• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbawiki site issues thread

I've been getting an Error 503 anytime I try to view a diff for the past several hours. The rest of the site is slow but mostly fine; it seems to be just diffs that are affected.
I've continued to be unable to view any diffs for nearly 48 hours now. Is this related to the maintenance cited above? And if not, are staff looking into this issue too?

EDIT: It's now coming up on 96 hours. I would appreciate a staff response, even if it's as simple as "we're looking into it".

EDIT: A week after my last edit, I see that diffs are now fixed. Thanks!

Last edited:
Was able to edit once more on Monday and yesterday but now the EDIT THIS PAGE thing isn't there

I'm assuming it isn't just me as there have been no signs of edits since earlier this morning

Was able to edit once more on Monday and yesterday but now the EDIT THIS PAGE thing isn't there

I'm assuming it isn't just me as there have been no signs of edits since earlier this morning
From the Bulbagarden Discord, Bulbapedia channel.

upload_2017-11-8_10-42-32.png

Bulbapedia will be unlocked when the staff feel we have an adequate amount of USUM info, it's not getting unlocked so soon. Also, the account creation issue is not because of the edit lock, it's because of technical issues the site is having.

It'll get unlocked when it gets unlocked, have patience. Also, the site is having some technical issues, the staff are aware of this and are looking into it.

That's the third time you've dismissed my message, mikhail2003. I've already said; Bulbapedia will be unlocked when all issues are resolved and we feel that we have sufficient info on USUM. That is no ETA on when that will be. Have patience.

Try to write post anything here mikhail2003, I may have some frustrations too, but I am at least trying to avoid posting unnecessary messages like this to avoid any trouble. You are risking on getting yourself blocked if you keep this up, so please stop posting messages like this.

Hi. This is my first-ever post on Bulbagarden Forums (a long-time user of Bulbapedia, not so much here until now), and I also express my sincerest hopes that Bulbapedia will be unlocked soon, since I have many edits on my personal to-do list. However, watching the messages here has made me understand the situation better, so I won't complain, I just hope that the issues we have are going to be fixed soon. (Last year, Bulbapedia opened for edits at the first of December, but hey, times change.)

Speaking of technical difficulties, I've also noticed some while using Bulbapedia on my mobile device, such as the layout having changed and ads popping up despite being logged in. This does not occur on any "big" computers. I hope this issue will be fixed too.

Also to top it off the search engine when I use my Amazon Fire Tablet does not work, and it is hard just to use the basic functions on the website.

It's very boring when editing of Bulbapedia is currently locked (this time, due to USUM-related server stress) and no estimation of the return to restored editing (unknown period of time) until when the servers allow.

Hurry up, Bulbapedia! Unlock this site! We don't want Bulbapedia to be locked during Christmas!!!! :-(

These technical issues have been going on for over a month now, I'm pretty sure. I sincerely hope that someone is out there, trying to fix these issues from behind the scenes. Please. Fix them soon. This is getting really tiresome.

PS. Sorry if I came up rude. I tried to be as polite as I could with this issue.

Back
Top Bottom