• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

TEEN: But How Will It Be: A Drabble Collection (COMPLETE!)

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
  2. They/Them
Ok, so maybe they go over the word limit of a drabble sometimes, but anyway...

This was originally a spin off to Pokémon: Heroes and Villains, but then I decided "Nah, let's put these oneshots in the canon verse". (What does canonverse mean? The games? Anime? Manga? Idk, pal. It's whatever verse my headcanons take place in.)

Basically, they're miscellaneous drabbles about Pokémon characters' backstories/childhoods/etc. No overarching theme or anything.

The story as a whole is rated Teen (some are rated Everyone, some may be rated Mature, we'll see) for the following:

Mental Illness (including anxiety, depression, eating disorders, self harm, trauma, and implicit suicide/suicidal ideation)
Substance Use (including alcohol)
Toxic Family
Character Death

Last edited:
First Memory - Winona
  • Staff
First Memory - Winona

Winona's first memory is like fog over a lake: vague in some parts, clear in others.

She was with her father in Fortree Woods. She couldn’t remember every detail (she was five at the time), but she could remember the sense of wonder: the way the trees towered above them, reaching for the skies. They were too massive, too majestic to comprehend.

But perhaps more beautiful were the birds.

Her father named every bird they saw, named what they ate, where they lived. She didn’t remember exactly what he said on that walk, but soon, those facts would become second nature to her. Even long after that trip, she would study the birds of the park, the birds of other parks, the birds of Hoenn, the birds of the world.

Last edited:
Hm, interesting little drabble there. A few observations
  • California? So mixing real world with regions, huh?
  • I have an amusing mental image of the father naming like say, a random tree in the middle of the woods Richard, the hamburgers they ate Bessie and Seka, their house John, etc.
  • Interesting thought of her father being an ornithologist inspiring her to train Flying types.
  • Five at her first memory? That's pretty late, but maybe she has a bad memory.

• Staff
Hm, interesting little drabble there. A few observations
  • California? So mixing real world with regions, huh?
  • I have an amusing mental image of the father naming like say, a random tree in the middle of the woods Richard, the hamburgers they ate Bessie and Seka, their house John, etc.
  • Interesting thought of her father being an ornithologist inspiring her to train Flying types.
  • Five at her first memory? That's pretty late, but maybe she has a bad memory.
First of all, thank you for being the first person to review one of my stories. It means a lot to me :)

- It's a Modern/Real World AU, but with Pokémon having appeared in recent times (Around 2016 or so). The original inspiration was that I've always wanted a Pokémon sitcom/soap opera, and I thought "hey, a lot of those take place in California, so why not put it there? Maybe there can be a Disneyland special lol". The other reasoning was Pokémon Go and wanting to see how things like Field Research and Pokémon being in the real world would play out (sadly, I haven't explored that part much yet, but I really want to in the third chapter. The first two chapters have mostly been Early Installment Weirdness as I've tried to figure what the heck is going on and then hey a real plot came along at the end of Chapter 2.)
Update: So since changing the verse this takes place in, I've removed the references to California and Sequoia National Park. I apologize for changing so abruptly.

- "And this blade of grass? I'll name him Jeffery" (in hindsight, I probably could have worded that sentence better, but hey, live and learn. Also, that is a very amusing mental image).

- Thank you.

- Well, I can't remember anything in my life that happened before kindergarten. Maybe that's just a me thing, though, who knows?

Once again, thank you for the review.

Last edited:
First Memory - Steven
  • Staff
First Memory - Steven

Steven’s first memory is sharp, like a shard of obsidian.

He was rock hunting with his parents. The two had gotten caught up in a business conversation, so Steven busied himself by looking around for rocks. He showed his parents a cool rock he found, and they even stopped their conversation to marvel at it. It was a piece of concrete that had broken off the road, ending up in a drawer in his childhood bedroom when he ran off on his journey. But the smile on his parents’ faces, the pure joy glowing in him, the pride he felt for finding something cool…

Oh, how he misses those days.

Last edited:
First Memory - Wallace
  • Staff
I need to get back to this collection huh...

To be honest, I'm not sure why I decided to continue this series (as an extension to my headcanon blog? I don't know), but hey, I like what I've written so far, let's not let it go to waste.

I'm gonna rate this one as Everyone bordering on Teen for mentions of parental death and trauma. If you think it deserves a different rating, feel free to tell me.

First Memory - Wallace

Wallace’s first memory is, in his words, shrouded in a layer of water whenever he recalls it: blurry and glowing with a pale blue light. He can't make out the details, but he can make out the shadows.

He was at a fountain with his mother—the one in Pearlulu Plaza, Sootopolis City. That's all he can remember. He can't remember what they were doing there—probably watching the Wingulls or making wishes in the fountains. Wallace has never been the best at remembering things, especially things that had happened during his early childhood. If only he could. He can remember the day of his parents’ death so vividly, he can remember the whole month after so vividly, but he can barely remember the memories from when they were alive.

At least he can remember one thing about that day at the fountain: he and his mother were very happy.

Last edited:
So a theme of first memories here, huh? Well let's get back to it.

Steven
- I guess there's a bit of a theme with the opening lines in all of these.
- Like parents like son, I guess. Also how convenient is it their last name is Stone? Bet they changed their last names...
- I have this random mental image of a businessman accosting them at like the volcano or something and just casually talking stocks up there while their kid does whatever
- The feels when they're proud of his first find, even if it's just some chunk of whatever. Also if it was concrete, where were they even going rock hunting?
- The funness of mundane objects being cool. Ah, to be a kid again. I will fully admit to rock hunting myself as a kid.

Wallace
- Well it's a good thing his first memory isn't Misty. Also very flowery way of describing it, just like him.
- Shoutouts to expanding cities. Also a fountain in a city surrounded by hills and water, as if there wasn't enough water already.
- And the gulls flocking around the fountain...
- Funny, I thought Wallace would be a stickler for detail given he's in some canons a coordinator, but I suppose living in the moment is also a very valid way to look at him.
- Well that turned dark in a hurry. No problems with the ending, though it makes me wonder...

While these are very small pieces of drabble, like super duper short, the amount of detail stuffed into them is really high. Like these little bite-sized things, and looking forward to more

• Staff
Steven
  • I guess there's a bit of a theme with the opening lines in all of these.
  • Like parents like son, I guess. Also how convenient is it their last name is Stone? Bet they changed their last names...
  • I have this random mental image of a businessman accosting them at like the volcano or something and just casually talking stocks up there while their kid does whatever
  • The feels when they're proud of his first find, even if it's just some chunk of whatever. Also if it was concrete, where were they even going rock hunting?
  • The funness of mundane objects being cool. Ah, to be a kid again. I will fully admit to rock hunting myself as a kid.
  • We love (rhetorical) anaphora.
  • Hey, it's Pokémon, a world where kids like Brawly grow up to be Fighting type trainers. Makes me wonder if it's fate, their parents forcing them to be trainers of a certain type, or everyone just changing their names.
  • Now I have a mental image of Joseph having a cubicle up on the volcano for the sole purpose of investing in stocks and his kid just goes into the lava and takes a jar of it.
  • My idea while writing was a rock hunting site right next to a concrete road. I remember going to something like that for a field trip once.
  • Such a shame that Steven is now Champion and heir to his dad's company and can't pick up anymore cool pieces of road.
Wallace
  • Well it's a good thing his first memory isn't Misty. Also very flowery way of describing it, just like him.
  • Shoutouts to expanding cities. Also a fountain in a city surrounded by hills and water, as if there wasn't enough water already.
  • And the gulls flocking around the fountain...
  • Funny, I thought Wallace would be a stickler for detail given he's in some canons a coordinator, but I suppose living in the moment is also a very valid way to look at him.
  • Well that turned dark in a hurry. No problems with the ending, though it makes me wonder...
- "Wallace's second memory was Misty telling him to get rid of a bug on the swing set." I try my best to be very flowery with Wallace's words, so I try to get into the "Wallace's only friends as a kid were fish, 19th century authors, and the dictionary, but he's still able to say 'beautiful' every other sentence" mentality.
- One might even say there's...

a superfluous amount of water.

• Sootopolis has everything: Water, Water type Pokémon, and birds that are part Water type.
  • He tries his best to remember every detail of everything. Also, he certainly seems like the type to live in the moment (trying to take in every detail so he doesn't forget).
  • Might I entertain that wonder?
While these are very small pieces of drabble, like super duper short, the amount of detail stuffed into them is really high. Like these little bite-sized things, and looking forward to more
- Glad you like them! I try to stick around 100 or so words (I think that might be the drabble word count), and that's not a whole lot, so every detail has to count. These are some of the shortest things I've ever written, so it's a fun challenge to see what I can come up with.

Home - Winona
  • Staff
This one's a bit longer than the others, but considering the fact that these stories are short enough, it's not like I'm posting something the length of a novel or even a chapter of a novel.

Contains implied Gracefulshipping.

Home - Winona

Winona, like most people in Fortree City, lives in the trees.

Her house has three rooms: the LDK, the bathroom, the bedroom, and the closet. She thinks even that’s more space than she could ever need; her Pokémon sleep in the trees of the city, leaving her as the only one living there (though sometimes Wallace will stay at her place, and sometimes she’ll stay at his, making the number of people living in her house at any given moment 0-2). She doesn’t even bother to decorate the place. There’s a few elaborately decorated boxes of her possessions, and her bed has purple pillows and blankets embroidered with bird motifs, but that’s about as fancy as it gets.

Winona doesn't mind. It’s not like she’s ever in her house. It's hard to even call it a home. It's too big for one person, sure, but it's also paradoxically too small for Winona. Maybe it's the walls.

Her real home is in the skies. Here, she feels free. Here, she feels alive. Here, she feels safe. Maybe that's what home is: freedom, life, and safety.

Last edited:
- Fortree people live in tree forts. And like most people? Wonder what the ones who don't are like...
- Why do I get the mental image all she feels she really needs is one single small room, a la Bender from Futurama?
- Quite the plain setup. Not at all what I was expecting from someone who dresses elegantly like Winona does.
- Too big for one person if that one person is Winona. Shaking my smh...
- Implied claustrophobia? At least a very minor version of it, if she feels safest in a wide open space.
- If only she could grow herself wings...

Woosh, fly, and something. Get the feeling Winona is sort of kooky. A sort of birdbrain, if you will. Although if anyone of the Flying experts is, it'd probably be her. Intruiging stuff.

• Fortree people live in tree forts. And like most people? Wonder what the ones who don't are like...
  • Why do I get the mental image all she feels she really needs is one single small room, a la Bender from Futurama?
  • Quite the plain setup. Not at all what I was expecting from someone who dresses elegantly like Winona does.
  • Too big for one person if that one person is Winona. Shaking my smh...
  • Implied claustrophobia? At least a very minor version of it, if she feels safest in a wide open space.
  • If only she could grow herself wings...
  • In the anime, at least, there are some houses on the ground.
  • Who needs a house when you have the sky, am I right.
  • "You're gonna be wearing clothes in the sky. What do you need a house for if you're gonna be in the sky?"
  • Maybe she should rent out her house.
  • In the original draft, the claustrophobia was a little more, how do I say, darker. There was also a line referring to the "it's not the fall that kills you, it's the sudden change in velocity when you hit the ground". I didn't know how best to rate the latter line (I don't know what specific fear to tag it as—the fear of the ground), and I'm going to be writing enough dark stuff as is, so I toned down a bit on the darkest parts. I could probably add back in both parts and get, at absolute most, a Teen rating. Then again, I haven't yet posted this fic on AO3, and I post on Bulbagarden first to get feedback before posting there.
  • Be careful; now Renaissance Inventor!Winona or Icarus AU Winona is running through my head.
Woosh, fly, and something. Get the feeling Winona is sort of kooky. A sort of birdbrain, if you will. Although if anyone of the Flying experts is, it'd probably be her. Intruiging stuff.
Well, this is the same woman who stood on a transmission tower to feel the wind in her face. Good to know it's intriguing.

Home - Steven
Home - Steven

Steven lives in a simple cottage on the coast of Mossdeep City. It’s smaller, quieter, more peaceful, and (in his opinion) better than his former home, the Stone Estate in Rustboro City.

The cottage is smaller. It’s less intimidating. For some odd reason, it feels more like a home. Steven may be on good terms with his father now, but Stone Estate will never be his home.

There are rocks on display everywhere: in the main room (which serves as his living room, dining room, kitchen, bedroom, parlor, you name it), in the bathroom, in the closet, on the patio, in the basement, everywhere. At times, they’re trophies of his travels. At others, companions at three in the morning when his emotions are getting to him and he feels too guilty to call one of his friends. At still other times, memories of his travels in physical form.

That’s not to say that the place is a mess. Pretty sparse in the decor department, sure, but Steven takes time to make sure it’s clean and tidy. Messes stress him out.

Home - Wallace
Home - Wallace

Wallace lives in a two story house that gives him a beautiful view of the city he has vowed to protect.

It’s a simple blend of Sootopolitan and modernist architecture, with a parlor that draws from Kalosian design. It has two extra bedrooms (being prepared to give weary travelers food and shelter is an obligation in Sootopolitan culture). There’s a small cove outside where his Pokémon swim, and there’s a small indoor pool.

He moved in with Juan when he began his apprenticeship. During college, he would spend the weekends and holidays at his sister’s house. Now, he lives alone, or rather, with his Pokémon. However, there are moments when they’re off in their cove, when he’s left alone. On the one hand, Wallace, as much as he loves the spotlight, can get overwhelmed by being around other people. On the other hand, being alone can be, well, lonely, and also scary.

He considers his house a home, but in all honesty, he extends "home" to include all of Sootopolis City. Sure, it’s the city that put so many expectations on him at such a young age, but it’s the city with the beautiful white and blue buildings, the city with such wonderful people and Pokémon, the city with the stores and libraries and museums he’s known for his whole life, the city that raised him.

Last edited:
Siblings - Winona
CW// Toxic Family. It's nothing too graphic, but just be warned.

Siblings - Winona

Winona has three siblings (by blood), though when people ask, she always says she has two siblings.

It’s not because Theresa is a step sister. It’s not because Theresa is sixteen years older than Winona. It’s not because Theresa is married to the owner of the Hano Grand Resort. No, it’s because of the things Theresa does: insult Winona’s friends, family, and Pokémon; mock Winona for being a Gym Leader and not “a high class, financially and socially important woman”; call her awful, awful names, only to turn around and pretend to be her friend when it benefits her, only to ignore her immediately after.

Well, at least Winona has Bugsy and Anabel. While Bugsy moved to the Johto region a few years ago along with his mother, he and Winona still keep in touch, both as Gym Leaders and as siblings. Anabel still lives in Hoenn, though, so she and Winona are able to spend more time together, whether that be through Saturday mornings at the Well Tempered Pidgey or matches at the Battle Frontier.

As far as she's concerned, this makes Winona the oldest sibling. Like a bird protecting her nest, it's Winona's duty to be the wise one, the one with all the answers, the one who stays calm even in the greatest of storms: against Theresa, against natural terrors, against human and Pokémon terrors.

Last edited:
Siblings - Steven
Siblings - Steven

Steven is an only child. Almost all of his friends have siblings, leaving him to wonder what it’s like to have them.

He was lonely as a child. He couldn’t get along with the kids of his dad’s friends; he was "too weird". Instead, Steven hung out with his rocks. And Beldum.

But Beldum isn’t a sibling. The word doesn’t feel right. Steven doesn’t know who is like a sibling to him, because he doesn’t have any experience with siblings.

Maybe the other Steel type trainers? The Rock type trainers?

He’s looked up the definitions of sibling, from the most technical to the sappiest, most wine mom-ish. No one in his life fits any of the definitions. Sure, he has close friends, friends he would die, kill, and give up his rocks for, but they aren’t like siblings to him.

Well, at least he has a cousin. Joe, his unfriendly rival and near arch nemesis.

Okay catching up. Read all these when out at various times.

Steven Home
- Estranged from the family huh?
- Ahhh a rock collection, had one of those, then I grew up and tastes changed.
- He has literal pet rocks?
- Odd liking rocks and being a neat freak. I imagine he uses Rock Polish a lot? Hue hue hue?

Wallace Home
- I can see Wallace getting foreign architecture commissioned because he's kinda like that
- Anyone who travels to the hard to reach mess that is Sootopolis better have accommodations lined up. From the sounds of it a lot still don't.
- The life of a celebrity can be suffering.
- Home is where the heart is though this guy sees the heart all over the enclosed mess.

Winona Family
- Opening line is a bit off, particularly the part about not considering family.
- Well this person is rude, and being estranged by choice from part of my family myself albeit for much more screwy reasons, still get it
- I'd like to think Winona is high class. Just not head in the clouds and up own ass at the same time.
- Wait what they're all related in your continuity based off purple hair I'm guessing? Weird way to make a link, but unique. Or is it more family in the nonblood sense?
- Guessing the Well tampered Pidgey is a reference?
- Bugsy totes needs the knowledge to counter others. Weird that Anabel would need it though given some of her history.

Steven Family
- Oh my god he does have pet rocks! Real talk tho, get the feeling Steven might not be that well balanced.
- And Steven never thinked to ask frienda what a sibling might be like?
- Somehow him trying to look up it in the dictionary seems too perfect and fitting.
- And Cousin Joe! Getting some spicy lore for the real fic, I'm assuming.

Not much else to say in general, but keep it up.

I don't know how late of a reply this will be considered, but if it's late, my apologies.

Steven Home
  • Estranged from the family huh?
  • Ahhh a rock collection, had one of those, then I grew up and tastes changed.
  • He has literal pet rocks?
  • Odd liking rocks and being a neat freak. I imagine he uses Rock Polish a lot? Hue hue hue?
  • Estranged through his teen years, though things are getting better between him and his dad. The next prompt on my list is "Parents", so we'll see.
  • I have a rock collection somewhere. I know nothing about rocks, other than the fact they're cool.
  • Absolutely
  • hee hee Punny
Wallace Home
  • I can see Wallace getting foreign architecture commissioned because he's kinda like that
  • Anyone who travels to the hard to reach mess that is Sootopolis better have accommodations lined up. From the sounds of it a lot still don't.
  • The life of a celebrity can be suffering.
  • Home is where the heart is though this guy sees the heart all over the enclosed mess.
  • Wallace is the type to also commission random artists to draw his Pokémon because he respects fellow artists and also just because he can.
  • There's probably fancy hotels that capitalize off of people traveling to Sootopolis City, and the people of the city usually let in travelers to stay the night. The question is, in my head, whether or not you're in one of the 40% of houses in the city that has more than two channels (Wallace, sadly, is of the other 60%, meaning he has news and soap operas, both in PokéGreek).
  • The life of a teen-young adult Trainer/Coordinator celebrity can be great suffering.
  • Hey, Sootopolis is super hard to get to, and it gave Wallace a mountain of expectations that took a toll on him (more on that in later chapters), but those buildings are real pretty.
Winona Family
  • Opening line is a bit off, particularly the part about not considering family.
  • Well this person is rude, and being estranged by choice from part of my family myself albeit for much more screwy reasons, still get it
  • I'd like to think Winona is high class. Just not head in the clouds and up own ass at the same time.
  • Wait what they're all related in your continuity based off purple hair I'm guessing? Weird way to make a link, but unique. Or is it more family in the nonblood sense?
  • Guessing the Well tampered Pidgey is a reference?
  • Bugsy totes needs the knowledge to counter others. Weird that Anabel would need it though given some of her history.
  • I was trying to go with the theme of blood relatives and whether or not you can consider them family, but yeah, the wording is a bit strange. I'll try to fix that.
  • As someone who's also estranged from family members for screwy reasons, writing this hit a bit too close to home.
  • In Theresa's eyes, if you can't party and drink all night without working to pay the bills (or if you can but choose not to), then you're a poor, worthless loser. Which means a lot of people are poor, worthless losers, even if they're probably not.
  • My brain sees two characters with the same hair color (or similar other characteristics like a shared interest in X) and goes "what if they were related?" I may tell myself "dude it makes no sense for them to be relate they literally only have one thing in common", but my brain says "do it". (I've seen a few people headcanon Anabel and Winona as siblings or related some other way. Bugsy may be a bit of a stretch, but hey, birds and bugs? Alliteration.)
  • To Bach's The Well Tempered Clavier, so not named after a café or anything, but it sounds cool.
  • Ooh ominous foreshadowing to when I write my separate fic about Anabel disappearing perhaps? Idk. I already have 20 other oneshots I need to finish, but we will see.
Steven Family
  • Oh my god he does have pet rocks! Real talk tho, get the feeling Steven might not be that well balanced.
  • And Steven never thinked to ask frienda what a sibling might be like?
  • Somehow him trying to look up it in the dictionary seems too perfect and fitting.
  • And Cousin Joe! Getting some spicy lore for the real fic, I'm assuming.
  • He needs to get outside more (and caves don't count). Ok but in all serious, In terms of word count for these drabbles, yeah, I need to give him more words (compare the 248 word count of Siblings - Winona to the 155 word count of Siblings - Steven). In terms of Steven talking about rocks, we'll get there.
  • Ya know, he's asked his friends, but Wallace's response was "Sibling? What's a sibling? That might just be one of the most complicated questions you could ask. To define a sibling..." on and on and on for about ten more minutes. Everyone else gave different answers, so Steven got mixed messages. Wallace might have eventually gotten to the point when he was asked the question, but after that, Steven gave up on asking his friends questions like that.
  • He's a very technical man; the Superego to Wallace's Id and Winona's Ego (or should it be the other way around? I've been trying to figure that out).
  • When I first saw Joe in Battle Revolution, my immediate thought was "suit? Hoenn starters? Is this dude somehow related to Steven???" And yeah, I really want to write a story about the Battle Revolution. Maybe it will include Steven and Joe getting in a fist fight, who knows.
Not much else to say in general, but keep it up.
Thank you :)

Last edited:
Siblings - Wallace
Probably gonna rate this one a T for Teen.
CW// Implied Mental Illness/Eating Disorder/Self Harm

Siblings - Wallace

Nicole—Ice type trainer and Coordinator—was already famous, strong, and married by the time Wallace began his journey. She was moreso someone to admire—someone Wallace, in his mind, needed to impress.

Things were rough in Wallace’s early college years, not because of Nicole (in fact, they grew closer, as Wallace stayed at her house during the weekends), but because of almost everything else in his life. He tried his best to hide his problems (and the ways he dealt with those problems) from Nicole; she had enough things on her plate. Nicole gave him unconditional love and acceptance, and Wallace returned the favor by keeping up the facade that everything was okay. He also taught Lisia about Contests while Nicole and her husband, Raphael, were at work. Seeing Wallace and Lisia get along so well was the greatest source of joy in Nicole’s life.

Then Wallace was hospitalized for malnutrition brought on by said ways he dealt with problems. Wallace felt guilty for not being perfect for his sister. Nicole felt guilty for not seeing the warning signs.

Nicole walked by Wallace’s side on the path to recovery (a path Wallace sometimes worries he’s still on, but that’s okay, his therapist tells him). She was there when Wallace returned to Contests. She’s still there by his side, even after all these years. She gives him unconditional love and acceptance, and Wallace returns the favor by being open to her.

Last edited:
Got dragged out to dinner in midst of writing earlier today and had to click in here to check something to make a reference to this in my fic, so figured I'd read this while I was there. That said I was holding drinks in my lap so this isn't point by point.

This is certainly a different angle for Wallace here. Behind the mask of a Champion (?), Gym Leader, and master Coordinator lies someone who still feels in his sister's shadow. And trying to compensate in unhealthy ways to become your ideal person is very much a thing people resort to, sadly. Sometimes the warning signs can be hard to see, or very subtle. But hey, good to see getting along with a sibling who is like him and can support him how she can.

Sorry about the late reply. I had to deal with hot water issues.
Got dragged out to dinner in midst of writing earlier today and had to click in here to check something to make a reference to this in my fic, so figured I'd read this while I was there. That said I was holding drinks in my lap so this isn't point by point.
Hope it was a good dinner, buddy. I once tried typing on my phone while riding in a car while drinking coffee. It did not end well lol.
This is certainly a different angle for Wallace here. Behind the mask of a Champion (?), Gym Leader, and master Coordinator lies someone who still feels in his sister's shadow. And trying to compensate in unhealthy ways to become your ideal person is very much a thing people resort to, sadly. Sometimes the warning signs can be hard to see, or very subtle. But hey, good to see getting along with a sibling who is like him and can support him how she can.
This is probably pre "Steven giving up his position to go looking for rocks", so he doesn't have to be dealing with the Champion position... yet.

In one of the events for Pokémon Masters, Wallace says this:
"Haha, you could say that! In our family, beauty is an ongoing source of rivalry!... In the past, I was always the one trying to catch up to everyone else..."

That—combined with me doing too much analysis into Anime!Wallace, me doing too much analysis into Wallace being Gym Leader and Contest Master and Sootopolitan/religious leader, the mess that was 2018-2021, and this thread—led to the whole "Wallace has a mountain of expectations higher that Rayquaza" interpretation.

As someone who's really close to their siblings, I always like seeing/writing healthy sibling dynamics, and as someone who deals with mental health issues, I can testify that it's always good to have family members to support you.

Thank you for coming by to review this story. I always look forward to your reviews. Sometimes they make me laugh, sometimes they really help improve my work, sometimes it's just nice to know that someone's reading my story and someone cares. It means a lot to me.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom