• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW 108: Isshu League Conclusion! Lucario VS Pikachu!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just when I thought this episode couldn't get any worse, it turns out Kotetsu has 5 Pokemon. At least he has some powerful Pokemon in his team, not gimmicky ones (except Lucario, of course).
I get the feeling that the writers unintentionally made BW Ash even more scatterbrained than Kotetsu - he doesn't even bother to create a decent team.

Kotetsu's only using five Pokemon in the battle because he's that scatterbrained? And Ash is still losing? This is kind of like Roxie all over again.

This is the worst league ever. Period. Ash's 'mons from this series had better develop more later in Season N.

Kotetsu's only using five Pokemon in the battle because he's that scatterbrained? And Ash is still losing? This is kind of like Roxie all over again.

The writers ultimately decide how powerful Ash's pokemon are in the face of certain opponents. Kotetsu's Riolu was strong enough to take down an Emboar and a Gigalith all by itself before it evolved, and now it got stronger since the evolution took place. Pikachu was also exhausted battling Samurott and Swanna, so I am not surprised that he will lose to Lucario. We should be thankful that this isn't as one-sided as Ash vs. Roxie was. At least Kotetsu is using five pokemon, whereas Roxie only used three.

Re: BW108: 決着イッシュリーグ!ピカチュウ対ルカリオ!!

So, If Ash has only Pikachu and Snivy left, and Kotetsu has Lucario and who left! Will Kotetsu reveal his sixth pokemon or not?

It's confirmed that he only has 5 on hand for the battle since he thought it would be a 5v5...

Is that even possible? HOW is that even possible?!

Last edited:
All i can see from the preview from filb is pikachu seems to be going strong against lucario... at the last sec pikachu seems to be jumping over lucario and there is a chance it may use thunderbolt to finish lucario or may use irontail which is caught by lucario and finish pikachu with forcepalm(not likely bcoz lucario dint expect pikachu to dodge)...
Druddigon listed may belong to imotaru as virgil fights him in Q/F.. seems eevee doing well as it jumps out aft using Dig.. My guess would be Ash progressing to S/F and losing ther to someone(super-rushed battle in anime history)...

My guess would be Ash progressing to S/F and losing ther to someone(super-rushed battle in anime history)...
Not only should that not happen because the battle would be amazingly rushed, but also because Kotetsu isn't going to use a sixth Pokémon. Ash shouldn't win due to such a cheap factor.

I'm quite certain that the rest of the episode will show battles not involving Ash, as well as giving some conclusion to the rivals. The league would be mapped out differently if Ash were going to have another battle.

My guess would be Ash progressing to S/F and losing ther to someone(super-rushed battle in anime history)...
Not only should that not happen because the battle would be amazingly rushed, but also because Kotetsu isn't going to use a sixth Pokémon. Ash shouldn't win due to such a cheap factor.

I'm quite certain that the rest of the episode will show battles not involving Ash, as well as giving some conclusion to the rivals. The league would be mapped out differently if Ash were going to have another battle.

What you said is absolutely right but i just posted the worst case scenario.. considering its 5 vs 6 ther is no point in winning with such advantage in league matches..conclusion comes to the fact what will happen to virgil next up.. it will be good to see him against kotetsu but i would want oly virgil to win(also league).. i would expect virgil to be seen in near future :)

from the N preview picture, it seems like N interrupted the Ash vs Koketsu match or appeared after the match ends, which makes me wonder, will the league end here or will it be postponed for the N ark and continue after it when ash has further trained his pokemon? i think it is quite a possibility. either N interupts or after Ash beats Koketsu he meets N outside the stadium. it just doesnt make sense of ash losing to koketsu in a 6v5....

som im really hoping the league really isnt just finished after this episode but rather a stepping stone to introduce N during th league which renders ash unable to continue with the league and therefore ash either drops out then and concludes or the league waits for ash to return

wishful thinking but with how BW is so far, nothing is impossible

What you said is absolutely right but i just posted the worst case scenario.. considering its 5 vs 6 ther is no point in winning with such advantage in league matches..conclusion comes to the fact what will happen to virgil next up.. it will be good to see him against kotetsu but i would want oly virgil to win(also league).. i would expect virgil to be seen in near future :)
You know , In Don Tournament Pikachu beating Excadrill with overwhelming disadvantage would made better sense and Iris shouldn't had a cheap win too !
But Writer gave Iris the favor , Isn't they !!!
I'm sick of seeing Ash is the only one with ''Restriction'' .
He can't beat total rookie or a idiot in 5 vs 6 battle but they can !
He lose a tournament with or without advantage .
He can't have a pseudo legendary Pokemon but his sidekick and a scatter-Brain rival can .
WHY THE HELL ASH TO THOUGH ALL THE ''RESTRICTION'' WHILE EVERYBODY ARE FREE FROM IT.
What type of fairness is this ?
There is a difference between not treating the protagonist ''Special''' Or Simply Humiliated the protagonist without any reason .
What writer is doing now is humiliating Ash .
They not even treating Ash like fair character !
It isn't he's fault Kotetsu is an idiot who doesn't bring a 6th Pokemon in a full battle.
Is this writer way of telling us long time Ash-fan that we are nothing but Garbage to them and we should go to hell .
Seriously mob ,
Why do we have to respect them when they doesn't respect our feeling ?

Last edited:
Hmm, I just thought of a possibility. What if Satoshi actually wins, but says that Kotetsu would've beaten him if he'd had 6 Pokémon and allows him to move on to the next round?

Is this writer way of telling us long time Ash-fan that we are nothing but Garbage to them and we should go to hell .

I'm pretty sure they don't have that on their minds at all.

Seriously mob ,
Why do we have to respect them when they doesn't respect our feeling ?

If you have a problem with the rules regarding not being allowed to insult the anime staff personally, then this definitely isn't the place to raise your objections.

Hmm, I just thought of a possibility. What if Satoshi actually wins, but says that Kotetsu would've beaten him if he'd had 6 Pokémon and allows him to move on to the next round?
Just as he refused to take Roxie's badge because he wouldn't have won if she'd used her entire team?

Re: BW108: 決着イッシュリーグ!ピカチュウ対ルカリオ!!

So, If Ash has only Pikachu and Snivy left, and Kotetsu has Lucario and who left! Will Kotetsu reveal his sixth pokemon or not?

It's confirmed that he only has 5 on hand for the battle since he thought it would be a 5v5...

Is that even possible?

Sadly it looks like it is, no one called him out for it.

Last edited:
Just as he refused to take Roxie's badge because he wouldn't have won if she'd used her entire team?
Because the Pokémon anime is the epitome of consistency.

Anyway, it's a different situation. Satoshi and Homika had agreed on those conditions beforehand, Kotetsu didn't. Still, I doubt it'll happen, Satoshi is probably going to lose.

If you can win with less Pokemon why should it matter? They didn't check if Tobias had a third Pokemon to send out - he just won because he knocked out all 6 of Ash's Pokemon.

If you can win with less Pokemon why should it matter? They didn't check if Tobias had a third Pokemon to send out - he just won because he knocked out all 6 of Ash's Pokemon.

Yeah, maybe Kotetsu's Lucario draw with Pikachu, so Kotetsu proceeds as they did not check whether he has a sixth Pokemon.
And I always believe Tobias only have 2 Pokemon.

At least Kotetsu is using five pokemon, whereas Roxie only used three.
But at least Ash actually beat Roxie, unlike Kotetsu and only because Pikachu and Pignite each KO'ed one of Kotetsu's Pokes who had already battled and then ones who had a 4x disadvantage against their respective types.

This loss is just injustifiable in too many ways and really makes Ash's skills look like they are not on par with what they were in previous series.

But at least Ash actually beat Roxie, unlike Kotetsu and only because Pikachu and Pignite each KO'ed one of Kotetsu's Pokes who had already battled and then ones who had a 4x disadvantage against their respective types.

This loss is just injustifiable in too many ways.

And in that battle with Roxie, Pikachu and Pignite were responsible for a few victories too. Really the only differences between the two battles are that Ash's opponent used a different number of pokemon, and that the six choices were slightly different. Hydreigon was practically like Roxie's Koffing in that it won against two of Ash's pokemon and lost to the third. And while it was true that Pikachu and Pignite's victories in this battle were largely because of their respective type advantages, Ash still went in and used pokemon that had type advantages over them. It had nothing to do with Ash regressing or having a weak team, which was the original argument that I fought against.

I'm not saying that either battle was justifiable. I am stating that we should consider ourselves lucky that this wasn't as lopsided as the Ash vs. Roxie battle. In both cases, good writing had to give way for deadlines and due dates. The battles in this tournament might have been constructed differently if Episode N wasn't expected to air right around the corner.

It's not aproblem right now, but if you guys want to discuss whether Satoshi is regressing or not in more depth, there's a good thread here. :)

I do get the feeling Pikachu and Lucario will double KO each other. Pikachu will probably defeat Lucario similar to the way it beat Latios.

But Ash will lose, simply because Ash used up all 6 pokemon while Kotetsu technically didn't, even if he only had 5 pokemon. I bet you next week this is what will happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom