• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbawiki site issues thread

Hiya! I've been making a spread sheet that contains hidden abilities for all the mons, and I noticed that the Braviary page says the Hisuain version is Tilted Lens but the Hidden Ability list page says Defiant for it. I believe both of them should be Defiant? Just wanted to point it out!
I can explain.
So basically Hisuian Braviary has Defiant as its Hidden Ability in Generation VIII, which is reflected on the page. This was changed to Tinted Lens in Generation IX, which is reflected on Braviary's page.

I'm noticing that sometimes when I click on an image I get logged out of my 'pedia on the image viewing page.
Thank you for this report. I've just confirmed that it's happening to me, too. I think I know what's causing it, but I'll need to do a bit of testing to identify the exact root cause. What's actually going on isn't that you're getting logged out; you're simply seeing the "logged out version" of the skin. There's checks to make sure that only anonymous users see that version, but one of them must be failing on those pages in particular.

UPDATE: It appears that there may be a bug in the software that is interfering with our checks. I'm following up with MediaWiki devs to see if we can find a solution. This probably won't be resolved quickly, but I will continue to look into it.

SECOND UPDATE: If you manually go into the URL and change it to /w/index.php?title=File:Filename.extension&action=purge, you can purge the cache and see the logged in version again. It appears to be a problem with caching.

Last edited:
Cloudflare connection check is really active today, any particular reason, or is it just being annoying again?
Bulbagarden has been under a low-level DDoS attack since Christmas Eve. The Cloudflare connection check is a bit of a nuclear option, but it was the most effective option we had in the current circumstances.

When toggling "Desktop Site" in Chrome Browsers on Android the Cloudfare page loads but checking the "Verify you are human" box just reloads the page every time and you can't get past the Cloudfare page.

Last edited:
When toggling "Desktop Site" in Chrome Browsers on Android and the Cloudfare page pops up, checking the "Verify you are human" box just reloads every time and you can't get past the Cloudfare page.
Given that the majority of the bot traffic the Cloudflare is blocking is currently falsely presenting itself as Android users with Chrome, that's not a big surprise sadly. If it keeps happening in a loop (as in, it reloads the challenge more than 3 times), then your best option may be to shift to a different browser. We do find that Firefox, both on Desktop and Mobile, is much less likely to trigger the challenges.

The search engine is broken.
As of the time of this post, it's been fixed! Which is great because it's really hard to type exact page titles on a computer which can't type accented "e". Search to your heart's content!

Given that the majority of the bot traffic the Cloudflare is blocking is currently falsely presenting itself as Android users with Chrome, that's not a big surprise sadly. If it keeps happening in a loop (as in, it reloads the challenge more than 3 times), then your best option may be to shift to a different browser. We do find that Firefox, both on Desktop and Mobile, is much less likely to trigger the challenges.
I use a chrome browser for certain extensions. It happens in default chrome on android too though. But I found a workaround by choosing the "Desktop" option on Bulbapedia itself at the bottom of a page, but then in this view no pokemon icons show up. For example on an ability page when it shows all the Pokémon with that ability, every pokemon's icon will be missing and it'll just show their pokedex number like in the attached image.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240115_144105_Kiwi Browser.jpg
    Screenshot_20240115_144105_Kiwi Browser.jpg
    462.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
I'm running into 503 Backend Fetch errors on Bulbapedia. Is something up with the website, or is the issue on my end?
Bulbapedia is currently undergoing an extended maintenance period. It will be down for several hours. We'll keep people updated via social media and our Discord.

I’ve noticed several sites are undergoing maintenance, not just Bulbapedia. Is this in response to the FBI’s warning that China is allegedly planning a massive cyberattack against the United States?

Back
Top Bottom