• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbawiki site issues thread

In regards to the current editing & uploading issues: We are looking into the issues, and hope to get them fixed ASAP. When we believe the issue has been remedied, we will make another post here to let everyone know. We apologize for the inconvenience this is causing to our editors, but please bear with us as we work to getting things working properly again.

Thank you.

Re: Bulbapedia site issues thread

Over the past few days, I have had an issue on multiple browsers and Internet networks in which I cannot edit any articles on Bulbapedia, but I have been able to edit the userspace and certain mainspace talk pages. I have no idea why this is happening. When I try to save my changes (on pages where I can't edit), my browser says it's "connecting" for about 15-30 seconds, and then it goes to a blank white page with a URL that has the &action=submit suffix on it or something. When I go back to the page I was editing (without using my browser's back button), my changes were not saved. Anyone have any ideas?

Just to add another data point, I've mostly had no problem editing whatever I've needed to recently in the mainspace. The only exception I've encountered was on Squirtle, trying to revert the latest edit. Outside of the mainspace, though, I am currently having trouble editing user talk pages. (At the moment, I've only had occasion to try with two different users, one of whom only had the welcome message.)

Re: Bulbapedia site issues thread

Over the past few days, I have had an issue on multiple browsers and Internet networks in which I cannot edit any articles on Bulbapedia, but I have been able to edit the userspace and certain mainspace talk pages. I have no idea why this is happening. When I try to save my changes (on pages where I can't edit), my browser says it's "connecting" for about 15-30 seconds, and then it goes to a blank white page with a URL that has the &action=submit suffix on it or something. When I go back to the page I was editing (without using my browser's back button), my changes were not saved. Anyone have any ideas?

Please read the post directly above your post.

I've noticed that there have been no new users since September 15th. Also, I can make minor edits, but once I make a major one, it fails to save.

It seems to be fine when editing talk pages. I can't make any mainspace edits at all anymore.

Yep, I'm getting it too. The main page comes up fine but I can't see the RecentChanges page or most articles.

Hey am I the only one having a hard time getting to Bulbapedia? This morning, it was very slow, now I can't even view any page at all.

It seems whenever I am on the full version of Bulbapedia on my Kindle, it scrolls me to the top of the page over and over, even after the page is done loading. Makes it impossible to read.

On the main site I am getting the "Please install the Mantle MediaWiki extension.". Hopefully it is temporary and will be gone in a few hours, but I just want to bring this up just in case.

That is mainly for the recent changes it would seem but I think the server might be having some issues, likely due to server stress.

Last edited:
Sometimes when I save edits on the Bulbapedia side, I get this:

"Warning: This action has been automatically identified as harmful. Unconstructive edits will be quickly reverted, and egregious or repeated unconstructive editing will result in your account or IP address being blocked. If you believe this action to be constructive, you may submit it again to confirm it. A brief description of the abuse rule which your action matched is: Non-wikitext formatting"

After saving the edit twice, I get the bad formatting tag shown on the Recent changes. I figured where the tag came from but why on the good edits.

Pyro, If I recall this was an image that we were having with Kindles already, there was no simple fix that we could find though, could you check to see if it works for me again? If it doesn't I'll pass it up to higher ups and see what they say.

Tyler and Glik, are you still getting these errors? I've not received either of them.

Pattyman, were you editing using a phone? I know those tend to be a bit buggy.

When accessing Contributions and SpecialPages, the navigation menu is shoved down to the bottom of the page as if it wasn't properly loaded. None of the other pages in the Special namespace appear to do this.

Can you provide a screenshot of this happening? Additionally, what OS and browser(s) are you using when this occurs? Neither of these special pages are doing this for me, logged in or logged out, so the issue may be localized to some software on your computer.

Sometimes when I save edits on the Bulbapedia side, I get this:

"Warning: This action has been automatically identified as harmful. Unconstructive edits will be quickly reverted, and egregious or repeated unconstructive editing will result in your account or IP address being blocked. If you believe this action to be constructive, you may submit it again to confirm it. A brief description of the abuse rule which your action matched is: Non-wikitext formatting"

After saving the edit twice, I get the bad formatting tag shown on the Recent changes. I figured where the tag came from but why on the good edits.

That happens if you trigger the third [bp=Special:AbuseFilter]abuse filter[/bp], which is triggered if editing content that contains two or more <br> tags in a row.

Back
Top Bottom