• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW022: Hiun City! Fushide Panic!!

It made a Gible expression, though I agree, it's not like Gible at all. Gible was actually an interesting character and brought something to the show.

Kibago's a tree ornament. :p

All of that aside, would it have been worse if Iris didn't send out any of her pokemon to herd the Venipede away? If Ash, Cilan, and Trip were doing all of the work, and Iris was doing absolutely nothing? At least Iris is doing something here, at least Axew is doing something here. Over the past 20 episodes, Iris and Axew were comfy on the sidelines, doing absolutely little over a span of a weekly basis. Like it or not, Iris and Axew are getting slightly more focus than what they have been receiving before. Axew is now being used in battles, so I think Iris is comfortable enough with his abilities.

Since Gible was caught within Sinnoh's last 30 episodes, he had a time limit as to when he should perfect his attack. Iris and Axew, however, are present for the entirety of the saga. Should Axew master his attack so quickly, what would come of Iris' quest? Would she do absolutely nothing until her Axew is ready to battle a strong opponent, or if Axew evolves out of nowhere?

In this series, Ash is the main focus. He is the one who is training his pokemon and battling alongside them; it is the progress of HIS pokemon we all care about. Iris is just a throwaway character who will be discarded after the saga ends and will stand as little more than "that girl with the Axew." Iris is not a co-star and barely etches on as a main character. Since her game counterpart has ties to the last gym, the writers may purposely keep her where she is at until we get at that point, and then reveal everything about her at once.

I'm not in a rush, either. I rather let the writers take everything slowly. Even the rivalry between Ash and Paul back in DP rushed very quickly. Ash and Trip's rivalry may not be as profound, but it gets the message across. Trip is insulting Ash's spontaneousity as expected of one from Kanto, and that he believes that someone like him who lives in a technologically advanced place like Unova is much more capable.

All of that aside, it was nice to see that the writers are establishing one of the fine points of this series. When he worked alongside Ash to get the Venipede back to their herd, Trip glanced at Ash and made a small grin, Ash looks back at him, and Trip quickly averts his glance. When Ash offers Trip a battle, Trip refuses him in a way that makes Ash and Pikachu surprised.

And in case nobody noticed, Axew's Dragon Sneeze is purely comical in of itself; quickly scaring away the Venipede while Iris herself is stunned by her pokemon's power. It was the same with Cilan and his Pansage, in which they used Bullet Seed as marbles to trip up the Venipede. Sometimes there needs to be a bit of comic relief in the middle of a serious situation.

Shooti attacked Fushide and Ash jumps in the way to block the attack. Because he's impulsive like that. Seriously, someone needs to tell this kid to stop pulling stunts like this. After watching it for so many years, it starts to grate on ones nerves, but that's just me.
He knows that he'll survive - he's been hit with fire, ice, lightning, died at least twice, and recently, poisoned. He mocks your concepts of "common sense" and "risk of death."

Yep. He just can't use his latent aura powers to punch the shadow ball aside, instead of throwing himself as a target. Well, he's taking the old ER's immortality powers. ^^"

Trip is just diferent from Gary and Paul, but, he isn't exactly better. I'd just like Ash could answer an ofense with more than "NANIIII?!" and teeth grinding. It's just stupid.

These days, every time I see Ash getting hit by a Pokemon attack (especially intentionally), I keep thinking how fortunate it is that Delia doesn't see or hear about like 99% of this. If she had any idea what Ash put himself through over the years, she'd probably have a heart attack on the spot.

When I first saw this on Keyhole, the food I was eating literally fell out my mouth when the bird evolved! I was so happy, because it was soooo unexpected. I must say though, I hope that Ash won't always be one step behind Trip, which is one boring-ass name by the way, I like Shooti better. Looking forward to next week's episode, though.

I was hoping Ash would catch the Venipede he helped. Oh well. It was nice to see another evolution and Shooti again. Also this episode reminded me a lot of that Gliscor/Gligar episode in DP when they were raiding the city and Paul was there.

I was hoping Ash would catch the Venipede he helped.

I sorta agree as it was cute, and endearing, and you could really feel that it was just scared at the beginning, but Ash made him trust him, and after that, Fushide was more confident and even tried to stand up to the Fushide leader. I really liked it as a PotD. Plus, chances to have a real poison type to help on Ash's team.

But, there's two reasons why I don't think it should have.

- Since Ash caught Sewaddle, it would make too many pokémon. It's sad that the bland Sewaddle is prohibiting Ash from catching more interesting and unique pokémon. Really writers... I'm underwhelmed by the move.
- Even if Ash hadn't caught Sewaddle, Ash's other pokémon were not fleshed out enough, so adding a seventh member is just costing everyone in screen time, focus and developpement. Just like what Sewaddle is causing to happen right now.

I sorta agree as it was cute, and endearing, and you could really feel that it was just scared at the beginning, but Ash made him trust him, and after that, Fushide was more confident and even tried to stand up to the Fushide leader. I really liked it as a PotD. Plus, chances to have a real poison type to help on Ash's team.

But, there's two reasons why I don't think it should have.

- Since Ash caught Sewaddle, it would make too many pokémon. It's sad that the bland Sewaddle is prohibiting Ash from catching more interesting and unique pokémon. Really writers... I'm underwhelmed by the move.
- Even if Ash hadn't caught Sewaddle, Ash's other pokémon were not fleshed out enough, so adding a seventh member is just costing everyone in screen time, focus and developpement. Just like what Sewaddle is causing to happen right now.

Why must you bash Kurumiru in every thread? Jesus Christ.

He bashed Jesus Christ?! Oh dear.

*ahem* I just watched this episode recently but didn't bother to say something then. Felt like a recap of that DP's Gligar and Gliscor episode, minus Prof. Araragi and Arti. Venipedes and Toxics/Venoshocks/Sludge Bombs were everywhere. Not to mention the Screeching Venipede the others tried to help. I did like the part where Ash got poisoned by touching the Venipede. At least it's an effort on their part. Trip cooperating was a bit unexpected for me and so was Ash's new Tranquill. Loved how she was all acting buffed before she starts evolving. My only complaint is Air Cutter still got the wrong animation. Same goes for Ash not catching Venipede, but since it's been done since the 1st series... oh well?

Next week is Team Rocket pursuit and Team Plasma's intro. Along with Looker's return. Look forward to the next.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom