain(s), including izumishop.com/, ilovept.info/, ilovefrance.info/.
4 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including adexcite.com/, buildmediapc.com/, wakingmoonmedia.com/.
How did this happen?
Next steps:

We're aware it's still an issue. Just stay off of Bulbapedia and Bulbanews until the ad situation is resolved.

Could be the ads sometimes. I kinda got that warning to while looking for sprites.

Back
Top Bottom