• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW022: Hiun City! Fushide Panic!!

Why must you bash Kurumiru in every thread? Jesus Christ.
It's not as much bashing Kurumiru as it is pointing out the obvious. Kurumiru hasn't had anything going for it since its capture episode. And it's not an argument of "it was just captured 4 episodes you can't expect it to have development in that time period." If he wasn't having to juggle so many pokemon already his pokemon other than Mijumaru could actually have some development.

It's not as much bashing Kurumiru as it is pointing out the obvious. Kurumiru hasn't had anything going for it since its capture episode. And it's not an argument of "it was just captured 4 episodes you can't expect it to have development in that time period." If he wasn't having to juggle so many pokemon already his pokemon other than Mijumaru could actually have some development.

I'm so tired of all this Kurumiru vs. Mamepato crap. Like I always tell people just because you want something doesn't mean you should have it. He caught 6 Pokemon for one reason to promote BW a lot. Pikachu, Mijumaru, and Pokabu have gotten nice development and Zuruggu. People act as if these are living creatures. You make development eps people scream "filler filler!" You don't they scream "not enough Character Development!"

If it's a show you're somewhat invested in, it's hardly out of the ordinary for people to expect development. And it's not like in previous generations where he didn't catch every other pokemon the games weren't being advertised by pokemon in other circumstances.

The fact is Sewaddle is being targeted only because it was the last one captured. Outside of its debut episode(which would have been focused on it even if Ash hadn't captured it) it only got 30 seconds of screentime in the Cabernet ep and hasn't been seen since. Unless everyone is pissed because that 30 seconds could have been used for a lot of development for Ash's other pokemon than saying that Sewaddle is stealing screentime isn't a very good arguement.

That being said, I would be fine if Ash captured the Venipede(There is a slight chance it will appear again as the Venipede are still in Castelia City and we know part of the TP/TR showdown takes place there) due to the fact that if it did fully evolve it would have a totally different battling style than Sewaddle. Pidove evolving was expected and I hope it gains a new move soon

Yeah, it is, considering we have a whole thread devoted to capture/evolution/release speculation. Kurumiru wasn't even in this episode.

Don't worry, he does that with Iris as well. :p

Oh I forgot that saying that Iris doesn't get enough screentime and is underdevelopped means bashing. This blog would be a good example of this bashing then?

Seriously, the response to Iris' screen time in this episode is very telling. She and Kibago shake four or five bugs of a building, and that its being hailed as something really major, really goes to show how little the character actually contributes to the series.

Kuri-mist-iris. :\

Does Ash attract the runts of groups? Seriously, this is, like, the...second time. I also like how Ash and co. occasionally befriend outcasts.

So I finally got around to watching the episode (Yeah, I'm late. Sue me why don'tcha?)

and THIS caught my eye....anyone else notice this?
1300933822723.png

I mean, what the hell, animators?

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom