• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbawiki site issues thread

APNG images don't animate for me like they used to.
I've used Chrome Beta w/ the APNG extension for a while now, and this has only started in the last few months.
Resetting flags and plug-ins or clearing cached files and cookies have helped. Firefox doesn't have this issue.

It will partially animate while my mouse moves over any nearby link. In this shot it'd be links in the left sidebar:
apng.png
On the move's main page it'd be the ones in the move's information like "Type" and "Psychic."

Technical difficulties have been occurring whenever I try to get on Bulbapedia and Archives when the page becomes blank and stops loading.

Oh yeah, I've almost gotten used to it but I've been having the same sort of problem periodically. It usually resolves in a minute or few, but it can also happen a few different times in a short span. Recent Changes and diffs (from Recent Changes) just flat out fail to load when the problem pops up, but if I've been making an edit, Show Changes or Submit apear to just keep waiting for a response (and if I let it keep waiting, it often ends up successfully loading when the hiccup has passed). I wasn't sure if it was me or Bulbapedia, since I tried checking the Twitter account and didn't see any notice of server issues or anything.

Technical difficulties have been occurring whenever I try to get on Bulbapedia and Archives when the page becomes blank and stops loading.

Assumed this was trouble on my end, but having the same thing happen to me. Strangely enough, it only occurs on my computer and not on my phone (both of which use Chrome).

It has been happening on both, my phone and my Mac.....I thought i was the only one facing white screen. But after a few reloads, it loads properly

We're aware of the whitescreen and 503 issues that are currently going on. While we are looking into the cause of the problem, there is currently nothing we can do to fix it.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has been causing.

Not too much of a hassle but, on the Recent Changes, I see that a new edit was made by someone but when I click on the page during the logged out mode, I still see the old version and I don't get to see the new version until I'm logged in.

Not too much of a hassle but, on the Recent Changes, I see that a new edit was made by someone but when I click on the page during the logged out mode, I still see the old version and I don't get to see the new version until I'm logged in.

Logged out users view a cached version of the wikis, but articles will update to match any changes rather quickly.

For some reason, whenever I'm trying to edit Moves not in Pokémon games page, I keep getting either a Database error or server error 500.

Is this happening when you try to save the edit, or just access the edit window?

For some reason, whenever I'm trying to edit Moves not in Pokémon games page, I keep getting either a Database error or server error 500.

Is this happening when you try to save the edit, or just access the edit window?

When I'm trying to save the edit, error happens.

I can easily access the edit window and preview. But I can't save.

The article is very likely getting too large to add additional content to, happens sometimes with articles that have heavy template and table use (article is over 500,000 bytes at present). Could you try saving a copy of the article, including your changes, to a location under your userspace? If it's an issue of the content being too expansive, it should also fail to save for you over there too.

Last edited:

When I'm trying to save the edit, error happens.

I can easily access the edit window and preview. But I can't save.

The article is very likely getting too large to add additional content to, happens sometimes with articles that have heavy template and table use (article is over 500,000 bytes at present). Could you try saving a copy of the article, including your changes, to a location under your userspace? If it's an issue of the content being too expansive, it should also fail to save for you over there too.
The article seems way too large to do that, haha.

If that's the case though, can I just have separate pages for each Card series?

Edit: Yep, that fixed the issue. Thanks Kogoro.

Last edited:
Hi, just made this account for the forums because I need help creating an account for the main Bulbapedia. This looked like the correct thread to post this on, if it's not, please direct me to the right place. For some reason there is no CAPTCHA shown on the account creation page, and upon trying to create an account without having a CAPTCHA entered comes up with the message: "Account creation error Incorrect or missing CAPTCHA." Any help would be much appreciated :)
(removed username, email & such from account creation before taking picture)

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    55.5 KB · Views: 9
Hi, just made this account for the forums because I need help creating an account for the main Bulbapedia. This looked like the correct thread to post this on, if it's not, please direct me to the right place. For some reason there is no CAPTCHA shown on the account creation page, and upon trying to create an account without having a CAPTCHA entered comes up with the message: "Account creation error Incorrect or missing CAPTCHA." Any help would be much appreciated :)
(removed username, email & such from account creation before taking picture)
Check to see if you have AdBlock Plus disabled, and see if JavaScript is enabled.

Back
Top Bottom