• Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • Hey everyone, if you hadn't heard, information about Sword and Shield has been leaking. Outside of the designated threads in our Current Events section, please keep all unrevealed Pokemon, names, or any other information in spoiler tags. This policy will be in effect until January 3rd. This is an exciting time for Pokémon fans, enjoy yourselves!
  • Recently, some of our fellow Pokémon fan sites have received legal requests to take down leaked Sword and Shield images. We have not received one of these requests yet, but we are taking some preemptive measures to stay on the safe side. We ask that from now until the games release (November 15th) that you do not post any new leaked images anywhere on the forums.

For more information, see this thread

REVIEW: BW 069 "Barrier Breakthrough! Climb The Tower Of The Sky!!" Review Thread

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
Barrier Breakthrough! Climb The Tower Of The Sky!!

Animation - Team Kato
Screenplay - Shōji Yonemura
Storyboard - Ken'ichi Nishida
Assistant director - Hiromasa Amano
Animation director - Izumi Shimura

On the way to Sekka City, Satoshi and his friends bump into Kenyan and find out about the "Festival of the Wishing Bell." In this festival, each contestant parnters up with one of their pokemon and complete a series of contests in the hopes of winning a chance to ring the wishing bell! In the "Borrowed Item Contest," competitors have to hunt for a Thunder Stone. Can Satoshi find the stone without his Pikachu touching it and evolving into Raichu? Later, Iris dresses up like Araragi-Hakase and Dent dresses up like Kamitsure in the "Look-Alike Contest."

i've fallen and cant get up
Reaction score
I thought my body would be ready for Elesa!Dento.

It wasn't.

I'm still shaking from pure ecstasy and euphoria.

Cool cat
Reaction score
It's been months since I've been this excited for a Pokémon episode... it was definitely worth it...

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
There was nothing about this episode that I didn't love. NOTHING.

All of the bara
Reaction score

I was dying that Kenyan had to crossplay Joy...and Sawk as Tabune...

best episode ever

Child of the Atom
Reaction score
This episode... just... awesome and hilarious.

The biggest laugh of the episode was Dent and Yanappu cosplaying as Kamiture and Emonga, it was just hilarious, as was Dent throughout the episode when he did his Dent thing in the beginning and talked about his fishing rod. One of the funniest moments in Pokémon, period. I was worried because we had seen the result in the preview, but that was just a fraction of it. Dageki's face during Kenyan's cosplay segment was also hilarious, as was Kenyan's cosplay itself. I haven't been the biggest fan of Kenyan so far, but that moment redeemed him in my eyes. Satoshi as Adeku was great too. The old guy had his funny moment, and even the CotD kid had some funny scenes. One of the thing that stood out for this episode for me were Yanappu and Dageki's personalities that were just on display and really effective. Both Pokémon were crazy effective and really personable.

Funny episode, really funny episode.

QUEEN NICKI DOMINATE
Reaction score
I really have nothing constructive to say about this episode except

never change dento

Tracey's #1 fangirl
Reaction score
I loved this episode ^-^ Great to see Kenyan get some development finally as well as his Dageki. Them hugging at the end <3333 But yeah, I couldn't stop giggling through out the whole thing.

Poor Dent though... He really did the best cosplaying job but couldn't remember what to say XD

Easy listening
Reaction score
This episode, this episode...

I don't have anything bad to say. XD

Child of the Atom
Reaction score

Yannapmonga >>>>>>>>>>>>> All the Emonga we've seen on the show... combined.

i've fallen and cant get up
Reaction score
show that picture to a person who only plays the games.

tell them it's really elesa.

laugh.

What's a Pokemon?
Reaction score
They passed Joy!Stephan, but didn't pass Elesa!Cilan?

Boo! I call foul!

Don't they know talent when they see it?