• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BW Mall Tour plagued with hacked distribution: Wonder Guard Spiritomb distributed at

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BW Mall Tour plagued with hacked distribution: Wonder Guard Spiritomb distributed

Ok this is funny as hell thats all I can say and who ever did this must be one hell of a troll.

Re: BW Mall Tour plagued with hacked distribution: Wonder Guard Spiritomb distributed

Ok this is funny as hell thats all I can say and who ever did this must be one hell of a troll.
Not that cool since its been done before.

It would be nice if they made it fun and tried to reference some other sort of work in their movesets (like maybe Lance's hax Dragonite with Barrier)

Not that cool since its been done before.

It would be nice if they made it fun and tried to reference some other sort of work in their movesets (like maybe Lance's hax Dragonite with Barrier)

Hmm never knew that before all thought Lances haxed dragonite would be epic.

First, I wanted to note that according to the link in my video (linked by Gligar13 (thanks for the views, troll people :3)), the guy might have been seen in the nearby Borders store. Thanks to the friend who mentioned the event to me in the first place, the event staff have been informed about the Pokemon.

The reason this would at all make people distrust future events is because of the article making it seem like a bigger deal than it really is. The Gengar event awhile back had cause for concern, rather than being a fun joke, it crossed the line into racist slurs. This is just someone goofing around in one location. If this happens throughout the whole tour, then the guy's kind of a loser to be following it around.

Who said it would be one person? It wouldn't be the first time a group of people did something extremely disruptive for their own enjoyment. If such a thing were to happen, anyway. I'm sure the event staff will be on the lookout for such problems now, though. Besides, the fans are watching for them as well. I doubt they'd risk it at this point.

I think it's just someone having fun with lots of freetime. Don't expect it at future events, unless the person doing it is a no lifer who can follow the tour.

As for the fear, it was probably copypasted from the Racist Gengar incident, where nintendo, which DID have cause for concern then (racism), made up a story about how it crashed games and said to release it.

Who said it would be one person? It wouldn't be the first time a group of people did something extremely disruptive for their own enjoyment. If such a thing were to happen, anyway. I'm sure the event staff will be on the lookout for such problems now, though. Besides, the fans are watching for them as well. I doubt they'd risk it at this point.
Exhibit A: Blowing things out of proportion.

Of course an isolated event means that a group of malicious Pokémon hackers with an R4 are going around following the tour to troll five year olds.

I also like how you make the assumption people clicking your video are trolling, or the fact that you apparently care more about views than your message.

Exhibit A: Blowing things out of proportion.

Of course an isolated event means that a group of malicious Pokémon hackers with an R4 are going around following the tour to troll five year olds.

I also like how you make the assumption people clicking your video are trolling, or the fact that you apparently care more about views than your message.

1) I said that as a possibility, not as an assumption.

2) Apparently, sarcasm isn't your strong point. I suggest you look at the comment on my video and see how people are indeed trolling in there. :p Also, I couldn't care less about views. It's content that counts, nothing more.

If it weren't for the fact that it would disqualify me from tournaments (Which actually isn't that much of a concern since A: I never have been able to attend one, and B: I have a Deoxys which just might be hacked, so I might be banned anyway) I would want one of these things.

Eh, whatever. Legit Pokemon FTW.

Though is it true that hacked Pokemon won't harm your game if you inadvertently obtain one? If it is, then that's a relief. Though it does make it more likely my Deoxys and Shiny Froslass I got over the GTS were hacked...

Fail. If you want to make a Pokemon actually look legit:

1. Learn how to use proper grammar.
2. Give the Pokemon a legit ability.
3. Don't put "SPIRITOMB is legit!" on the Wonder Card.

If it weren't for the fact that it would disqualify me from tournaments (Which actually isn't that much of a concern since A: I never have been able to attend one, and B: I have a Deoxys which just might be hacked, so I might be banned anyway) I would want one of these things.

Eh, whatever. Legit Pokemon FTW.

Though is it true that hacked Pokemon won't harm your game if you inadvertently obtain one? If it is, then that's a relief. Though it does make it more likely my Deoxys and Shiny Froslass I got over the GTS were hacked...

They might flag your save file, but that's it. As long as you don't do excessive memory editing or use PokeSav with the save file, you won't kill your save. Having a hack doesn't equal ruined game.

Damn, now I wish I had been there then. I want a Spiritomb so badly, that I'd accept a hacked one even. :-(

They might flag your save file, but that's it. As long as you don't do excessive memory editing or use PokeSav with the save file, you won't kill your save. Having a hack doesn't equal ruined game.

What exactly do you mean by "flag?"

Edit: The Dude, there are plenty of people in the trade forum that could breed you a Spiritomb. Heck, I could breed you a Spiritomb if you really want me to.

Last edited:

This guy is my hero. I salute the one who did this.

Does anyone else besides me think about what this implies? Kids are going to use this "unbeatable pokemon" on wifi... heck, I would too

Does anyone else besides me think about what this implies? Kids are going to use this "unbeatable pokemon" on wifi... heck, I would too
Gen V has filters >_>

What exactly do you mean by "flag?"

Edit: The Dude, there are plenty of people in the trade forum that could breed you a Spiritomb. Heck, I could breed you a Spiritomb if you really want me to.

By flag, it marks your save file that you have hacks, disqualifying you from offical tourneys. Since all the people who know stuff about those don't want tourney cheating, not much is known about them. So the only things known are rumors. It's better to be safe then sorry though.

By flag, it marks your save file that you have hacks, disqualifying you from offical tourneys. Since all the people who know stuff about those don't want tourney cheating, not much is known about them. So the only things known are rumors. It's better to be safe then sorry though.

Ah, gotcha.

Anyway, I agree that this is being blown out of proportion. It certainly isn't a "plauge", to say the least.

Yeah, it probably won't happen again...Gen V is coming to America anyway.

I'd just like to note that I took down my video that Gligar13 linked to. The comments were getting out of hand and bordering on personal attacks. The word is out, so I'm not worried about it.

Just an FYI to anyone who might click the link and find it broken. It's not Gligar13, it was me.

Can't you just close comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom