• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW 108: Isshu League Conclusion! Lucario VS Pikachu!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Things why I'm dissapointed:
-Because Ash uses only 11 pokemon through the league. In Sinnoh Ash used 19 Pokemon, for example.
-Because the leagues to be vey rushed.
-Because we see skipped 2 of Ash battles.
-That Virgil gets ignored in the league. At least I hope that the excuse was believable

Things that I'm fine and/or I like:
-Ash losing to Kotetsu. For me, Kotetsu is a trainer like Virgil, Trip, Stephan that adds unpredictability to the plot.
-Ash getting Top 8. Sorry, but we forget that BW was a "reset". I need to remember that past accompliments doesn0t count in the BW saga.
-The animation that looks bright than ever.
-The rivals' interactions are way better than Sinnoh.

I think that Ash vs Kotetsu will be a very good battle. Other thing is the league himself.

Except BW isn't some sort of reset, and there's no reason to think he'll lose this battle.

and there's no reason to think he'll lose this battle.
Of course there is. This is the last league episode and there is no real point to shoving a rushed battle into this episode.

Why not? The league is all about rushed battles. Satoshi and Kotestu can be the first half, and Satoshi's loss can be the second half.

Why not? The league is all about rushed battles. Satoshi and Kotestu can be the first half, and Satoshi's loss can be the second half.
Ash has never lost that badly; even the battle against Tobias warranted a full episode. Anyway, you're free to think that he won't lose to Kotetsu, but it is silly to deny that there is a strong possibility he will.

First of all, I'm so happy to see that Ash will be battling and quite possibly losing to Lucario. Since that's my favorite Pokemon of all, that just makes me immensely happy right from the start. Based on the title and the other preview information we've gotten, it does look like he will lose to Kotetsu and he only gets to the Top 8. That totally works for me since after how he's been winning Gym battles this series, I didn't like the idea of Ash getting to the Top 4 again and all things considered, the Top 8 is a good rank. Plus, even without factoring in Ash's skills, I still think that they would have had to give him a lower rank at some point.

Anyway, I am surprised that he isn't battling Virgil. Everything about him screamed the League rival that Ash meets before or during the League who ends up defeating him. It does sound possible that they would rush a battle between Ash and Virgil in the last half of the episode, but I really doubt that. I don't think that they would skip through most of a full battle, especially Ash's last battle in the Unova League, but given how they've handled the league so far, I could unfortunately see that as a possibility. I just hope that they don't go that route since losing to Kotetsu sounds a lot more satisfying to me just due to involving Lucario and the fact that we'd be able to see the whole match. Only seeing an extremely rushed version of Ash vs. Virgil would be so much worse and a much less satisfying way to end the Unova League.

I agree that Ash's loss is Karma getting back at him for winning so many battls with mid battle evolutions. Now he can lose the league when his opponent does it to him.

I quite honestly couldn't care less that hes losing to Kotetsu, just glad that this will all come to an end soon. Ash didn't deserve to win this league nor did he even deserve to reach a higher spot than top 8. I agree that this has been the most underwhelming league, but thats how Best Wishes was from the start.

Kinda sad that Virgil's existence is nothing more than Eevee merchandising, I mean even past league rivals like him introduced "something" worth seeing and advertising, like a next gen Pokemon. I like the Eeveelutions and all, but all that was kinda excessive IMO. No need nor want to see Ash take on and lose to Eeveelutions, just get it over with so the next saga can begin pronto please. I hope the 2 week break gives the writers some clarification on how bad Best Wishes was.

Ash in the Top 8 is actually decent, since it's still pretty high + the fact he didn't use his older Pokémon and instead used his Unova Pokémon instead is already pretty high for a Top 8, like Hoenn.

I actually hope Lucario wins from Pikachu since 1: Lucario rocks and 2: Pikachu needs to get downgraded in the league right now since I think it's pretty overused.

And I don't mind Kotetsu winning at all, as long it's a nice and fair battle.

The worst part is Kotetsu is the only person in the entire league dumber than Ash. If not for his Riolu he probably would have died already just trying to put on his clothes in the morning.

To be honest, I don't really care if Ash doesn't get to battle Virgil. I mean, Virgil's team is so unbelievably terrible that I can't imagine them being able to make a good battle out of it anyway, in half an episode no less. So whether or not Ash get's to partake in the Shadow Ball fest that the Virgil battle would be really doesn't matter to me. If the Kotetsu battle gets a good conclusion, I'll be satisfied.

The question on my mind is, who actually does win? I could see Kotetsu vs Virgil going either way, but then that fat kid with the wizard family strikes me as a contender as well.

Amazing how much BS the writers can put into a series. Still, I guess Pikachu losing to Lucario is way cooler than him losing to a stupid Eevee (as much as I like eevee). Lucario, at least, is badass.

The worst part is Kotetsu is the only person in the entire league dumber than Ash. If not for his Riolu he probably would have died already just trying to put on his clothes in the morning.

The worst part is Ash's story in Unova has been done horribly. He's now a worse trainer with a weaker pokemon team, his rivalries this saga were meaningless and went nowhere, and Ash getting a worse rank destroys the illusion of progression he had in the series up till now.

The writers managed to ruin 13 years of development within the span of a 2 year crappy series. And to think I liked Best Wishes for a while.

To think I was hyped up for the next episodes. What the writers had in mind, srsly... >__>

Okay I think this might be the writers view point.

Ash started off in the Original Series as a complete moron who some how managed to get far in the pokemon league as an underdog.
Problem is he isn't one anymore so it's only fitting for a new underdog, Koetsu to take his place by defeating him.

So I'm not actually angry about this.

It was pretty obvious the league was going to be shit from the start, if the nature of the rest of BW is any indication. But lowering Ash's, rank is kinda sad. I guess even the writers knew they altered his development into something horrible this season, so made the league laughably bad too.

Ash's team looks to be getting heavily shafted in favor of Pikachu screen hogging.

Last edited:
I have another clue to give us hope for Ash winning the 4th place in the Unova League. Let's check Ash's previous defeats in other Leagues:
+ In Kanto: Charizard refused to battle.
+ In Johto: Charizard lost against Blaziken. Before him, Blaziken had defeated Bayleef without any difficulties.
+ In Hoenn: Pikachu lost against Tyson's Meowth. Before that, Pikachu had some difficulties to finally defeat Metagross (who defeated Swellow and Grovyle); then it has to battle against a fresh Meowth without any damage.
+ In Sinnoh: Darkrai defeated Heracross, Torkoal and Gible. Sceptile finally defeated Darkrai, but then it was Latios' turn. Latios defeated Sceptile and Swellow. The last battle was Latios vs Pikachu, with both Pokemon knocked out. Since Tobias still had 4 Pokemon, victory was his.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say, as far as we know, Riolu/Lucario battle against at least 3 of Ash's Pokemon: Unfezant, Snivy and Pikachu. If Riolu/Lucario has taken enough damage from his previous battles, there's still a chance for Pikachu to win. Then just like with Ritchie, we only see short clips of Ash vs Virgil, with Ash losing at the end. Making Ash losing in his first Full Battle in Unova League is not worthy. Something tells me Virgil could win the tournament.

Well, opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom