• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbawiki site issues thread

I'm seeing ads while logged in on Bulbapedia on PC (my account there is the same name as my account here).
We're aware of this issue and it's already been reported to our hosts. Will post any updates.

EDIT: Should be resolved now.

Last edited:
I'm seeing ads while logged in on Bulbapedia on PC (my account there is the same name as my account here).

Also, logging in on mobile does nothing to get rid of ads.
I like to use the desktop view on mobile (so I can edit) and I’d see little tiny videos, not sure all the sources but I definitely saw WatchMojo once or twice (definitely a Top 10 Gym Battles one), maybe an IGN once, the others I don’t quite remember or recognize, but are they all tied into the ad thing or is that separate? Because I could see it being a separate issue from the mobile game ads

I’m being continually harassed by admins who block me for following proper standards and procedures on the site. I warned a user on their talkpage about continually adding unconstructive edits. They ignored it, instead continuing to re-add the same unconstructive edits, which I had every right to remove. A few minutes after I added a second message about the insubordination, we both got blocked for edit warring for an equal amount of four days. So what this means is that it doesn’t matter whether I follow the rules or not, I’m going to be blocked. The initial blocking message was a template that didn’t describe the situation at all, essentially not caring for context. Even in my appeal, I showed how the blocking admin cherrypicked their enforcement, ignoring the paragraph about talk page usage. In my actions, I was following staff directive, which I was advised to do two weeks ago. And now, I’m being accused of sockpuppetry with no evidence. Why are the admins so intent on protecting themselves they’ll make up any excuse to hurt others?

I have fully reviewed the circumstances of the recent bans on your account, and I am satisfied that the reasons for these repeated bans have been more than adequately explained by Bulbapedia staff members on the talk page of your most recent account, as viewable at User talk:KnightGalarie - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

Your characterization of your behaviour as "warning" the user whose talk page you posted on demonstrates that you do not properly understand the role of users vs. staff. It is not the role of regular users to "warn" other users for their actions, nor is it the role of regular users to make value judgements over edits being "unconstructive" or not.

In the process of staff discussions about if you should receive a longer ban for your repeated edit warring, evidence was presented to me that you are the user formerly known as Kuki, a user with a permanent ban from Bulbagarden for edit-warring, uncivil behavior, and repeated sockpuppeting. I will not discuss this evidence in public, both for the sake of your own privacy Kuki, but also because I do not intend to let you know exactly how we detected your sock puppet this time.

Well then the evidence is faulty, and I will not be referred to by anyone I am not. Call me KnightGalarie, because that is the only person I have ever been on this website. There is no evidence in the world to prove otherwise, no matter what you think at the current moment. If you were acting that quickly, then the judgment is clearly too rash to be legitimate.

I've been getting this window every time I try to submit an edit. If I refresh the window or click "Send anyway", it will still publish the edit, but I've never seen this before. What's going on here?

Untitled.png

I've been getting this window every time I try to submit an edit. If I refresh the window or click "Send anyway", it will still publish the edit, but I've never seen this before. What's going on here?

Let me guess, you're using Google Chrome Version 87.0.4280.88 (Official Build) (64-bit)?
There seems to be a problem with just this specific version of Chrome. No other browser is reporting this issue. We believe it to be a bug in the browser itself, but we've not identified the specific reason for it.

Let me guess, you're using Google Chrome Version 87.0.4280.88 (Official Build) (64-bit)?
There seems to be a problem with just this specific version of Chrome. No other browser is reporting this issue. We believe it to be a bug in the browser itself, but we've not identified the specific reason for it.
I'm not a huge expert in browsers, but apparently yes. I am using Google Chrome, and if that version is the only one that has a problem, then I assume I'm using that version.

If you would like to try an alternative Chrome-like browser, where this issue will not bother you, I would suggest Vivaldi. It's based on Chromium, just like Chrome, and is compatible with all Chrome extensions.
Actually, it seems the issue has resolved itself. Thanks for the recommendation, though!

Back
Top Bottom