• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbawiki site issues thread

On any page I edit, I am unable to edit, getting this error message:
Code:
This action has been automatically identified as harmful, and therefore disallowed. If you believe your action was constructive, please inform an administrator of what you were trying to do. A brief description of the abuse rule which your action matched is: Vandal filter 2
I don't know what it means, and it has prevented me from writing text on A) a talk page, B) a user talk page, and C) a article. I am not a autoconfirmed user on the wiki, although I am on the archives.

I can't even view "Vandal filter 2", so I don't know if there is anything I am doing wrong or what. But it seems to be broken.

There was an issue with that filter which caused it to flag legitimate edits. The issue has been addressed, so please try editing again. Let me know if you're still encountering issues while editing. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

On any page I edit, I am unable to edit, getting this error message:
Code:
This action has been automatically identified as harmful, and therefore disallowed. If you believe your action was constructive, please inform an administrator of what you were trying to do. A brief description of the abuse rule which your action matched is: Vandal filter 2
I don't know what it means, and it has prevented me from writing text on A) a talk page, B) a user talk page, and C) a article. I am not a autoconfirmed user on the wiki, although I am on the archives.

I can't even view "Vandal filter 2", so I don't know if there is anything I am doing wrong or what. But it seems to be broken.

There was an issue with that filter which caused it to flag legitimate edits. The issue has been addressed, so please try editing again. Let me know if you're still encountering issues while editing. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

It seems to be working now, thanks!

Hey all! For the past couple days I have been trying to use the search. when I type something in and hit search, it instantly goes to a page that says exactly this: An error has occurred while searching: HTTP request timed out.

What?? Why?

I desperately need the search someone please tell someone to fix this! I Have searched many many times before and have never had this issue. no idea whats happening here.
Thanks in advance!!

For some reason, when I go onto Bulbapedia, the browser freezes and then stops working on me. I'm not sure if it's related to the ads playing on the side or something else.

I noticed that Bulbapedia now has a mobile version, which is promising, so I checked it out. Unfortunately, the link to switch to the desktop version does not work like it should.

Also, infoboxes, like the ones for each species, appear to disregard the alignment it had on the desktop version.

Will fill in anything else as I try out the mobile browser.

Edit: Adding an article to the watchlist by clicking on the star in the header either takes a long time to attempt to add or does not add the page.

Edit2: Okay, just tried to edit on the mobile browser. Edits are not saving.

Last edited:
I noticed that Bulbapedia now has a mobile version, which is promising, so I checked it out. Unfortunately, the link to switch to the desktop version does not work like it should.

Also, infoboxes, like the ones for each species, appear to disregard the alignment it had on the desktop version.

Will fill in anything else as I try out the mobile browser.

The mobile skin is only still being developed. It really shouldn't be used, except for testing purposes.

Thanks for the info, however.

Yeah I'm having a problem with the mobile version too. Whenever I go to Bulbapedia it will display the mobile version and won't let me switch to the desktop version. So you know: What the hell?

Although you say that, Kogs, someone (I presume Archaic) posted on the BP Twitter that it's still in development but totally available.
Basically, we should fix these issues as we find them if possible.

Agreed completely on the fixing of issues when found. But I do personally suggest that people only use it if it's necessary to use a mobile view, or if they're wanting to help find bugs & other issues. The mobile view needs a lot of work before it's really ready for mass public use.

Current intention is to end the "public beta" this weekend. It'll still be accessible for anyone who knows the URL, but those users who don't want to see it won't.

Had a few people report this one. The issue appears to have something to do with how the mobile skin redirects mobile users to a separate subdomain (m.bulbapedia rather than bulbapedia). When you click the link it *should* be sending you back to the regular sub-domain, but for some reason it's not....and since m.bulbapedia can only display the mobile skin, you're getting stuck on the mobile skin. It's something I need to talk to @ZhenLin; about, but he likely won't be available on this one until the weekend.

There is a work-around for now, though it's a bit clunky. Most mobile browsers will let you set "request desktop sites" in your options somewhere. Close all Bulbapedia tabs, set that option, then load up Bulbapedia with the normal URL in a fresh tab. You'll be back on the desktop version.

Everything gets left-aligned on the mobile skin. (Probably) working as intended.

Edit: Adding an article to the watchlist by clicking on the star in the header either takes a long time to attempt to add or does not add the page.
Can you do me a favour on this one? Try the mobile version of Wikipedia, and tell me if you have that same problem. They have the exact same mobile setup as this. If it doesn't work there either, then there's nothing we can do about it for now.

Okay, now that's a fucking huge error. Don't know why that would be the case at all. Will have to check with Zhen on this one.

Current intention is to end the "public beta" this weekend. It'll still be accessible for anyone who knows the URL, but those users who don't want to see it won't.

Had a few people report this one. The issue appears to have something to do with how the mobile skin redirects mobile users to a separate subdomain (m.bulbapedia rather than bulbapedia). When you click the link it *should* be sending you back to the regular sub-domain, but for some reason it's not....and since m.bulbapedia can only display the mobile skin, you're getting stuck on the mobile skin. It's something I need to talk to @ZhenLin; about, but he likely won't be available on this one until the weekend.

There is a work-around for now, though it's a bit clunky. Most mobile browsers will let you set "request desktop sites" in your options somewhere. Close all Bulbapedia tabs, set that option, then load up Bulbapedia with the normal URL in a fresh tab. You'll be back on the desktop version.

Everything gets left-aligned on the mobile skin. (Probably) working as intended.

Can you do me a favour on this one? Try the mobile version of Wikipedia, and tell me if you have that same problem. They have the exact same mobile setup as this. If it doesn't work there either, then there's nothing we can do about it for now.

Okay, now that's a fucking huge error. Don't know why that would be the case at all. Will have to check with Zhen on this one.

For your third point: I cannot check on Wikipedia, as I don't have an account there. Anyways, tried adding to watchlist again, and works as it should. Maybe had a bad case of loading there. My apologies.

None of my edits are going through in both Bulbapedia and the Archives (I tried them both). Whenever I save an edit I did, the screen loads and then the page goes blank.

any news on the problem? It is weird that some users can post while others can't.

I came here to say exactly the same. Not only you can't save any edit, but it seems like you can't upload new files either.

Another older issue (I'm not sure if it's actually a bug or I'm doing something wrong or it's supposed to be like that) is that the "add to watchlist" button below the edit box is marked by default when I start editing, and I have to unselect it every time I'm going to save any edits (well, back when I could save edits, anyway...)

Another older issue (I'm not sure if it's actually a bug or I'm doing something wrong or it's supposed to be like that) is that the "add to watchlist" button below the edit box is marked by default when I start editing, and I have to unselect it every time I'm going to save any edits (well, back when I could save edits, anyway...)
You can change this by going to Preferences and unchecking the box next to "Add pages and files I edit to my watchlist".

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom