• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbawiki site issues thread

On Weather Ball's page, some of the links are giving me errors when in the format of {{ }}. For example, {{weather|sandstorm}} results in Template:Weather rather than an actual link to the sandstorm page.
I changed them to the bracket format, [[]], which fixed this, however I was reverted by another user and judging by their edit summary they are not having this issue. I was wondering if anyone has a fix for this, thanks.

As noted in the template on top of the site, the wiki is currently undergoing maintenance so editing has been disabled and the site may become inaccessible.

When I enter bulbapedia i get this error:
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

Note up front! I'm not qualified to address such a situation.
But, simple search for that error term turns up a lot of results.

One of the early results:

seems to suggest 4 possible items to fix this issue, including flushing your DNS cache, or restarting your DNS client.

Do you see an error that says DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN while trying to access a website? This error is actually related to your DNS settings, and you can fix it by changing a few DNS options here and there on your computer.

This error usually appears when your browser can’t resolve the DNS for a domain name. The term NXDOMAIN at the end of the error message indicates that the entered domain doesn’t exist.

Here are some of the fixes that you can apply to get rid of this error on your machine.

Note up front! I'm not qualified to address such a situation.
But, simple search for that error term turns up a lot of results.

One of the early results:

seems to suggest 4 possible items to fix this issue, including flushing your DNS cache, or restarting your DNS client.
Thx

Oh great! Editing of Bulbapedia is currently locked again due to maintenance/server stress/server move for an unknown period of time! Please hurry up and have the maintenance done before next weekend!

Oh great! Editing of Bulbapedia is currently locked again due to maintenance/server stress/server move for an unknown period of time! Please hurry up and have the maintenance done before next weekend!
If they could speed it up and weren't doing so for some reason, I don't think they'd do it just because you asked lol. In the meantime, you can always just copy the edits you want to make to a .txt file and put it in when the servers go back up.

The site is slow as all hell, it leads me to a gateway error, Is this a DDos attack? probably not.
No, just site maintenance.

So... need to wait 5 minutes before i can do anything on the site because of the advertisement being in the top of the screen (Covering the search bar).

I understand the site needs advertisment to keep going (Also a reason i turn off my ad-blocker for certain stuff), but this is just annoying.

Anyone else experiences this issue. If not, its a problem at my side.

Haven't been able to receive a confirmation e-mail for my account on the wiki. I tried a different address, but it still doesn't show up, even in spam.

Maintenance seems to be finally over, though, so, awesome!

I Can't log in, and note google has saved my passwords, I've never and would never Show my password, I'm not hacked, what happened?

Back
Top Bottom