• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW082: Movie Showdown! Sortie, Isshu Defense Group!!

Dogasu

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
Movie Showdown! Sortie, Isshu Defense Group!!

Animation - Team Kato
Screenplay - Shōji Yonemura
Storyboard - Ken'ichi Nishida
Assistant director - Ken'ichi Nishida
Animation director - Izumi Shimura

Satoshi and his friends have arrived in the port city where the next Gym is located. According to Dent, this town has been used to shoot movies for a really long time. Additionally, a movie-themed amusement park has just been completed there! Suddenly, Satoshi and his friends run into Luke and his Zorroa. The aspiring director was invited to come to the town and take part in the "Movie Concours," a competition where participants have to make their own movies using the same sets and tools. At the request of Luke, Satoshi and his friends decide to help him work on his entry. The main characters are Satoshi, Pikachu, and Charbu of the Isshu Self-Defense Force!

I was kind of amused at how abruptly Jaw's movie ended and how abruptly Luke's movie began. You can't just start / end in the middle of the action, guys!

Also, there is a movie in this universe called "Dirty Haderrier."

It's amazing how quickly movies are made in Pokemon anime world.

I really liked that little nod to the MGM Lion with Zorua at the start of the movie, that was cute.

Ok, two words for this episode that I'm taking from Dogasu... batshit insane. Seriously, there was so much improbable stuff going on here it was actually pretty entertaining:

- First of all, Team Rocket made a cameo appearance. Can anyone translate what they were saying?
- The Bangiras in this episode was fake. Luke's Gobit appeared to evolve into Goloog to fight the mecha, but it was revealed at the end to be Zorua's illusion.
- I see in the Pokemon universe there's a film company using a logo identical to MGM. Does anyone know what Pokemon appeared in place of the lion, I couldn't make it out.
- Luke's Hahakomori made its first appearance since its debut... still didn't do anything useful though.
- Seriously, Jaws' movie lasted for thirty seconds while Luke's lasted for five minutes... and Jaws still expected to win.
- Waruvial becomes the latest Pokemon to make a pointless debut in the show. Guess they're trying to rush through them now.

This was a really fun episode, I hope we get another like it because this episode just showed how many bizzare possibilities there are for amateur Pokemon movies.

It seems Dent is also a "Ham Sommelier" again. I've said it before that if he wasn't already cast as one of Ash's travel companions, then he should have been the series villain. He just fits that role like a glove.

You did it again Cilan, making me laugh.

This episode was awesome though. The Mecha-Tyranitar, Luke was back again, Pignite is back and Stunfisk getting kidnapped for the first time in a movie.

I expected Jaw to run away with Luke's prize or something, but I guess he is a bland rival-of-the-day-for-a-character-of-the-day type.

I'm sorry but this episode did not meet up to my expectations. I was rather bored through out the whole thing honestly. Luke's so-called rival was dull as well. Might as well not have been there as he did nothing. Even Meloetta's introduction was boring. Well can't love them all I guess. But if you're a hardcore movie fan, I'd recommend it for you cause of the references.

It seems Dent is also a "Ham Sommelier" again. I've said it before that if he wasn't already cast as one of Ash's travel companions, then he should have been the series villain. He just fits that role like a glove.

You never know... the show could surprise us and introduce the Dark Trinity.

This episode in one word: Dentilicious

I liked Luke so much better here than I did the first time around and I thought he had a lot of personality and jelled well with Dent and Satoshi. I liked about both of them were just really into the movie and enthusiastic. The movie looked great in the end, I was entertained, can't ask for more.

MGM's Zorua... LOL.

me in the preview thread said:
Lots of Leavanny in sweatshops.
Apparently, one Leavanny with a box of thread, but I'll take it.
1339053253-190735-008.jpg

The little bits of the Team Rocket plot already make me dislike the fact that Meloetta for no real reason can disappear, it's not really that hard to stay hidden if all you need to do is avoid obstacles, so I feel like the plot with Ash will be a bit of a stretch as it's naturally got a fairly good defence against capture.

Ash looks epic in that red suit - Pignite on the other hand looks like an actor who had to squeeze into an old uniform. Still kinda cool though.

Seems odd to me that the Dare Da would be Tyranitar - sure perhaps it's the least familiar Pokemon in the episode to many of the viewers, but I'd have thought they'd stick out with some of the Unova Pokemon a bit longer, Krookodile perhaps? Bit dissapointing that we didn't get to see Krokorok's reaction to Krookodile, but I suppose that was supposed to be Luke's rivalry.

You know how the symbols used are roughly translatable? Does anyone have the time to look at some of the signs and Pokemon footprints to see if there's some easter eggs in some of those?

Seems odd to me that the Dare Da would be Tyranitar - sure perhaps it's the least familiar Pokemon in the episode to many of the viewers, but I'd have thought they'd stick out with some of the Unova Pokemon a bit longer, Krookodile perhaps?

I found it especially weird given that the only Bangiras that appeared in this episode was fake.

Holy crap Dent calm down. I thought he was going fangasum himself to death there for awhile. XD

Also, there is a movie in this universe called "Dirty Haderrier."

That is literally cracking me up. XD Why couldn't we see that one?

- First of all, Team Rocket made a cameo appearance. Can anyone translate what they were saying?

Just looking for the target and all that. But at least we finally get to see them every week again. I've missed the trench coats.

I haven't seen this episode yet, but I just want to say....

gtWhf.jpg
That this is a thing of beauty. So alike in their love for movies.

First time Stunfisk has appeared in two consecutive episode :D

Miss Larvesta and kind of bummed that Luke's Gollet did not evolve into Golurk

Nice to see Boldore, Luke and Zorua in what looks to me like a brilliant episode, can't wait to watch

Uh...wasn't that the Crystal Tower from Movie 3 on display? :0

I LOVED the Zorua MGM lion, so CUTE!!!!

This was a very enjoyable episode, true that Luke is a bit of a bland character, then again, most of the anime characters are bland, but this was a truly fun and enjoyable episode, I'm giving it an 8/10

Also, surprised that Luke's Zorua did not evolve to a Zoroark in this episode, but I'm not dissapointed in that at all (don't really like Zoroark to be honest)

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom