• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW 109 "The Araragi Laboratory! A New Journey!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fear that Episode N will keep focusing on Generation V Pokémon, leaving minimal screentime to any species from previous generations not named Pikachu, Meowth, Dragonite or Charizard. I hope that I'm wrong, but so far it doesn't seem that retreading Unova will provide much change.

Well, it is the Generation V TV series. It makes sense that they'd want to focus on those while they're still "current."

Or, you can think of it this way: DP got 191 episodes to show off Generation IV's 107 pokemon. BW will, as of this episode, have 109 episodes to show off Generation V's 156 pokemon.

So I'm OK with Generation V pokemon continuing to be in the spotlight.

Well, it is the Generation V TV series. It makes sense that they'd want to focus on those while they're still "current."

Or, you can think of it this way: DP got 191 episodes to show off Generation IV's 107 pokemon. BW will, as of this episode, have 109 episodes to show off Generation V's 156 pokemon.
The AG and DP series were filled with episodes focusing on older Pokémon, and they appeared in the background in basically every episode. Granted, there are more new Pokémon this time around, but they've all been showcased with the exception of Zoroark, Klang and Eelektrik.

Anyway, I actually think that an episode about the Hoenn starters would be too random. It would be a nice tie-in to Ruby and Sapphire's anniversary, but we don't need certain fans to get the wrong impression about remakes.

Last edited:
Man, Juniper's into some kinky stuff...

tumblr_mf9ybz7lRO1r1alb2o1_1280.png

This episode seriously looks bad. Its the yet overused filler plot of a new girl starting her journey, something we just saw in Dawn's special with that girl choosing between the DP starters.

I just don't understand the writers reasoning sometimes. A league is rushed just to get back to making filler episodes. Makes no sense at all.

Except it makes perfect sense.

Why would go to big action after finishing the League, an arc filled with action?

And we're starting a "new" journey. Makes sense to go back to the beginning...sort of.

The COTD doesn't look too generic, she actually looks pretty unique. Seems to have a decent enough personality. Calm-acting Mijumaru, that's so refreshing compared to Satoshi's. Non-smug Jalorda?

Wow, very suggestive scene with Araragi-Hakase and that paddle thing. Really hoping this battle is gonna be good, don't see the need for the reintroduction of the starters outside of Pokabu, Satoshi's Tsutarja and Mijumaru are perfectly fine. Not to mention we just saw a final stage Isshu set in the league. And Chaobu quite a bit as well. Well can't go wrong with marketing I guess......

It's Shinko with blue hair.

Man, Juniper's into some kinky stuff...

tumblr_mf9ybz7lRO1r1alb2o1_1280.png

It's Shinko with blue hair.

And different eye colour, clothes, hair cut and a Shinko didn't have a backpack I don't think.

I don't quite get the context of that Juniper scene, at all. Maybe Shinko thinks that Juniper is cruel, but what does the hill of(I assume are) Pokeballs doing behind the girl? Though I do know that it might make me think that it's funny.

So I'm OK with Generation V pokemon continuing to be in the spotlight.

That and the fact that a good chunk of them have gotten pretty lame bit parts or have only been featured in one episode. Poor ol' Reuniclus :(

Most of all, I am hopping for Ash's entire team to appear this episode, even if the six he has on him are not seen, the other 4 will surely run out to say hello

OH MY GOD WHAT

This episode looks really cute!! The new trainer girl seems....idk, her design is interesting, and awww, the starters seem to have different personalities than the ones way back from BW001 so that is nice and just oh wow I am irrationally excited to see Araragi giving out starters to other trainers and stuff??? But okay is the girl like afraid Araragi is going to beat her or something if she doesn't fill up her pokedex what is even going on here I am concerned

But okay is the girl like afraid Araragi is going to beat her or something if she doesn't fill up her pokedex what is even going on here I am concerned
Looks what she does with Fennel on their alone time is known to the public.

If they are going to have some filler episodes to commemorate the start of Episode N, I would rather have them focus on the pokemon that never really appeared yet in this series. Amoonguss and Frillish, who didn't get a lot of screentime themselves, are a nice start, but it left me wanting more out of this episode in terms of debut appearances.

I am upset that the league had to be cut short for episodes like this one.

I honestly fail to see what the big deal is. It's an established tradition that in every odd-numbered generation Satoshi fights in the League, goes back to Masara Town, and then starts a new journey (for about a year prior to the following generation) from there. He's just doing the same thing here except in Kanoko Town here, and the lame little girl subplot is to make up for the fact that his thirty or forty someodd Pokemon are not all in Araragi's lab, and therefore we can't have an episode based off Bayleaf trying to hug Satoshi. I enjoy these 'back to the hometown' episodes, as they establish the end of a journey and make us all look back at the past few years as well as being given things to look forward to for the remainder of the generation. I don't really consider them to be 'fillers' at all. Plus, the things like the Mamanbou and the starters are part of the aforementioned way that they're bringing us back to when Best Wishes! first started.

Edit: Also, on the topic (someone, I think it was Silktree, brought it up) of old Pokemon appearing in this saga: I suspect that they will simply provide trainers (Plasma grunts with Golbat and Coil come to mind) with old Pokemon, while leaving the wild Pokemon strictly (or perhaps not-so-strictly) Isshu-only. I can see the wailing already, but let's just compare it to, say, the BF saga, where Houen Pokemon were littered everywhere around Kanto--including many wild Pokemon--and nobody raised a peep. Or, something that always bothered me, the fact that the Rocket-Dan went to fucking South America to find Mew, and yet then we see that there is an area not too far from Nibi City where Mew actually presides and it's not that unknown among the populace there. We have already been handed a similar batch of mishegas with Blacky, who was chosen out of 493 old Pokemon in an early Best Wishes! episode as a Pokemon virtually non-existent in Isshu, yet now we know there's some well-established rescue ranger with his own farm and a plane not too far north who has a Blacky. So the worst of it should be over; expect there to be plenty of trainers casually walking their Maril around the block with no one uttering a peep. Worse yet, expect Virgil to continue to appear in Episode N to promote the Eievui merchandise and walk his Blacky into Don George's training facility in Karakusa Town with no one uttering a word of amazement. On the bright side, this means we will likely be spared having to look at the same few Isshu Pokemon for the remainder of Best Wishes!

Last edited:
Nuvema isn't Ash's hometown. When he returned to Pallet after the Indigo League, not only did he decide to leave for another region (the Orange Islands), but also his Pidgeotto evolved, which led to an emotional farewell. When Ash returned to Kanto after the Hoenn League, he battled Agatha in Viridian and met Scott, who invited him to the Battle Frontier. In the following episode, he was reunited with his old friends and Pokémon.

What exactly is going to happen in this episode that will be so special? Nuvema is no more important to Ash than New Bark, Littleroot or Twinleaf were, and he isn't even leaving Unova.

^The only times Satoshi finishes the League mid-generation are in the odd-numbered generations, and he never returned to Mishiro Town (which was in an odd-numbered generation) because in that instance he went back to Kanto to participate in the Battle Frontier. Since they didn't want Satoshi to leave Isshu until the end evidently, this is therefore the first time that he is remaining in a region following a League in an odd-numbered generation. So nothing makes Kanoko more special; it's simply circumstantial in that this is the first time Satoshi has been in a region where he will remain due to the plot now focusing on N. (as well as being so much farther away from the other regions)

My point is that there is no reason why there has to be a "hometown reunion" episode when none of the main characters live in Nuvema. Considering that the episode with Looker and Colress will take place in Floccesy Town, I would think that it would be a better idea to start the new saga in Aspertia City, which we haven't seen in the anime yet.

Maybe this episode isn't entirely pointless and will wrap up Bianca and Trip's stories.

I agree, actually. I don't see why the didn't place it in Hiougi City when it could have just as easily been done, especially as starters are given there as well and it would be a great conclusion for Bel's journey. Perhaps the P2 Lab will be covered earlier. I am just saying that, technically speaking, this 'hometown reunion' episode is a tradition that has been there from the beginning, and that there's no reason to just start complaining about it now and to attribute it to the non-existent inherent tendency for Best Wishes! to destroy what had once been a perfect series with no known flaws or fillers. Best Wishes! has been a regression in many terms, mind you, but let's not blame it for things that the series has always done anyways.

Maybe they could introduce Touko and/or Cheren in this episode? Nuvema Town is their hometown, and they've yet to be featured in BW.

Although I have a feeling the writers don't care about including them in BW at this point. So this probably just wishful thinking. (Best Wishes, wishful thinking...hahaha. /shot)

Perhaps the P2 Lab will be covered earlier.
That's what I thought at first since we know that N will be there eventually, but Ash and co. will be in Floccesy in BW112, and I can't imagine that BW111 is going to be a story-driven episode considering that Pokémon Fan didn't cover it.

I am just saying that, technically speaking, this 'hometown reunion' episode is a tradition that has been there from the beginning, and that there's no reason to just start complaining about it now and to attribute it to the non-existent inherent tendency for Best Wishes! to destroy what had once been a perfect series with no known flaws or fillers. Best Wishes! has been a regression in many terms, mind you, but let's not blame it for things that the series has always done anyways.
The Pallet reunion episodes were far more interesting than this one seems to be. But I'd agree that Dawn's special was equally bad, although at least it aired months after the end of the DP series.

Why everone hates TR you should hate ash if ash dissapears TR dissapears everyone happy.
Talking about the episode is not a filler in introduces the plot for future episodes and TR return ah and N appearing the plot overused (That girl loks dumb(well like every filler charachter in this series)) the best of the episode will be of course TR with his new weapons (I think W and Y are still in JJ teams but they have to introduce Frilish and Amonguus ).

PD:Frillish apparently knows Psychich. Interesting...

Hopefully all of Ash's reserves will be seen in this episode since the main characters are going back to Professor Juniper's laboratory. It's strange that Palpitoad is the only member of Ash's Unova team who has never been seen outside of a battle.

Silktree said:
What exactly is going to happen in this episode that will be so special?

He will presumably find out about the White Ruins from Araragi-Hakase, which will then set this whole "Episode N" storyline into motion.

smalllady said:
Maybe they could introduce Touko and/or Cheren in this episode? Nuvema Town is their hometown, and they've yet to be featured in BW.

I feel like Hugh is much, much more likely at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom