• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbawiki site issues thread

At the 'Create Account' page, there is no Captcha. Whenever I try to make an accout it says 'Input the Captcha', but there is none.

I sometimes have the same issue when I try to insert a external link. Bypassing the browser cache only solves the problem when I try it a few times in Chrome, Edge and FireFox. I have had this happen a few times.

Follow the instructions in this post, it should remedy the issue for you.
I'm trying to submit a draft for Bulbanews, but a message saying I'm including "new external links" appears, and asks me to input a Captcha (I've tried with and without including external links, unless Bulbapedia links also count as "external"). There isn't any Captcha there, either. I've hard refreshed the page several times already, but the Captcha won't load.

I'm trying to submit a draft for Bulbanews, but a message saying I'm including "new external links" appears, and asks me to input a Captcha (I've tried with and without including external links, unless Bulbapedia links also count as "external"). There isn't any Captcha there, either. I've hard refreshed the page several times already, but the Captcha won't load.

If you can't get the Captcha to appear with hard refreshing, you can try temporarily disabling JavaScript to force a different Captcha version to appear. Or, you can send your draft directly to a Bulbanews staff member via PM or email and they'll submit the article for you, if they feel it's something that should be on Bulbanews .

I've done a quick search and not found any other mention of this but I've been having this problem with multiple computers, internet connections, browsers and devices.

On Bulbapedia, if the browser window is narrow enough to cause the "Latest Pokémon News" section to the right of the page to disappear and the "Notify me about Pokémon Sun & Moon Release Dates" to appear at the top, then the right side of the page is un-clickable, i.e. I can't click links.

I did a bit of poking around and it seems to be the "rightcolbox" sitting transparently on top of right side of the page. When in this narrow page view the rightcolbox has no content and just gets in the way.

This isn't a problem on my home desktop as the monitor is large enough that the Pokémon News is visible but on my laptop or iPad the page is stuck in narrow mode. For my laptop I made a quick UserScript to remove the rightcolbox but I can't do that for my iPad.

Just to prove to myself there is a problem I jumped on Bulbapedia on my work desktop, same problem using Firefox or Opera.

I'm currently having an issue where my Bulbapedia account confirmation email refuses to be sent to me. My email's filtering is only sending spam to a bulk mail folder but it's not even ending up there. I've triple checked to make sure my email is correct and it is. It said the confirmation email was sent over 12 hours ago.

Edit: I just switched to a different email account and it was sent instantly. There may be something my other email isn't telling me.

Currently, I am having issues where I am not logged in, but I actually am, as proved when I click on "Log in", it'll throw up and error screen. This doesn't happen ALL the time, but it happens frequently.

I have a few issues.

I would like to say that Firefox's mobile versions get the desktop site, Mobile view or the m.bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net do not work, and neither does changing the user agent.

This causes occasional crashes on low-memory phones on large pages.

For reference, the user agent strings look kinda like this:
Code:
Mozilla/5.0 (Mobile; rv:##.#) Gecko/##.# Firefox/##.#
Mozilla/5.0 (Tablet;  rv:##.#) Gecko/##.# Firefox/##.#

Please fix this; it makes Bulbapedia difficult to use, but the mobile site still stinks in terms of layout. I know CSS. I would be willing to fix things.

As a side note, this also happens on Bulbagarden.net, but not the forums.

Additionally, another bug report—the Alt text (? or dotted underline text) is unusable for mobile users, as there is no hover.

A third and final bug, I know this has been approached before, but why the heck are we using APNG only? Chrome is, sadly, wildly supported and doesn't support APNG. Neither does IE.

However, there is a JavaScript library, davidmz/apng-canvas (GitHub repos, I am really sure I can't link yet). It supports all modern browsers, and we can give a message to XP/Vista IE users to use FF, and Mac 10.6+ to upgrade OS X (if Safari doesn't support it). That should cover most options.

Is there anyway to get the old mobile wiki layout back? It is unreadable small on my iPhone 5s using Safari.

This started up while I was looking at the wiki on the 6th (as far as I know these issues weren't present for me before this and I'd been using the wiki the night before while playing Leaf Green).

Images on certain pages won't load (example being every character art, anime, and manga, image on Litten's page) and will only load if I click the icon saying the page is trying to load scripts from an insecure site and allow the scripts to run anyway. Not all pages are like this though, for example all of squirtles images are loading just fine. But then for example on Kanto Route 2's page, the images of said route do not load as well as the headbutt icon in the pokemon section, and finally the anime and pokemon origins images will also not load in.

It's not that images aren't there. If I click on them to open them up on their own, they are working just fine. Something seems to be wrong with the coding on the wiki pages themselves that are bringing up the images and not the images themselves.

I'm using Google Chrome, if that helps.

Last edited:
I can't find the search bar anywhere anymore. Even with the new design I used to but opened it today and now it seems to be gone.

EDIT: Turns out I wasn't logged in. Once I did, the website looked normal again.

Last edited:
The server appears to be down at the moment. It appears as if everyone's locked out of their accounts.

Edit #1: Half of Bulbapedia and the Archives are down as well. Dunno about Bulbanews.

Edit #2: Same as above with Bulbanews.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom