• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW 108: Isshu League Conclusion! Lucario VS Pikachu!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
quarterfinals AGAIN!!!!!!!!!
Yeah its like Spain Football team. Oh wait this was 4 years ago
Back on topic I must say this is unbereable why not cancelling the league and leave it after N saga seriously this is worst league ever (The best for me its Sinoh and Johto).Even the magazine thought ash was going to win. EVEN THE MAGAZINE
I agree with you, this is just an utter embarassment of a league, only Natural Harmonia Gropius can save us now.
Like I said earlier, this is the Maylene Gym battle, but in reverse, and at the league.
You're right on that, in fact if it wasn't for the fact that N will appear i would ragequit the anime already

You're right on that, in fact if it wasn't for the fact that N will appear i would ragequit the anime already

N does not have so much influence to me, but he is definately an interesting character.
The main reason that kept me to the show is that I am waiting for Snivy's background story.

I am thinking about Gen 6 now, I'll watch the first 10 episode, look through the Pokedex. If there is no Pokemon with interesting characteristic or the overall design is worse than Gen 5, I'll quit the Anime completely.

Last edited:
Lucario vs. Pikachu, that says it all everyone, this battle is the Maylene Gym battle from DP in reverse, which also means that Ash isn't going to face Virgil and his Eevee army at all, but losing to a Lucario is just as bad as losing to an Eevee, because both are two of the most overrated Pokemon in the fandom.

...What

So, in other words, Ash loses to Kotetsu? Or does he beat Kotetsu and then loses to Virgil at the end...?

This is really shitty. We'll only get to see Ash battle three real battles, with one of them being a 1v1 at that.

I agree with you, almost every tournament has been a 1 on 1 tournament, I personally find it an excuse for the writers to not give Trip an actuall team, but have his only Pokemon seen be an overpowered garden hose that he passes off as a "Serperior". It's like it's illegal to have 6 on 6 tournament battles in Unova.

quarterfinals AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

Yeah its like Spain Football team. Oh wait this was 4 years ago
Back on topic I must say this is unbereable why not cancelling the league and leave it after N saga seriously this is worst league ever (The best for me its Sinoh and Johto).

Even the magazine thought ash was going to win.
EVEN THE MAGAZINE

I agree with you, this is just an utter embarassment of a league, only Natural Harmonia Gropius can save us now.

WORST NEWS ever!
I couldn't believe Ash lose the league like that, its pretty bad written for me.
Ash has fought any of those Pokemon already, and he did beat Maylene's Lucario, and losing to Kotetsu's Lucario kinda means that his skill has indeed dropped since the start of BW. (Or it is commonly called as character reset)

We lets see how they handle N Plasma Dan and the Return of Team Rocket
Like I said earlier, this is the Maylene Gym battle, but in reverse, and at the league.

We lets see how they handle N Plasma Dan and the Return of Team Rocket to see if this saga is saved but if they dont know how to carry that someone must think if its logic to make an Anime Series of Gen 6.(Or renew charachters COUGH COUGH).

I really dislike how in BW the happiness based evolutions have occurred mid battle just like a levelling up one (see also Leavanny). The way they showed the flashback of Virgil's Umbreon evolving to help light the way is probably the only example of one being done right in BW.

The differing ways of evolving Pokemon is something that I like being highlighted, but they haven't been focused on very well at all - even the episode dedicated to the Karrablast/Shelmet trade evolution was poorly handled in highlighting its uniqueness, it was just made out to be a plain old trade evolution. If characters are going to be given these Pokemon that evolve in unique ways, they really need to pay attention and make sure that their evolutions are special when they occur.

That said, considering Ash got to the league with a tonne of undeserved Gym victories on the back of mid-battle evolutions, I have negative-20 sympathy for him in this situation.

Relevant,
less yay at Kotetsu - if Ash loses to him, it would be like if Richie lost after waiting for Ash. Ash is too nice for his own good.

It could still be like this: The whole Lucario VS Pikachu battle takes place in the first 5 minutes of the episode, after that Satoshi looses to Virgil in the second half/rest of the episode. Misleading episode titles are pretty common in Pokémon after all. Crecelia vs. Darkrai!, anyone?

Yeah, I'm leaning towards this too.

I'd say that it'd be like May's Kanto Grand Festival entry. She beat Drew in a battle that took up like half of the episode, then afterwards we got to see a 1/2 minute battle between her and Soledad were she was just about to lose. This could be the case here too, with the writers going to the scene where Ash and Virgil only has one Pokémon left each. Even though that'd be kinda sucky too, it'd still be better than having Ash lose to Kotetsu.

OF ALL THE ..... This upcoming Team Plasma arc better be good enough to win an EMMY or Annie award...because if this lucario Is KOTETSU's and Ash loses then i will lose A LOT of what little respect for the anime i already have left... Even though it isnt confirmed that ash will lose to kotetsu i would rather see ash lose to someone such as Virgil or a random leauge COTD. this leauge has be by far the worst in my thoughts so far. And if that lucario is kotetsu's and he beats ash then i will say that Lucario defeated Ash. Not Kotetsu. ugh only time will tell on this episode

Even though that'd be kinda sucky too, it'd still be better than having Ash lose to Kotetsu.
No, it wouldn't be. We don't need to see Pikachu take down half of Kotetsu's team just so we can get a glimpse of Ash losing to Virgil.

Even though that'd be kinda sucky too, it'd still be better than having Ash lose to Kotetsu.
No, it wouldn't be. We don't need to see Pikachu take down half of Kotetsu's team just so we can get a glimpse of Ash losing to Virgil.

Agreed. Having Ash lose to Virgil in a 6 v 6 in less than one episode, even if it were only showing their last few pokemon, would be an even more retarded and pathetic way of ending the league than having Ash lose to Kotetsu

Is there any proof that Satoshi loses to Kotetsu? He wins in the magazine scan, which has been accurate so far (to my knowledge). The title could simply mean that the Unova League is nearing its conclusion.

Agreed. Having Ash lose to Virgil in a 6 v 6 in less than one episode, even if it were only showing their last few pokemon, would be an even more retarded and pathetic way of ending the league than having Ash lose to Kotetsu

This is Best Wishes though, "retarded and pathetic" things are this saga's MO.

I mean after all, we had an episode during the league about Axew getting lost AGAIN, and Oshawott dicking around...that was completely and utterly pointless.

Is there any proof that Satoshi loses to Kotetsu? He wins in the magazine scan, which has been accurate so far (to my knowledge). The title could simply mean that the Unova League is nearing its conclusion.

I think that "win" was Kotetsu thinking it was a 3 v 3 (Kotetsu's kinda dumb), and then Ash stops the match and explains it to him and so they carry on, at which point Kotetsu busts out Hydreigon and begins to wreck Ash's shit

The title does not suggest nearing, it is the end of the league, which ultimately means Ash lost. (If Ash wins against Kotetsu, there should be a long battle with Virgil, which is impossible to complete in 1 episode)

Whoever he lost to doesn't matter, it is still badly written

Last edited:
I refuse to believe this, and so I'm denying in in a way:

A) We've had titles in the past that hint towards tournament endings earlier than they have.

B) They might do a rushed 6-6 battle after They finish off Kotetsu.

C) Maybe Virgil has a Lucario?

D) It looked like we saw Ash winning earlier.

E) Maybe N breaks in?

In my opinion, it'd be better. I'd much more prefer seeing Ash lose to Virgil than Kotetsu, and since his battle against Kotetsu is the only 6v6 battle we'll see I'd much rather prefer seeing Ash win it than losing it.

If Ash loses to Kotetsu; it's going to be hard, even for Series N, to stop Best Wishes being the worst sage ever. AG and DP already have it beat, the OS will soon be better; better gym battles, better distribution of screentime and many etc!

In my opinion, it'd be better. I'd much more prefer seeing Ash lose to Virgil than Kotetsu, and since his battle against Kotetsu is the only 6v6 battle we'll see I'd much rather prefer seeing Ash win it than losing it.
The two scenarios are so bad that I really don't want to argue about which one is worse. But in my opinion, having the protagonist lose quickly without any explanation is the laziest kind of writing; even Ash vs. Tobias got a full episode. I'd much rather see Virgil demolish Kotetsu.

I bet that some people will continue to maintain that Ash can still win the league due to rushed battles. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I have to agree, while I also detest Kotetsu being the one to take out Ash I'd hate it more if he lost in a quick match to Virgil and his Eevees.

Either way, I'm not happy with this, but then again the league has proven to be a major disappointment since the confirmation of Trip being 1 on 1 so why should I be surprised.

Screenplay: Shinzō Fujita
Storyboard: Yūji Asada
Assistant director: Yūji Asada
Animation director: Masaaki Iwane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom