• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW017: The Wild Child that Hatched From The Egg!

Flying Christi said:
it's just the Town Map ^^

Have we ever seen him with that before? I don't remember ever seeing it before last night's episode.

And that still doesn't address the pajamas part :p

I doubt they'd bring up something like braindamage in Pokemon...seems a little...off

Except that's happened to Larvitar. It was so traumatized with what happened to its egg because it could see out the egg, that it didn't hatch properly.

It's possible the same happened to Scraggy. Though I doubt it would be brain damage as you so bluntly put it, probably more like a traumatic experience, that like Larvitar will probably get over.

Of course there's no guarantee that's what will happen, and they could ignore that and just have Scraggy become less mean as development, but if they do go with the egg tumbling down the hill and almost hitting the rock, as part of its development, I won't be surprised.

Edit:

Have we ever seen him with that before? I don't remember ever seeing it before last night's episode.

Dento used it in BW006, when they were looking for the next closest gym (Shippou City), and they used it again in BW012 before the kids came and threw "mud" at them.

If there's a member of Satoshi's team who would have issues, it'd be Pokabu. Yet, the writers haven't even touched on that since its capture episode.

If there's a member of Satoshi's team who would have issues, it'd be Pokabu. Yet, the writers haven't even touched on that since its capture episode.

But they have touched on it. Every time it loses a battle, it becomes incredibly depressed, moreso than the other pokemon. It takes its own losses hard. Might not be as overt as Chimchar's issues but it's still there.

And that still doesn't address the pajamas part :p

he used it a lot of times...
first was in the end of Episode 6, telling Satoshi that the next gym was in Shippou City
and allso last episode, it was used again to locate Hiun City, who houses the next gym, and may have been used in-between those two times, but those i know from the head.

but yeah... the Pajams thing... i can smell fanart...

I noticed that any Pokemon Ash hatches tend to have issues soon after hatching: Phanpy was shocked by Pikachu, Pantslizard is...Pantslizard, and Larvitar was already messed up before he got its egg. Any eggs belonging to other characters are usually fine, aside from Team Rocket interventions.

more anime Physics for ya, Phanphy=ground, but its almost like subverted in the Anime...

I found this too be an awesome episode, its nice seeing all of Ash's Pokemon interact with each other more. And Zuruggu was just a riot, he is officially my favorite Gen. V Pokemon. Also, I think there's going to be a rivalry between Axew and Zuruggu, maybe even a climactic battle for the 8th badge (if Iris is the gym leader).

more anime Physics for ya, Phanphy=ground, but its almost like subverted in the Anime...
The anime explained it by saying that the newly hatched Phanphy hadn't formed a resistance to electricity yet...iirc. I don't really have a problem with subverting the Ground resistance if it's given a decent reason like that though.

ASH got the Zuruggu afterall???? O_O. So then...what was up with that Kurumiru stuff, and the Megaruoco?? Are the writers now reading our forum posts and doing the opposite of what we all think, lol?

Must say, while I'm glad Iris didn;t go and steal the pokemon in some contrived manner, I'm a little dissapointed that Ash got it, if only that I think Kurumiru would have been a lot cooler. Unless he's going to catch that too, and shelve the bird. Its probably Arty's though. This episode looks interesting, looking forward to seeing it.

What's wrong with the baby Zuruggu? It disboeys Ash how much more when it fully evolved? Ash now has his 6 pokemon, how about that Sandile in the future episode? Does the 6-rule pokemon only applies to Unova Region too?

There was never any compelling evidence, though. All it was doing in those pictures was standing next to Iris looking at her nonchalantly while she was hit by the Water Gun that Oshawott deflected at her. It was never sitting in her hair, and it wasn't any closer to her than Oshawott was.

It was partly because everyone was so convinced that Ash was going to get Sandile at the time, the croc having been consistently merchandised alongside the rest of his Best Wishes team. So it seemed a logicial assumption that Scrag would belong to either Iris or Dent (that, or be a POTD). Interesting how it actually turned out (whether Sandile does have some particularly significant role to play within the series remains to be seen).

Last edited:
Pikachu was overactin' it's role Headbutt was shit. I lol'd at Pikachu's less intense'd Thunderbolt attack I never knew it could focus it's electricity to it's fingertips but hey I shouldnt be suprised it's come out the cheeks n came out the tail n Hoenn Pikachu's Weakbolt reminded me of Yanappu's Peanut Seed yet that lil' attack sent the bastard flyin'. Mamepato came out to meet the newborn n' she got headbutted I dont get why she didnt fight back he oviously had it commin' I wonder if he seriously counts that as "a victory against Mamepato".

Well, Dento made Yanappu's Solarbeam into a weenie beam and that attack originally has much more damaging power than Thunderbolt.

I loved this episode as many others have. Zuruugu headbutting the tree reminded me the painful days of my Crystal gameplay where I spent about a week for Heracross to drop in Azelea Town (which I believe that and route... 35 I think are the starting points of finding the beetle). Denchurra with ElecBall in the wild. Man, I thought I would see that attack when Ash meets Kamitsure at least. Hopefully Pikachu is given time to learn that attack if anime has the idea of Quick Attacking and firing ElecBalls to have it stay at that damaging power. Pin Missile wasn't much different though.

I think I've seen that hairstyle of Jessie's from either the 1st or 2nd series somewhere. Can't remember.

Hope for Zuruugu to show off Moxie, have Hi Jump Kick (Brick Break and Focus Punch I have enough of, but I don't mind Low Kick or Ankle Sweep) and Crunch/Payback to be with it. Of course, being the anime, they'll probably give us Focus Blast plus some random things.

ASH got the Zuruggu afterall???? O_O. So then...what was up with that Kurumiru stuff, and the Megaruoco?? Are the writers now reading our forum posts and doing the opposite of what we all think, lol?
You're using the past tense for something that hasn't happened yet?

What's wrong with the baby Zuruggu? It disboeys Ash how much more when it fully evolved? Ash now has his 6 pokemon, how about that Sandile in the future episode? Does the 6-rule pokemon only applies to Unova Region too?
It isn't said that he's going to catpure it. And even if he does, the same would happen when he caught Krabby, for example, it'd be sent to Oak.

I really liked this episode, Zuruggu's interactions with Ash's team and Kibago were pretty amusing/interesting. Rocket stuff was kinda blah as usual although we got to see a new character. I'm willing to give it more time though.

What a lovely episode.

Like:
  • Ash caught Zuruggu, not Iris
  • Zuruggu vs. Kibago
  • Each of Ash's Pokémon battled against the Denchura
  • Team Rocket's meteorite glowing

Dislike:
  • Iris and Dent didn't do very much

Unlike others, I liked the scene transitions between the group and Team Rocket. I liked seeing the Pokémon eating at sunset, then Team Rocket snooping around at night, then the group getting ready for bed.

Despite Iris and Dent not getting very large roles in this episode, Ash being the only one to use his Pokémon against the Denchura was fitting because it showed Zuruggu that they're its teammates. Speaking of Denchura, I found the glowing eyes to be a nice touch.

The battle between Zuruggu and Kibago was short but realistic. Their sibling rivalry was built up nicely, too. It's a little sad that Iris's Kibago gets to do more than Iris herself, though.

I always find scenes where the Pokémon meet the newest member funny. Mamepato's late reaction was hilarious, and Pokabu sweatdropping when Zuruggu peaked its head around made me crack up. Mijumaru is still as immature as ever (though I loved it), and Tsutarja dominated with its sparkles.

Someone else said that Zuruggu using Headbutt on everything could build into it learning Head Smash. I would enjoy that because it shows from the beginning that attacking with its head is its personal battle style.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom