• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW071: Steadily Progressing Donamite! Crimgan VS Kirikizan!!

Dogasu

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
Steadily Progressing Donamite! Crimgan VS Kirikizan!!

Animation - Team Kato
Screenplay - Shinzō Fujita
Storyboard - Tetsuo Yajima
Assistant director - Tetsuo Yajima
Animation director - Atsushi Ogata

The Donamite continues with Iris' Doryuuzu facing off against Cabernet's Futachimaru, Langley's Crimgan against Grace's pokemon, and Masaomi's Nageki against Domon's Kojondo!

tumblr_m1a7ck70NN1qbgiw9o1_500.jpg

Oh...

This one was better than I thought it would be, especially Carbarnet vs Iris, which went on for longer than I expected and wasn't too much of a one-sided battle.

Langley vs BW Urara sucked though xD

Bulk Up just gets creepier every episode I swear...

Bel! Stop being a Mustardshipping cockblock! >: |

I enjoyed this episode a lot! Especially the Iris vs Cab battle!

Plus that part when Cab wanted to get revenge on Iris and Langley was like BACK OFF SHE'S MY GIRLFRIEND RIVAL!

Woah. They could have called this episode "Zuruggu Breaks a Rock! Bel Squeezes Kenyan's Gut!?" and it would have been a more relevant title.

I didn't think this one was quite as fun or as well-paced as last week's episode, but I still enjoyed it never the less.
I feel Cabernet should have won her battle against Iris since her tactics were better, but it was a decent fight overall and I'm glad that she's at least being portrayed as a competent trainer.
Bel doesn't seem to have a particularly firm grasp on the concept of personal space, but hey, comic relief is comic relief! I think it's a fun gag, and just the fact she's so casual about it after Kenyan gave her the OK last episode is enough to make me laugh.

I heard Cabernet tell Iris to replace Doryuuzu via the crappy audio, so I'm assuming the rest of the Tasting was shit. :p Can someone confirm?

I fell asleep after then.

Last edited:
"Steadily Progressing" is exactly how I felt about the pacing of this tournament so far. Iris and Burgundy's battle alone took up almost half of the entire episode. The three other battles that were resolved in this episode averaged only thirty seconds each. It's weird to have an episode titled after a battle (Druddigon vs. Bisharp) that is not the main focus of the episode. Even Conkeldurr vs. Emboar, which has been held off until the next episode, took up more of the episode's focus than Georgia's battle.

We got a little progress with Ash's Scraggy training to perfect its newest move, but barely anything as the battles took up the majority of the time in the episode.

323.jpg

Thank you episode. Because of you I'm a full on SpokeShipper \o/ PS: Loved Bianca in this episode.

Haha those gags Bianca pulls are great! She seems to like touching chubby things and muscles, and is attracted to cute things too XD

Well, the Burgundy and Iris battle was decent, I guess, but wow, you lost to the entire main cast. You should go away, Burgundy. At last we see the Dragon Buster in action, taking out Druddigon with no effort. I wonder how Bianca is going to overcome this.

I heard Cabernet tell Iris to replace Doryuuzu via the crappy audio, so I'm assuming the rest of the Tasting was shit. :p Can someone confirm?

So determined to hate Cabernet that you can't even be bothered to finish the episode beyond the first part of her tasting?

why the episode title focuses on KCrimigan and Kirkizan I don't know, cause this was wall about Dewot vs Excadrill!! A decent fight but Dewot should've won! Excadrill got a full frontal water pulse and it was like nothing happened!

queen B is on fire! :D :p

There is something so vulgar about the way the pokemon look when they use Bulk Up. My biggest fear now is that Ash will decide to teach the move to Scraggy.

The battle between Dewott and Excadrill was pretty cool. Two of my favorite pokemon this generation duking it out, and it wasn't nearly as one-sided as some of the other battles. Good times.

You kind of have to feel bad for Trip's Conkeldurr. Have we seen it win a battle since it was a Timburr? I guess it should be grateful that Trip is a more caring trainer than Paul. It'd be back in the wild by now if it was owned by Ash's last rival.

There is something so vulgar about the way the pokemon look when they use Bulk Up. My biggest fear now is that Ash will decide to teach the move to Scraggy.

But, think of how much Kibago would love that! He'd be first in line to touch him, shoving Bel out the way.

Saw the episode live, and I can confirm, Cabernet indeed suggested Iris replace her Doryuuzu for something better.

That said, her 'Tasting Time' was much less annoying than usual, and nowhere near as wordy/fluffy as Dento's are.

Okay, NOW I'm convince that the writers are trying to make up for the hated Don Tournament. It's practically intentional.

Bel...seriously....stay away from the Pokemon just stay away they do not want you touching them inappropriately so much better than the Zorou gag

The battle between Iris and Cabernet was much more entertaining than I thought it'd be, considering the title of the episode. That battle was over so quickly...but Langley is a ~Dragon Buster~ soooo cool dragon battle bro

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom