• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbawiki site issues thread

I'm on Firefox too, and it tends to update itself automatically, so unless it's stopped doing that I don't see how it could even be out of date.

If that comment is meant to be doubting my post, I assure you I spoke the truth.

And the fact is, I don't care enough about updating to try to figure out why my Firefox is out-of-date, or else to go to the (even minimal) trouble of getting the newest version. Things work fine for me as is. The borked watch/unwatch buttons are quite annoying, but since I can still manually edit the watchlist, that's not enough to make me care about updating, either.

Re: Bulbapedia site issues thread

I'm getting an internal error when trying to add a section to certain users' talk pages. I could append on my own talk page just fine, though.
C85jy3R.jpg

The problem fixed by itself as of 1st January, but it happened systematically on every attempt of two separate talk pages on the 26th and never on any mainspace pages.

Last edited:
I joined Bulbapedia yesterday.
I tried to edit the Swedish name of a move, but when I save the page it loads for a minute, then it stops loading and becomes white.
Apparently I can't edit my own page without editing something else so it is quite annyoing.

Hopefully this is the right thread to post in..?

In any case, my issue is that the Vector skin on Bulbapedia does not allow one to view a given page's Source (source code) under normal options; it's only available when the general editing privileges for a given page has been locked. Other skins are able to present an "Edit" tab and a "View Source" tab at the same time, so could the same formatting be done for the Monaco skin, please? Thanks in advance.

(For reference, the current "Vector skin " tabs are: Read, Edit (replaced with "View Source" when a page is locked), View History, Watch (displayed in the form of a star-shaped icon), and Move (available via the drop-down list's arrow).

I can't edit anything on Bulbapedia, even though I'm logged in.
I can press the edit button and when I edit something and press submit, it just loads for ages, then sends me to a blank page. None of my edits work at all.

Last edited:

In any case, my issue is that the Vector skin on Bulbapedia does not allow one to view a given page's Source (source code) under normal options; it's only available when the general editing privileges for a given page has been locked. Other skins are able to present an "Edit" tab and a "View Source" tab at the same time, so could the same formatting be done for the Monaco skin, please? Thanks in advance.

(For reference, the current "Vector skin " tabs are: Read, Edit (replaced with "View Source" when a page is locked), View History, Watch (displayed in the form of a star-shaped icon), and Move (available via the drop-down list's arrow).

If what you want is to see wiki source code, "Edit" and "View Source" are functionally equivalent. Furthermore, it appears to me that the other Bulbapedia skins do not show both "Edit" and "View Source" on editable pages. (Also/On the other hand, the "Monaco" skin does not appear to me to even be an option for skins, so unless you mistook the name, you seem to have something odd going on.)

I joined Bulbapedia yesterday.
I tried to edit the Swedish name of a move, but when I save the page it loads for a minute, then it stops loading and becomes white.
Apparently I can't edit my own page without editing something else so it is quite annyoing.

Which move page were you trying to edit? There are some move pages that take a while to load because there is too many data on the page. This occurrence happened on the Headbutt page and has since been fixed. I know Sleep Talk also has this problem, as whenever I try to open that page, it takes a lifetime to load up.

One of the main reason you can't edit your userpage is that you have not made enough mainspace edits. The amount of mainspace edits you must make. i can't tell you as I don't know the amount myself.

I can press the edit button and when I edit something and press submit, it just loads for ages, then sends me to a blank page. None of my edits work at all.

What page did you try to edit? If it was one of the moves pages, see my response above.

Which move page were you trying to edit? There are some move pages that take a while to load because there is too many data on the page. This occurrence happened on the Headbutt page and has since been fixed. I know Sleep Talk also has this problem, as whenever I try to open that page, it takes a lifetime to load up.

One of the main reason you can't edit your userpage is that you have not made enough mainspace edits. The amount of mainspace edits you must make. i can't tell you as I don't know the amount myself.

What page did you try to edit? If it was one of the moves pages, see my response above.
Tried editing Flabébé's page minutes ago, and I am encountering the same problem ArcticFire and Blob have mentioned: takes forever to load, only to be greeted by a blank screen. My edit wasn't going through as a result.

Tried editing Flabébé's page minutes ago, and I am encountering the same problem ArcticFire and Blob have mentioned: takes forever to load, only to be greeted by a blank screen. My edit wasn't going through as a result.

There are currently upgrades being done (at least on the archives) that is likely causing problems for you editing, so it may not be the same as the other two's problems.

There are currently upgrades being done (at least on the archives) that is likely causing problems for you editing, so it may not be the same as the other two's problems.
Will try later then. Thanks for the heads-up.

I'm surprised that nobody's mentioned this here yet, but just to make sure that it's been noticed - all resized images on the wiki (i.e. all image thumbnails) are getting replaced by an error that looks like this:
Code:
Error creating thumbnail: convert: no decode delegate for this image format `/tmp/magick-F62oDO74' @ error/constitute.c/ReadImage/532.
convert: missing an image filename `/tmp/transform_b2dc8bdee249-1.png' @ error/convert.c/ConvertImageCommand/3011.

I've had the same problem, but with list of Pokémon Available in each game (tried to add the Pidove line as Pokémon found in Friend Safaris) and Editing Trainer and Route pages.

I'm surprised that nobody's mentioned this here yet, but just to make sure that it's been noticed - all resized images on the wiki (i.e. all image thumbnails) are getting replaced by an error that looks like this:
Code:
Error creating thumbnail: convert: no decode delegate for this image format `/tmp/magick-F62oDO74' @ error/constitute.c/ReadImage/532.
convert: missing an image filename `/tmp/transform_b2dc8bdee249-1.png' @ error/convert.c/ConvertImageCommand/3011.

Images broke due to a hardware issue that has since been addressed. If anyone happens upon an image displaying such an error message, clicking on the running UTC clock at the very top of the article should repair the thumbnails.

If what you want is to see wiki source code, "Edit" and "View Source" are functionally equivalent. Furthermore, it appears to me that the other Bulbapedia skins do not show both "Edit" and "View Source" on editable pages. (Also/On the other hand, the "Monaco" skin does not appear to me to even be an option for skins, so unless you mistook the name, you seem to have something odd going on.)

Thanks for your input. Yeah; I've primarily been using the "Edit" tab to view source code since I switched to the Vector skin.. I was wondering if the lack of a "View Source" button on the Vector skin was an oversight that occurred on the Vector skin in particular, since the default Bulbapedia skin has both "Edit" and "View Source" tabs displayed simultaneously. I don't think I've tried out any other skins besides the Bulbapedia default skin and the Vector skin, so I was unaware that the other skins encounter the same issue..

Although I can manage with utilizing the "Edit" tab in place of "View Source", my main worry is that one day I may be 'editing' a page to look at the source code, and in the process, I might re-arrange/alter a little or a lot of content and accidentally save (like if I pressed Enter intending to make a space, but the action accidentally results in the page saving itself...I use the "Tab" key a lot, so sometimes this little quirk occurs), without noticing that such an error had occurred. Also, sometimes I view older revisions of certain pages to view specific piece(s) of source code that is/are not in those pages' current revisions. Unless I'm mistaken, I recall reading somewhere on Bulbapedia that if you "Edit and Save" an older revision of a given article/page, all of the subsequent changes to that article would be lost (for example: If I looked at the source code of a "11:59 PM, March 14, 2009" revision of a currently-existing article via the Edit tab and accidentally saved, all the changes from "12:00 AM, March 15, 2009" to the current date would be lost). I'm unsure whether such an accident is easily reversible, so I would rather not take the chance.
Moreover, if I'm trying to see what a particular piece of source code does in an article, I try to use "Show Preview" for testing purposes, but I'm worried that one day I might press "Save page" on accident.
TL:DR, the "View Source" button lets me feel more secure when dealing with source code/helps me to minimize the risk of accidentally damaging an article as opposed to if I rely on the "Edit" button to view an article's source code.

Whoops; sorry, yeah, I meant Vector in that second instance, not Monaco. (I might've been thinking of a MediaWiki Monaco skin or something...)

TL:DR, the "View Source" button lets me feel more secure when dealing with source code/helps me to minimize the risk of accidentally damaging an article as opposed to if I rely on the "Edit" button to view an article's source code.
Put simply, if you're worried, that means you'll be more likely to be careful and less likely to make a mistake. And if you do, it's easy to Undo, anyway.

Honestly, I harbor the exact same concerns. And every time I'm trying to preview, I'm very careful to not accidentally hit Save. I too love keyboard navigation usually, but because of this very concern you mention, I don't let myself use the Tab key to select Preview, and now I always reach over to move my mouse and make sure I'm over Preview before clicking. I'm not sure I've ever mistakenly clicked Save like that...although I have rather frequently clicked the "license your submission" link instead. >_<

@fenyx4; The "View Source" button literally just changes the display text. The link still appends "&action=edit", and therefore leads to the edit page when it's unprotected. It's not unique to the vector skin, all the other skins are the same - it's just how mediawiki works.
@Tiddlywinks; If you want a keyboard shortcut, "alt+shift+s" is save, and alt+shift+p is preview.

I get a 404 error when I try to access Bulbanews.

Never mind, it's working now.

Last edited:
On any page I edit, I am unable to edit, getting this error message:
Code:
This action has been automatically identified as harmful, and therefore disallowed. If you believe your action was constructive, please inform an administrator of what you were trying to do. A brief description of the abuse rule which your action matched is: Vandal filter 2
I don't know what it means, and it has prevented me from writing text on A) a talk page, B) a user talk page, and C) a article. I am not a autoconfirmed user on the wiki, although I am on the archives.

I can't even view "Vandal filter 2", so I don't know if there is anything I am doing wrong or what. But it seems to be broken.

Back
Top Bottom