• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW085: Sing, Meloetta! The Melody of Love!!

re: BW 085 "Sing, Meloetta! The Melody of Love!!" Review Thread

@Queen Cynthia;

I must disagree with you about my battle with Iris. I found it to be thoroughly enjoyable and a great way to test her bond with Kibago. As evidenced by her outstanding team in B2W2, she will become a fine trainer, and perhaps a Dragon Master, for sure.

and perhaps a Dragon Master, for sure.

Pffft. She can never equal me.

@Queen Cynthia;

I must disagree with you about my battle with Iris. I found it to be thoroughly enjoyable and a great way to test her bond with Kibago. As evidenced by her outstanding team in B2W2, she will become a fine trainer, and perhaps a Dragon Master, for sure.

WHAT?? Are you even aware of the fact that they simply used Cynthia as a plot device??? The greatest character ever whom I love more than anything else used as a mere plot device to help a little and lazy kid train her Pokemon, something she should do on her own! Sorry, but how in the world can you find THAT enjoyable??
How dare they do something to my Cynthia??

Does Cynthia know how you feel about her?

Because even I, Dragon Master extraordinaire, would be afraid of Cynthia thinking of me as a creepy stalker.

That Garchomp is mean, man.

@Queen Cynthia;

WHAT?? Are you even aware of the fact that they simply used Cynthia as a plot device??? The greatest character ever whom I love more than anything else used as a mere plot device to help a little and lazy kid train her Pokemon, something she should do on her own! Sorry, but how in the world can you find THAT enjoyable??

Plot device: A plot device is an object or character in a story whose sole purpose is to advance the plot of the story.

So, uh, what's wrong with her being used as one?

By definition, everyone who's a regular character is a plot device.

No problem, so long as you don't tell her she's being used as a plot device. In fact, general pro-tip, never tells a lady with a vicious Garchomp you're using her.

Your future descendants will thank you.

First, with Glaceon they gave Cynthia a random Pokemon although she only deserves the most extraordinary ones. So, having the nerve to give the best of all Champions an ordinary Pokemon just because they apparently needed it as a plot device is simply outrageous!

Yeah, cause a pink Gastrodon is oh so awesome and "extraordinary"
If anything, Glaceon is cooler, rarer and overall more "special" than Gastrodon... (which till now was Cynthia's only non-Garchomp Poké seen in the anime)

As evidenced by her outstanding team in B2W2, she will become a fine trainer, and perhaps a Dragon Master, for sure.

You better not use games as proof for anything in the anime, especially Iris-wise...
Iris is totally pathetic currently in the anime and can't even try to compare to her original BW games self, not to mention her new self of BW2 games...

Are you telling Cynthia what to do, Piplup? I'd keep a look out for fins if I were you...

*hums the Jaws theme*

I didn't watch this episode, because by the time the anime starts, it's 1PM PDT.

Anyways, by the sounds of it, Iris has gone from noob, then the writers learned that she was the Unova Champion in Black 2 and White 2, and as a result, she's now unbeatable.

WHAT.

I think its wonderful if Cynthia was "depowered" in BW. It makes it look like she's beatable now, so hopefully when Ash battles her in the Champion league he can win.

Are you telling Cynthia what to do, Piplup? I'd keep a look out for fins if I were you...

*hums the Jaws theme*

Oh... hmm... I... I mean, that's my advice to you, oh your majesty! Please forgive me if I was rude, my queen... but I honestly think you should consider my humble opinion!
W-was that better? *takes one step away from that Garchomp*

Wise boy.

Cynthia can have normal Pokemon too. Im sure has tons of Pokemon. I mean she wasn't always the champion. I'm sure she has like a hundred Pokes at least....

@Queen Cynthia;

Plot device: A plot device is an object or character in a story whose sole purpose is to advance the plot of the story.

So, uh, what's wrong with her being used as one?

By definition, everyone who's a regular character is a plot device.

You simply don't do that to Cynthia. She is much much to precious to be used as, like you phrased it, a "regular character" ... That's lèse majesté!

Lance said:
Does Cynthia know how you feel about her?

Because even I, Dragon Master extraordinaire, would be afraid of Cynthia thinking of me as a creepy stalker.
Believe me, she would definitely understand it because I'm far from being a creepy stalker as you might think but I'm an honest admirer!

@Queen Cynthia;

I may be a Champion, but that doesn't make me better than other characters.

And, I'm not quite sure I understand...

Be honest, I can't be the only one who noticed the camera had a close up on Cynthia's breasts before it panned up to her face, can I?

Be honest, I can't be the only one who noticed the camera had a close up on Cynthia's breasts before it panned up to her face, can I?

*hums, to Jaws theme*
Land-shark
Land-shark Land-shark
Land-shark-land-shark-land-shark-land-shark-land-shark

Having fun, Champions? :p

I was surprised at how much I enjoyed this episode. I thought Meloetta might annoy me, but she was actually pretty cute but Miju needs to learn to control his horny level. I loved the scene when they met up with Shirona- Dent fangirling and Iris idolizing her :') And she had a Glacia! The battle between Kibago and Gaburias was fun to watch, though I expected Gaburias to completely destroy the poor little thing in one hit. At least Kibago learned a new move out of it. The ending was definitely the best part for me, it was so nice to see Hikari and Pochama again :D

No, it's just your sick mind since it was obviously done for the "surprise" effect, you know... Ash was all "can that be...?!"
It's actually a very common thing in TV shows and movies to show a character this way with the intention of not "revealing" who it really is till you actually see their faces (even if it was already spoiled and obvious for us...)
Anyway, in the name of the Queen, Garchomp will punish you!

No, it's just your sick mind since it was obviously done for the "surprise" effect, you know... Ash was all "can that be...?!"
It's actually a very common thing in TV shows and movies to show a character this way with the intention of not "revealing" who it really is till you actually see their faces (even if it was already spoiled and obvious for us...)
Anyway, in the name of the Queen, Garchomp will punish you!

I dunno, the Japanese are talking about it and making screencaps.

I never understood why people found Cynthia bland, I always thought she was awesome.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom