• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW 110 "'Friend'...His Name is N!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a sub-plot besides Ash's badge journey that's missing, not Team Rocket popping up every episode to steal Pikachu. N should have been introduced from the start, so that the storyline could have the same level of build up that it gets in the games, not put in all at once at the end because there's nothing left to do and half a year to fill.

It's the earthquake's fault.

Can't wait for this episode! I think the writers will find a way to screw everything up, buuuut, it looks like a great episode to show how close Satoshi is with his Pokémon, and I love that, as unoriginal as it is XD

Last edited:
No it isn't. There were several Team Plasma/N storyline elements from the games that had been skipped or reassigned to Team Rocket (like the Dreamyard) before the Rocket vs Plasma episode was to take place, and the lack of time cuts to the episodes that followed meant that there wasn't anything that was planned (at least in the short term) to follow up from the two-parter that was then dropped.

Ash meeting Zekrom is about the only indicator that there was a plan to use any aspect of the game's truth against ideals plot, and you could say that was just a plot convenience for Iris rather than planning for Ash meeting N.

No it isn't. There were several Team Plasma/N storyline elements from the games that had been skipped or reassigned to Team Rocket (like the Dreamyard) before the Rocket vs Plasma episode was to take place, and the lack of time cuts to the episodes that followed meant that there wasn't anything that was planned (at least in the short term) to follow up from the two-parter that was then dropped.

They were planning something different and to introduce Plasma in a different way, which I prefer than going by the same steps in the games. It's true that they could have introduced them earlier, but they chose not to. It's more interesting for me to use what's remaining of BW! to focus solely on Team Plasma instead of mashing it up with the badge quest.

I could make a pun about earthquakes creating plothole faultlines, but that would be in bad taste. :x

So has there been any information of a new tournament or elite trainers yet? If not, we might very well have a new series devoted to Ash and his posse taking down Team Plasma, with Team Rocket on the side playing goofy side antagonists sometimes and allies other times.

Ash meeting Zekrom is about the only indicator that there was a plan to use any aspect of the game's truth against ideals plot, and you could say that was just a plot convenience for Iris rather than planning for Ash meeting N.

I do hope Ash and Zekrom end up having a proper meeting. If Ash retains any brain cells he'd probably have some choice dialogue.

Zekrom: Ah, I remember you. You're that child with the Pikachu.
Ash: Yeeeeaah... did do you know your little electric attack thing cost me a battle against a complete rookie and nerfed my Pikachu this entire region?
Zekrom: Erm... uh... see I was feeling sick and...
Ash: ...
Pikachu: ...
Zekrom: ...I'm going to have to help you guys in some thrilling climactic battle against N and my feather-crotched fraternal twin, huh?
Ash: Yep.

....though maybe I shouldn't get my hopes up too much. I'm being way too positive about the Pokemon anime right now. o__o'

There's a preview of this episode already? Seems kinda odd for an episode not airing for a month. But then again, I dunno how these things work.

^ Probably because Shopro wants people stoked, I shouldn't wonder. (Though some of us already are)

There's a preview of this episode already? Seems kinda odd for an episode not airing for a month. But then again, I dunno how these things work.

If you watch the preview closely, you can see that all three previews are part of a DVD. It was probably released alongside the Pokemon Fan magazine, like the previews of BW061-BW064 were last year.

Aww man! It's been deleted by the uploader ;_;

But we get to see precious N!!

V

Hmm...the preview isn't working/has been removed.

Any other way to watch it?

Yes, there is.

トモダチ...その名はN! - YouTube

After seeing this episode several times, I think that I'll quite enjoy this episode and I'm looking forward to a possible Team Rocket and N interaction.

Hm, an Amoonguss and Frillish for Jesse and James.

Interesting choices to give them. Though the fact that Frillish seems to know Shadow Ball, after James' Yamask knew it seems a bit lazy, but eh, whatever. Guess there's not really a wide range of ghost type attacks.

They could've given Frillish Night Shade, Hex, or Ominous Wind. But none of those attacks are as good as Shadow Ball.

Ampharos King said:
If you watch the preview closely, you can see that all three previews are part of a DVD. It was probably released alongside the Pokemon Fan magazine, like the previews of BW061-BW064 were last year.

Yeah, it was Pokemon Fan.

Pure Speculation: The writers might make N an ally of Ash throughout this saga, basically not using his status as Team Plasma's boss. I shudder at this possibility.
The only thing that prevented N from being a Marty Stu is that he is a good guy and yet the boss of a group of thugs. This made the ingame BW story interesting.
Considering the crap the writers can pull when they give effort, there might be dark days ahead.

Pure Speculation: The writers might make N an ally of Ash throughout this saga, basically not using his status as Team Plasma's boss. I shudder at this possibility.
It's all but confirmed to be the case.
Didn't know that it was almost confirmed (we have only got some trailers as evidence). My speculation was more of a worst case scenario.
But then again, only the current group of Pokemon writers can remove everything compelling about a character.

Didn't know that it was almost confirmed (we have only got some trailers as evidence). My speculation was more of a worst case scenario.
It's really obvious since the most recent trailer shows N in the P2 Lab, and he is completely dumbfounded as to what happened there with Genesect. More importantly, Team Plasma are brainwashing Pokémon (with Ash and co. knowing about it), and there is no way N would go along with that. He has no reason not to help Ash against Team Plasma as he does with Rose/Nate in the B2W2 games.

More proof that B2/W2 spoils everything it touches. I was hoping they'd go with B/W's plot, but I guess we can't have nice things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom