• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW 111 "The New Gym Leader - Cheren!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Playerking

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
BW111: 新ジムリーダー・チェレン! | The New Gym Leader - Cheren!
Airing on: January 31, 2013

BW111_Scan_zpscf34ce1a.png

Cheren appears!

Last edited by a moderator:
re: BW 111 "The New Gym Leader! Cheren!"

So Cheren has a Herdier? The writers just couldn't give him something that Lenora doesn't have. ._.

But other than that: YEEES. It's true. Yay Cheren!!1 :DDDDD

re: BW 111 "The New Gym Leader! Cheren!"

Also, the titles says something like "New Gym Leader Cheren".

Re: BW 111 "The New Gym Leader! Cheren!"

新ジムリーダー・チェレン | A/The New Gym Leader! Cheren!

Last edited:

I wonder why Pokemon Fan decided not to reveal anything about this episode? They had the space for it.

Also, I guess this means we're getting B2W2 Cheren. I'm now even more curious about what they're going to do with Bel after the League.

I wonder why Pokemon Fan decided not to reveal anything about this episode? They had the space for it.

Also, I guess this means we're getting B2W2 Cheren. I'm now even more curious about what they're going to do with Bel after the League.

She could become an assistant to the Professor...

Oh well. At least we get to see all the Gym Leaders.

Now how about debuting Janine, writers? Huh?

Awesome that it's confirmed now!

Still have no idea why they waited this long to debut Cheren in the anime, but at least they're finally doing it.

Here comes my excitement, BW2 Cheren!

Hoping that Haderia evolves into a Mooland. Cheren represents ideals and what it means to be strong, I'm excited for him since he had some good CD in the game. I also hope his English VA will be the same one in the BW2 Trailer. I imagine he'll probably use Haderia to knock around Pikachu for a while and I see Pikachu getting a loss here. I was actually kinda hoping Dento or Iris would battle Cheren with Maggyo or Kibago since Satoshi did get quite a few episodes of battling in the Isshu League, but oh well. I hope he has more than a Haderia as well, maybe something from his BW2 team? I wouldn't mind seeing Mijumaru face off against a Yanakkie. Waruvial, Chaobu, and Pikachu don't exactly need wins immediately, definitely Mijumaru who needs this battle the most if Satoshi does battle him. Can't wait! Dat tie!

Since he's a brand-new Gym Leader, he could always just trainer battle Satoshi and use three of his old Pokemon. Preferably, Ononokusu, Yanakkie, and Haderia, perhaps? That'd be a good battle, Mijumaru, Tsutarja, and Waruvial please.

Last edited:

I wonder what the point is. They obviously don't have enough Gym leaders to make a whole second Gym quest for Ash, so what is he being introduced for?

Is Ash even going to battle him, given he didn't battle Marlon or Drayden?

Good to know that the Cheren-news didn't turn out to be fake. Looking forward to it.

Hopefully we get Lenora mentioned and written to the B2W2 storyline rather than Cheren getting an anime only badge - ideally with reference to either of the fossil revival episodes earlier in BW as a motivation for her to focus on the museum.

I also hope that we don't have to watch Ash watch another trainer battle him - but I can't see much of a reason why Ash would challenge him, though perhaps if it was his first Gym battle as leader and someone has recommended that Ash would make a good challenger to face first up we might be able to get a battle out of it.

There's a few other plot points I'd like to see picked up on here, Cilan considering his future as Striaton Gym leader and giving advice to Cheren as a leader; and then Iris having to consider her future as a Gym leader (perhaps she could challenge him?) and just how tough it will be for her to adjust. Equally, it's a trainers school in the games - perhaps Ash can spend a few months figuring out why it's a bad idea to leave Pignite out to battle a Samurott?

I wonder what the point is. They obviously don't have enough Gym leaders to make a whole second Gym quest for Ash, so what is he being introduced for?
This show isn't solely about Satoshi getting badges and entering the leagues of the respective regions, it's also advertisement driven and it makes sense to introduce a significant character from the BW & BW2 games. So what if he won't be entering a league? It's be an interesting fight if they do battle for the sake of battling. That's like saying Shaga shouldn't have been introduced or Shizui shouldn't have been introduced just because they don't benefit. I'm glad BW isn't solely about Satoshi.

Is Ash even going to battle him, given he didn't battle Marlon or Drayden?
We don't know.

I don't see the point of introducing a gym leader either what happened to "being done with BW2 and needing to get ready for gen 6" guess who ever said that was wrong. Anyways I guess they can have Cheren as an ally against team plasma but if he isn't playing a major role in the team plasma story I'm not interested as this would be a "game filler" and I'm not a fan of those.

Good to hear that Cheren's appearing, I'm hoping Bianca will show up since the two do have a connection in-game and would help develop him (and maybe Bianca).

Just as keikaku.

Cheren won't be the last unused character to appear, I know it. They need as much non-Plasma material as they can get to help pad out the arc.

So Cheren just became a Gym Leader, huh? Well, let's see what will happen to the Basic Badge after this.

Judging from the fact that Cheren doesn't seem to be in the Flocessy Town episode, I don't expect him to become involved in the Team Plasma storyline.

What if Aloe becomes a minor or at least recurring character in Episode N? Talk about retirement as a Gym Leader, maybe explain her history with Cheren and why she chose him to take the Basic badge mantle? And her archaeology might give us insight about Genesect's past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom