• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW085: Sing, Meloetta! The Melody of Love!!

Hellion

Child of the Atom
Reaction score
[BP]BW085[/BP]: Sing, Meloetta! The Melody of Love!! airdate: 6/21 Review thread

Satoshi and friends meet up with Shirona at an Ice cream shop and as they make their way to catch a plane to East Isshu, they meet the legendary Pokémon Meloetta!

Last edited by a moderator:
re: BW 085 "Sing, Meloetta! The Melody of Love!!" Review Thread

Kickass. Great to see those old faces again.

Nice to see Axew learning something new again. Hopefully it replaces Scratch. (Tepig's Flamethrower replaced Ember, so it can happen)

Damn, I missed the first half...that's what I get for working late. I only saw the second half, which was good anyway.

Lol @ Giga Impact XD ( It looked very cool though ^^ )
Can't wait to see the shitstorm rising.

Last edited:

Yea what was that move Axew Learnt? And how did it survive a Dragon Rush and a Draco Meteor From Garchomp lol.

Fun episode though

Iris wank in 3, 2....

It's nice to see Cynthia again and her obsession with Ice Cream!

And Iris having a crush on idolizing Cynthia was so cute.

but yeah this episode was mostly set up for things to come

Nice episode, although Kibago resisted more than it should have. I'm glad to see Shirona again, she's awesome.

I was all excited to see Dawn and she only appeared at very end for a second XD oh well, that second was more than enough to instantly make me all happy anyway <3
Too bad next week I won't be able to watch it live...
Anyway, so the Glaceon was Cynthia's... I love Cynthia so much <3 her being all serious about the ice cream was just awesome XDDD and I liked how Iris seemed like a Cynthia fan, getting all nervous the moment they saw her and constantly trying to talk to her until she eventually managed to ask her for a battle... Axew did pretty good against Cynthia's Garchomp 0__o I liked how much it wanted to keep battling and even learned Giga Impact (lol at first it almost looked like it's going to evolve...) maybe now Iris will realize it's more than a hair accesorry
TRio are so boring and were such a waste of time... the fact they act like their old self in "Oak's" corner makes it all even more painful... I wish they could just disappear forever and that's it =\
Oshawott was as awesome as it always is
Yeah... not much else to say about this... Cynthia mentioned the Pokémon World Tournament Junior Cup (the long and "complicated" name seemed to confuse Ash, lol XD ) but I'm not sure exactly what she said about it other than that pretty much everyone can enter it or something like that (and that, as we know, the winner gets to battle Alder) which then caused Ash, Iris and Cilan all to announce they'll participate
Can't wait for all next eps <3

Missed a few bits getting dinner, but I least I got home early enough to watch it.

Jeez, Axew sure is Ford tough.

Dawn, are you at Cynthia's villa? If she is...never mind. Nothing suspicious here!

Haha Axew should have been destroyed. If I recall correctly, Pauls' Torterra was beaten by one Brick break from that beast. And yea, was kinda hoping for a little old team rocket personality.

Was also hoping for a Paul mention. Ah well.

Glacia, did not see that coming tbh.

Battle kinda meh, draco meteor after dragon rush and still standing ok.... but I did like kibago scrathing gablias face who didn't do anything to stop it lol.

Fun setup episode. Everyone got some focus, and we got to see Shirona, Hikari and Potchama again! :) I forgot how hilarious Shirona could be. XD

It was really nice to see Shirona again. I didn’t know I missed her character until I saw her! The Iris and Shirona interactions were great. I actually enjoyed the battle between them; it was nice of Shirona to battle Iris. Kibago did a great job.

Seeing Hikari at the end of the episode was the highlight of the episode for me. Overall, I'm happy with the episode. :)

Giga Impact! ? Interesting! Didn't see that coming! Useful move!
Nice intro into BW2!

(the long and "complicated" name seemed to confuse Ash, lol XD )
Kinda to be expected with 5 English words in a row - but I'm sure the dub will faithfully translate that and just make Ash look totally stupid rather than just not that fluent in a foreign language.

I am very very glad at how Iris responds to Cynthia in this episode and is the first real recognition of her dragon master goal in ages. I hope it's a sign of her getting far more serious about it in BW2, even if Garchomp was probably going easy on Axew.

Rest of the episode was fairly procedural, needing to set up the basics for all the plots to come, so in that way it's probably not the best episode to debut the new season on, but hopefully what comes next will be worth it.

Quick Hikari, screw the Junior Cup and make off with Shirona's flat screen tv and jewels. XD

Shirona and Dent made me laugh when they got crazy, so did Mijumaru and Emonga when they were slapping each other silly and I liked seeing Satoshi fired up, but overall, this episode was kinda average for me. It did its job of setting upcoming events and pretty much set the scene, but as an episode, it left me kinda cold, for numerous reasons. First, the whole Meloetta/TR thing was dull slash very dull because no one in that segment was actually personable and entertaining. Iris was a mix bag for me in this episode, as a character, I'm glad that they're carrying the feeling of being invested in what's going on and that they pulled off some interactions between her and Shirona, but wow, tournament coming up, time to do a random powerup of Kibago who hasn't been doing jack since episode 42 without any kind of work or believable progression. Also, wow, Kibago can do what none of Shinji's Pokémon could do, actually withstand more than one hit from Gablias and actually hurt it. Cause we couldn't have Iris totally destroyed, learning that she must actually work with Kibago, train it and then learn moves as a reward. That would imply Iris being flawed in her Dragon Master quest, and we can't have that cause then it might actualy make that whole storyline interesting. LOL, it's kinda laughable at this point how badly they're handling Kibago and Iris' "story", if it can even be called that.

The Iris and Shirona interactions were great. I actually enjoyed the battle between them; it was nice of Shirona to battle Iris. Kibago did a great job.

I agree, and I really hope this is the beginning of Iris starting to take things seriously... I'd also like a more gradual improvement from Axew that comes from actual training, because so far, it randomly pulls new moves out of nowhere in every big battle it participates at like now...

Seeing Hikari at the end of the episode was the highlight of the episode for me.

Totally <3 these two seconds were worth more than the whole actual ep for me <3
Oh god, I did become the DP fanboy Scott wanted me to be...

What did Axew's Giga Impact look like?

Do you guys live in japan!!!!!!!! How the hell did you see the ep?!?!?!?!

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom