• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW063: Trade Evolution! Chevargo and Agilder!!

Bianca looked kinda like a cheater in this episode. She had a Shelmet which was timid and its fear was making her lose and then she traded it away. That seems like a sleazy way to get rid of your problems. She wasn't forced to trade back by her new pokemon's disobedience it just sort of went away. I guess the point of Shelmet being timid is for contrast with accavier's aggression but if that was the point they shouldn't have made it have problems in battle due to it being timid. Because of its portrayal Bel looks like she ran away from her problem.

Though, the episode was about the Bel learning that you can't keep running away from your problems, since it doesn't solve the problem, and that instead of running away, you need to face them. She did, learned how to better bond with her Pokémon and became a bigger threat to Satoshi. Entertainment and development, I say, "Mission Accomplished" for this episode. :)

Bianca looked kinda like a cheater in this episode. She had a Shelmet which was timid and its fear was making her lose and then she traded it away. That seems like a sleazy way to get rid of your problems. She wasn't forced to trade back by her new pokemon's disobedience it just sort of went away. I guess the point of Shelmet being timid is for contrast with accavier's aggression but if that was the point they shouldn't have made it have problems in battle due to it being timid. Because of its portrayal Bel looks like she ran away from her problem.

Though, the episode was about the Bel learning that you can't keep running away from your problems, since it doesn't solve the problem, and that instead of running away, you need to face them. She did, learned how to better bond with her Pokémon and became a bigger threat to Satoshi. Entertainment and development, I say, "Mission Accomplished" for this episode. :)

NOT really she replaced one problem with another one which was easily solved so no Bel learned jack mission failed.

she replaced one problem with another one

So... the episode is saying that running away from your problems doesn't work, which Bel realises.

which was easily solved

By Bel learning about teamwork in tag battles and about better bonding with her pokémon. It would have failed had Bel just traded Chevargo for another pokémon or released it, but she stuck with it and grew as a trainer. I fail to see the problem in that, if anything, that's exactly what you'd expect out of a journey Animé like this.

she replaced one problem with another one

So... the episode is saying that running away from your problems doesn't work, which Bel realises.

which was easily solved

Having her trade away a pokemon she is having problems with makes her look bad in eyes. If she didn't have any issues with Shelmet it wouldn't make her look like pontz.
By Bel learning about teamwork in tag battles and about better bonding with her pokémon. It would have failed had Bel just traded Chevargo for another pokémon or released it, but she stuck with it and grew as a trainer. I fail to see the problem in that, if anything, that's exactly what you'd expect out of a journey Animé like this.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom