• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW 108: Isshu League Conclusion! Lucario VS Pikachu!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it turns out that Kotetsu forgot to bring a sixth Pokémon for the battle. The writers wouldn't do that if they wanted Ash to win.

They're definitely making it seem that Ash has regressed by having him lose to such a scatter-brained trainer. Kotetsu's Pokémon may be strong, but he doesn't use them well.

Whether or not Satoshi has regressed has nothing to do with this episode either.

Whether or not Satoshi has regressed has nothing to do with this episode either.

Lol, him losing at lower position, and being defeated by a trainer using less Pokemon is a part of the episode. So, yes him doing worse IS a part of the episode.

Lol, him losing at lower position, and being defeated by a trainer using less Pokemon is a part of the episode. So, yes him doing worse IS a part of the episode.

First of all, it's not a lower position. As I said, it's pretty much the same one. And you could say the same of being defeated by a trainer using less Pokemon with Tobias, who only used 2 to beat 6. With that logic, then Ash has done better this time :p.

I never said him doing worse isn't part of the episode. But talking about character regression is a completely different topic we already have a thread for.

First of all, it's not a lower position. As I said, it's pretty much the same one. And you could say the same of being defeated by a trainer using less Pokemon with Tobias, who only used 2 to beat 6. With that logic, then Ash has done better this time :p.

There's a big difference in losing to a Darkrai, and Latios, and losing to a Lucario. They're not even comparable. Top 4 =/= Top 8 lol.

There's a big difference in losing to a Darkrai, and Latios, and losing to a Lucario. They're not even comparable. Top 4 =/= Top 8 lol.
Lol, but he battled the same amount of opponents so earned the same ranking, legends or not. In AG he lost to a MEOWTH. :p

I notice you edited out your "the denial here is funny" part.

I knew the anime forums would be a hot mess after this battle

Lol, but he battled the same amount of opponents so earned the same ranking, legends or not. In AG he lost to a MEOWTH. :p

Even though he did, this time he's potentially losing to a trainer using less Pokemon than him, and they aren't legendary. Even though he battled 4 opponents in each league, Top 4 still does not equal Top 8.

I notice you edited out your "the denial here is funny" part.

It was a bit assholish.

Even though he did, this time he's potentially losing to a trainer using less Pokemon than him, add they aren't legendary. Even though he battled 4 opponents in each league, Top 4 still does not equal Top 8.

He still battled the same number of trainers to get that ranking, so he didn't put in any extra work to get where he got in Sinnoh than he did in Unova. Legendaries, Lucario, and such are irrelevant, he solely did the same. And I don't care about league rankings too much, but he battled the same amount to get there.

At this point I'm just ready for this league to be over with, move on to Episode N. I'm hyped from the previews for that.

He still battled the same number of trainers to get that ranking, so he didn't put in any extra work to get where he got in Sinnoh than he did in Unova. Legendaries, Lucario, and such are irrelevant, he solely did the same. And I don't care about league rankings too much, but he battled the same amount to get there..

That was for the sole purpose of making Top 8, not some show of skill.

Ash battled better and stronger trainers in Hoenn and Sinnoh. You cannot tell me that the two random trainers Ash fought for Top 64, or Top 32, were even a challenge.

And at least Tyson was competent, so I don't mind Pikachu losing to Meowth, Kotetsu is beating Ash for the sole purpose of the writers lazy bad writing. Because apparently more writing effort has to be put into the episode following this episode.

I can't help but think if Axew DID NOT get a freaking whole episode to itself DURING the league (break or no break), that this league would've been better. Then Ash could beat Kotetsu and have a fairly decent battle with Virgil (at least an episode).

That was for the sole purpose of making Top 8, not some show of skill.

Ash battled better and stronger trainers in Hoenn and Sinnoh. You cannot tell me that the two random trainers Ash fought for Top 64, or Top 32, were even a challenge.

Opinions=//=Facts

He earned the ranking by battling the same amount of trainers either way. Serperior was haxed and Stephan was plenty powerful. Kotetsu is strutting around with a friggin' Sanzandora and ridiculously power Riolu.

Opinions=//=Facts

Really, I didn't realize Trip, Kotetsu, and Stephan were better than Katie, Morrison, Tyson, Conway, Paul, and Tobias.

That's not how the battles feel to me.

The only exception is Stephan. Trip was HARDLY impressive, since it was 1 on 1 battle Pikachu vs Serperior.

And Kotetsu- Well he's only good because his Pokémon are strong, not because he's a good trainer.

He earned the ranking by battling the same amount of trainers either way.

That is COMPLETELY irrelevant.

It doesn't matter the number of people you battle, the ranking is far more important.

On top of that one battle was entirely skipped, no battle ever outside of this one within the league has ever been skipped. It might be horribly butchered for the last 1-4 seconds of the battle, but not skipped.

Dman, sure, you might not like the league, but does it mean that you have to say that other leagues and rivals are better, even though that's just your opinion? Why not take a break instead of getting mad about almost every upcoming episode lately. You don't have to obviously, I'm just making a sugestion.

Filb Preview.

Anime - Pocket Monsters Best Wishes! Season 2 - Folge 024 – Filb.de

Re: BW108: 決着イッシュリーグ!ピカチュウ対ルカリオ!!

So, If Ash has only Pikachu and Snivy left, and Kotetsu has Lucario and who left! Will Kotetsu reveal his sixth pokemon or not?

Re: BW108: 決着イッシュリーグ!ピカチュウ対ルカリオ!!

So, If Ash has only Pikachu and Snivy left, and Kotetsu has Lucario and who left! Will Kotetsu reveal his sixth pokemon or not?

It's confirmed that he only has 5 on hand for the battle since he thought it would be a 5v5...

If the world ends tomorrow, the preview has left me happy in the knowledge that I'll not be missing out on an epic conclusion to the league

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom