• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Buy or Pass?

The titular question: Buy or Pass?

• Buy

• Pass

• Still unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.
Passing mostly due to a bunch of other games I'm on the lookout for and comparing it to the other games on my wishlist, Let's Go is doing absolutely nothing to stand out from the crowd.

In fact with so many titles that I'm excited for such as Valkyria Chronicles 4, Spider-Man, the Switch port of The World Ends with You, Diablo III, the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 expansion, Kingdom Hearts III and of course good ol Smash Bros, I'm pretty sure it's staying lost in said crowd for a long time.

I heard that the new trailer was predicted by a post claiming that you could play as gym leaders. Turns out it seems like they are just online battle skins. I was so ready to rethink a lot of my judgement about the games but, damn that was disappointing.

If they had mini campaigns for all the playable important characters that would actually be new and help justify the increased price but, it's something we could do on showdown for years.

Last edited:
100% pass, as I have already gotten sick of Kanto with its constant pandering during Sun and Moon and only worsened by Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, now combined with the fact that taking out key features of what makes Pokemon exciting and lowering the difficulty even more, to the point that you're required to have a Pokemon that's super effective against a gym before taking on said gym really helped with my decision to just not buy it.

I fail to see what you could do as a gym leader that wouldn't get old.

Set up your gym and subordinate trainers to say your Pokemon type is one that would encourage them to pick Pokemon your Pokemon are super-effective against. And then change how true that is every so often just to keep people guessing.

Send trainers off on silly, crazy, insane, or dangerous quests for your own amusement or just because you feel like having a self-care day.

Design, improve on, redesign, and switch up complex puzzles designed to frustrate incoming trainers to no end.

Give out TMs with what moves you want. Let's say the trainer that beat you with skill gets Surf, while the one who beat you through annoying you into submission gets Splash.

The list goes on and on.

I heard that the new trailer was predicted by a post claiming that you could play as gym leaders. Turns out it seems like they are just online battle skins. I was so ready to rethink a lot of my judgement about the games but, damn that was disappointing.

If they had mini campaigns for all the playable important characters that would actually be new and help justify the increadin price but, it's something we could do on showdown for years.
Damn, that would've been awesome.

Well, now that a boatload of Final Fantasy titles are on the way to Switch making my lineup of anticipated games bigger I think I can say that I’m now going to pass on the game as a whole.

Sorry Pikachu, ma boy. But it’s a duvet day until all those other far better *value for money* games come out.

I was pass for a while, but I think it will be comfy and enjoyable. I just preordered the pikachu pokeball bundle and everything. I am at a point in my life now where I can aford to indulge like this and relax, so why not?

I haven't been this excited for a game since ORAS, I'm buying a Pikachu/Pokeball Plus bundle as well as Eevee on release day. Haven't decided which one I want to play first, I was going to go through Pikachu as Red with Red's team, provided this game is a remake/re-imagining and Red and Blue aren't somehow in the game. It seems as if this is a remake and the PC/rival do essentially replace Red and Blue.

So you mean like Memory Link but with actual gameplay. That could work.

Alternatively, the player could just join gym leaders for tag battles.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this has been asked before but for those of you who are passing, did you buy games like Pokken Tournament or Mystery Dungeon?

Also do you have a switch already?

I can personally see not owning a Switch as a strong reason not to bury a certain game but myself personally, I would buy a Switch for this if I didn't already own one. I'm also a reckless spender at the same time :LOL:

I'm not sure if this has been asked before but for those of you who are passing, did you buy games like Pokken Tournament or Mystery Dungeon?

I can personally see not owning a Switch as a strong reason not to bury a certain game but myself personally, I would buy a Switch for this if I didn't already own one. I'm also a reckless spender at the same time :LOL:
Honestly, there are other games that interests me more than many spin-offs/side games in any franchise, not just Pokemon and even though these are considered main games (not core games), I'm still passing since Smash Ultimate just offers so much more to justify 60$ where as the Let's Go games seem to be more barren than a desert with the same price tag (or even $80 if you want the bundle). My clear choice for a 2018 game is obviously Smash.

I've more or less than decided to pass. I have a switch, I'm even looking for more games to get for it. This... Isn't a game for me. Maybe younger me, but I have different interests and priorities now. Didn't buy Pokken for the Wii u or my switch, I'm not super interested in those kinds of fighting games. Mystery dungeon is a series I love, I've bought every entry except Gates to Infinity, that one was bad.

I don't know, aside from a nice graphical style and updated Kanto music, this game just doesn't have anything new to offer me as far as mainline Pokemon games go. When it was revealed, I was actually kinda excited, cuz I would've loved starting with Eevee and playing through an updated Kanto. But nothing's different. I've exhausted basically all the Kanto Pokemon in past playthroughs, and since newer gens don't exist, it's not worth it.

I've more or less than decided to pass. I have a switch, I'm even looking for more games to get for it. This... Isn't a game for me. Maybe younger me, but I have different interests and priorities now. Didn't buy Pokken for the Wii u or my switch, I'm not super interested in those kinds of fighting games. Mystery dungeon is a series I love, I've bought every entry except Gates to Infinity, that one was bad.

I don't know, aside from a nice graphical style and updated Kanto music, this game just doesn't have anything new to offer me as far as mainline Pokemon games go. When it was revealed, I was actually kinda excited, cuz I would've loved starting with Eevee and playing through an updated Kanto. But nothing's different. I've exhausted basically all the Kanto Pokemon in past playthroughs, and since newer gens don't exist, it's not worth it.

I owned Pokken on Wii U but didn't enjoy it enough to get it again on Switch, I'm not that into fighting games either.

I definitely get what you mean about being exhausted by Kanto Pokémon but I think for me the graphical upgrade alone is what would push me to buy this game, and future titles if they do one for each region!

Honestly, there are other games that interests me more than many spin-offs/side games in any franchise, not just Pokemon and even though these are considered main games (not core games), I'm still passing since Smash Ultimate just offers so much more to justify 60$ where as the Let's Go games seem to be more barren than a desert with the same price tag (or even $80 if you want the bundle). My clear choice for a 2018 game is obviously Smash.

So you are buying the one Switch game? I myself and getting AC Odyssy, RDR 2, Smash, PLGE, Hitman 2 and Just Cause 4.

There's many features I don't like about PLGE but I'm always eager to play a new Pokémon game and for me personally, I would get this game over all the others on my list and I'm VERY excited for RDR2 (I even took the launch day off work :LOL: ).

Gonna pass on this so hard people will think I'm part of a relay race. As hard as I pushed for being okay with going back to Kanto I wanted Kanto re-imagined and built up not... made the same again except this time it seems oak doesn't have a grandson. Plus I don't care for the replacement of the meat of the pokemon experience (battling/catching) to be changed to be pokemon go. I don't really see the need to make go's playstyle into a main thing Gamefreak puts out. It makes a good phone game thing and that's about it in my eyes.

I do however like the idea of pokemon in the overworld so long as they respawn quickly after I kick their butts for exp. If they could put that in the real pokemon games that'd be great. Kinda like the battles in DragonQuest XI. It makes finding a specific critter a lot easier. Even if sometimes it's just like a tail or ears poking out of tall grass obscuring the pokemon like in ORAS. Add walking near a bush/under shadows to have a pokemon drop down on you like in Sun and Moon and stuff and that'd just be fantastic concepts for the actual pokemon games.

Yes. It was a yes in the beginning, and it's a yes now. I own a Switch already, and honestly I think the game looks really cute and fun. And for someone who has never actually beat a Kanto game, I'm happy to make this the one I do so in.

That being said, this is the first game that since starting to buy games day 1, I waited a while to preorder it. Something told me to wait, just in case they had a trailer or something that really turned me off from the game. I didn't preorder it till 3 days ago. But, nothing ever made me doubt it, and I think I'll enjoy these games. It will be a good change, and maybe inspire me to finally finish USUM.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom