• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW 108: Isshu League Conclusion! Lucario VS Pikachu!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume halfway through the battle Kotetsu will swap out his Lucario to let a previously-unseen Pelipper/Mantine fight Pikachu, let it lose, and then win with Lucario. At least, judging by what his strategy seems to be.

Unless those two wins were to taunt Ash, seeing as he knew Ash stood no chance. In that case, it would be hilarious!

I do get the feeling Pikachu and Lucario will double KO each other. Pikachu will probably defeat Lucario similar to the way it beat Latios.

But Ash will lose, simply because Ash used up all 6 pokemon while Kotetsu technically didn't, even if he only had 5 pokemon. I bet you next week this is what will happen.

I actually could see Ash losing on that technicality, even though Pikachu tying with Lucario doesn't sound nearly as impressive as tying with Latios and I'd honestly rather see Lucario win just because the idea of Ash losing the league to a Lucario sounds so awesome to me.

Lucario's voice is quite cute, I like the way it sounds so premature which makes me think of Riolu and how he just evolved and gained the ability to use Aura. Hopefully Vacuum Wave or Force Palm got ditched for Aura Sphere, that would give Lucario Copycat(Badass move ftw XD), Aura Sphere, Circle Throw, and Force Palm/Vacuum Wave. V-Wave is a bit generic, but it's fairly underused move. Circle Throw is used on Pikachu in the preview so we know that stays. Force Palm and Vacuum leaving in favor of no moves wouldn't be too bad either. As long as Copycat and Circle Throw stay since those two moves are unseen and actually look pretty good being used by Riolu and Lucario. I wonder if Tsutarja will get immediately knocked out by Lucario, she seems to be putting up a fight and Leaf Blade looks like it's overflowing with power and she's being thrown like a rag toy by Lucario's pure power. This episode looks like a large portion will be spent on the battle, again I know Lucario advertisement is important but having half of the full battle last episode and the next half this episode wouldn't have been bad at all.

No matter what happens, we all know that this episode will include a large order of bullshit with a rushed side dish of crapiness and whatthefuckery. Thank fucking goodness this isn't coming till January 10th. That Christmas break couldn't have been timed better...

The final of Satoshi vs Kotetsu looks a lot better than the start, even though there will be only three Pokémon used.

Love Lucario swinging Tsutarja around on her vines. Lucario looks awesome and he was awesome enough as a Riolu.

January 10th, huh. Well, I guess I'm in store for an early birthday present of the shittiest caliber. :p And yet it will be welcomed because it sounds like all of us just want this League to end already.

I wonder if it's just a coincidence of poor timing/planning that all the crappy tournaments of BW (i.e. all but one of them) get. Don Battle, Junior Cup, and now this all get even more unbearable as these long-ass breaks keep breaking in between the arcs and prolonging the dread and misery because WHY WON'T THEY END...

I don't know why more battles are being skipped and rushed in the current leagues these days. It wasn't like that back then.

Honestly with the N arc coming up I could care less about the league. If Kotetsu does beat Satoshi or well. However considering he makes Satoshi look like a genius it would be kinda sad

I think Ash Vs. Kotetsu will go all the way up to the first commercial break, so the first 10 minutes of the ep.

The next 5 minutes will probably be Kotetsu Vs. Virgil and minor stuff thrown about. The last 5 minutes will be the closing and the rivals all saying farewell to each other, perhaps forever.

Man I can see the finals being Camoron vs someone else.

Camoron thought it was only a 3v3 while the other guy bought 6. He still wins.

So looking back at some posts from the previous episode, people are bothered about the possibility of Kotetsu defeating Satoshi in this episode after making such dumb errors. The basis for it seems to be that Kotetsu will be rewarded for his mistakes, however let me just say that's not the case. What will happen is Kotetsu will pull through despite those errors, so he will basically be rewarded for being able to 'fix' those mistakes. Kotetsu winning would not make Satoshi look bad.

What will happen is Kotetsu will pull through despite those errors, so he will basically be rewarded for being able to 'fix' those mistakes.

That depends on your stance with "mid-battle evolutions", and if one considers that a "fix". Since that will be the reason Kotetsu wins here, if he does. I think we know by know, Ash himself has been criticized, rather than praised, for winning because his Pokemon would evolve mid-battle.

Last edited:
I don't mean fixing as the literal sense, I mean Kotetsu being able to pull through despite all those flaws.

I realized Kotetsu only falls into problems when there's nobody around to tell him that he made a mistake.

Last edited:
I realized Kotetsu only falls into problems when there's nobody around to tell him that he made a mistake.
Uhm, come to think about it, I wonder what would be of Satoshi if he traveled alone all this time. o___o

Uhm, come to think about it, I wonder what would be of Satoshi if he traveled alone all this time. o___o
Maybe the reason he's considerably dumber since the beginning of BW is because Takeshi no longer explains every single thing to him XD

Maybe the reason he's considerably dumber since the beginning of BW is because Takeshi no longer explains every single thing to him XD

Agreed, and that kinda mean Dento failed to do his job well.

Why do I think Ash will lose? Let's recap previous league bouts where Pikachu was his last standing Pokemon and in the end it lost causing Ash to be disqualified from a league:

Tyson in the Hoenn League; Meowth and Pikachu's final moves on each other were Iron Tail. Both fell to the ground and got up. Pikachu was the first to fall (almost won because Meowth knew how to stand on 2 legs and had those boots for extra support) and Ash loses

Tobias in Sinnoh League; Alright Volt Tackle/Iron Tail collision with Latios' Luster Purge, huge explosion and both Pokemon are knocked out. Ash loses due to having 6 of his team fainted and his opponent only having 2.

With that being said let's elaborate: Pikachu is the last standing Pokemon, it and its opponent fire off attacks that collide/explode and after the smoke clears they stare each other down and faint OR both or one or the other is knocked out.

In this case it seems to be based on the preview Aura Sphere vs. Electro Ball. I wager both moves cause a huge explosion and both are standing and Pikachu faints.

However my main concern is that Cameron has only 5 Pokemon even though its 6 on 6 because he thought it was 5, if it is a tie who will win? Seriously, I'm very confused you'd think the refs would take into consideration that even though Ash lost all 6 the call of the winner would be reconsidered in this case. Though I guess because the rules state that the first trainer to lose all 6 Pokemon is the winner??

Either way, I am eager to see how this turns out but regardless I don't think Ash is going to win the league. Overall, I don't see why the writers want to drag this out til Jan because I'm really not that hyped over it to be honest. I just want them to move on to the next adventure. Hopefully to clean up this mess called Best Wishes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom