• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW 111 "The New Gym Leader - Cheren!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BW 111 "The New Gym Leader! Cheren!"

Why were they even hiding this episode at first? They couldn't wait to unveil all the Plasma characters in the episode after?

Why were they even hiding this episode at first? They couldn't wait to unveil all the Plasma characters in the episode after?
Pretty much. Pokémon Fan has been biased before.

It's funny that the writers have waited this long to showcase Cheren (even if they were just interested in the B2W2 version, they could have done it right after the games' release), but now it seems that Hugh will be neglected. I'd expect to see his name in the title if he were going to debut in this episode.

I hope that the BW109 girl battles him. That would be quite cool, although Ash battling him would be better.

EDIT: OMG, what if Ash stays behind in Unova to compete in the league again, and has to battle Cheren for the Basic Badge, as he's the new leader.

So we're getting Cheren right after N huh?

Sounds like a good time.

I don't really care much about Cheren unless Bianca has a relation to him because otherwise, his character's kinda lackluster (sorry Cheren fans XD).

The only thing that I'm really hoping for is a mention for Lenora, hopefully she'll get a mention. Also, I do like it how all of the B2/W2 characters are finally starting to appear.

Now I'm just hoping for Iris to change clothes and become Champion.

While it could be neat to see an episode focusing on a newbie Gym leader, I'm not all that excited for Cheren since she's a pretty dull character. With Cheren's defining story with Alder being surgically transplanted into Trip, the only thing of interest left is...uh...yeah sorry, I got nothing. Here's hoping him and Bianca have some kind of history.

Still it's nice to know that from the looks of things we'll probably be getting more BW2 content adapted than just the Team Plasma stuff.

Hopefully Bianca will be around Cheren in the anime. I want to see how they interact with each other.

I am still not amused. He's probably here to play out his role against Plasma, too.

That's a big surprise. Wonder if his gonna be just another COTD or actually playing an active role in the N arc.

I'm confused... why would he appear? thought gym battles were finished.

Ha ha ha... all I can really think of this is "too little, too late".

Unless Bianca's involved in this, I really don't give a shit. And if they weren't opposed to having Cheren in the anime, they really should have done it much earlier on. I think it would have made for a much more interesting rival scenario since, like others have said, Cheren's really not interesting unless he has Bianca to play off from. :p And Ash really has no reason to dabble with gym leaders, the League being over and him already having the Basic badge and all, so I'll also chime in that Cheren's likely just here for the Team Plasma fodder.

Ha ha ha... all I can really think of this is "too little, too late".

Unless Bianca's involved in this, I really don't give a shit. And if they weren't opposed to having Cheren in the anime, they really should have done it much earlier on. I think it would have made for a much more interesting rival scenario since, like others have said, Cheren's really not interesting unless he has Bianca to play off from. :p And Ash really has no reason to dabble with gym leaders, the League being over and him already having the Basic badge and all, so I'll also chime in that Cheren's likely just here for the Team Plasma fodder.

What do you mean? The writers probably didn't know about Cheren's role in BW2 before they planned Lenora to battle Ash, so why would he have appeared? Unless he were to be a rival, but again, they probably already planned other rivals, Trip, Bianca and Stephan before thinking of Cheren's BW2 role. OR, maybe you just wanted him to appear without a role of much importance?

Plus now, they're getting into a bit more of the BW2 stuff, with Neo Plasma and such and I think it's good that they're spacing out the game character appearances, with either BW1 or BW2 for the anime.

I kind of hope that someone else like Iris, challengers him or Cilan.

Wait, Cheren's gonna be in the anime? The writers are obviously just scrambling for stuff that they can take from B2W2 for the last year of Best Wishes. I mean, what next? The trio go diving for treasure in the Abyssal Ruins?

What do you mean? The writers probably didn't know about Cheren's role in BW2 before they planned Lenora to battle Ash, so why would he have appeared? Unless he were to be a rival, but again, they probably already planned other rivals, Trip, Bianca and Stephan before thinking of Cheren's BW2 role.

Hey, they put Bianca in the series early on with the same probability of not knowing what her role would be in BW2. And I'm quite certain if they replaced Trip with Cheren we wouldn't be missing out on anything. I would have preferred a series where Cheren was in Trip's place and retained his connections with Bianca from the games, because rival dynamics are fun like that. I think that would have been a far better use of Cheren than just... throwing him in as a pointless Gym Leader post-League where he really serves no purpose unless he gets involved in the Team Plasma stuff. Which he could still do if he were introduced early in the series to begin with.

OR, maybe you just wanted him to appear without a role of much importance?

... why the hell would you think I wanted that? Please, don't assume stuff about me like that.

I kind of hope that someone else like Iris, challengers him or Cilan.

ugh god no. Iris has had more than enough screentime, she's not a badge collector (as Drayden was obviously a "special" case), she has no reason to do this. Cilan doesn't either, frankly. No one really has any business doing a formal gym battle with Cheren.

The alternative would be a Maylene-esque scenario since the episode title establishes Cheren as a "new" Gym Leader, which could be good or bad because I don't know what to believe anymore with Best Wishes. Staff's gonna have to pull off a miracle to make me think I can believe in their crap again.

I've always found Cheren pretty bland, but I guess it's exciting to see something out of the games. Hopefully we see something with Bel. I don't care for her either, but I think a lot of other people like her so that would be nice for them.

Advertisement or not, Cheren's being a gym leader is the most pointless position the anime could have given him at this point. He should have just been a gym challenger or at least started as one and became a gym leader later.

Oh well, at least he gets an appearance in the anime, though I wouldn't care if he were simply a one shot character, knowing that there's not much that can be done with him now.

Cheren in the anime? About time. He really should have appeared 98 episodes ago along with Bianca though...

Maybe Nonomi travels with Satoshi and the others for a bit and she is the one to battle Cheren.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom