• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BW Mall Tour plagued with hacked distribution: Wonder Guard Spiritomb distributed at

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
BW Mall Tour plagued with hacked distribution: Wonder Guard Spiritomb distributed at San Jose mall

A hacked Spiritomb is being distributed at the Oakridge Mall in San Jose at the BW Mall Tour. Fans are advised to release this Pokémon if received due to the nature of the event. The Spiritomb is a level 50 Shiny Pokémon with the ability Wonder Guard and the moves Shadow Force, Focus Punch, Softboiled, and Safeguard, and has an OT of "PkmnInt". The Pokémon is "caught" in a Cherish Ball, has Pokérus, and holds BlackGlasses.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: BW Mall Tour plagued with hacked distribution: Wonder Guard Spiritomb distributed

I wonder if this is gonna be distributed at the other locations, hopefully not, the last thing anyone needs is a hacked pokemon at an event

Re: BW Mall Tour plagued with hacked distribution: Wonder Guard Spiritomb distributed

oh man, this needs to be contained...

Was anyone playing this at the mall tour?

Also, it won't ruin your game, but if you are concerned about how 1 hack will ruin your game, release it. I wouldn't release it, just for teh lulz, but either way, it just seems like someone having too much fun with a flashcard and a romhack of a legit distrobution rom.

How did this happen?

Most probably someone who thinks they're very clever has somehow acquired a distribution cart and has changed it to distribute this specific hack "event".
E: Or the thing in the next post.

How did this happen?
Simple. Someone hacked a wondercard onto their game that can be shared with others.

How did this happen?

My theroy is someone took a leaked distrobution rom, modded it so it has a different wondercard, loaded it on a illegal flashcard, put it in a DS and thier pocket, and turned it on. In fact, there are tuts that show how to mod a deoxys distro cart by replacing deoxys with a wondercard.

Last edited:

My theroy is someone took a leaked distrobution rom, modded it so it has a different wondercard, loaded it on a illegal flashcard, put it in a DS and thier pocket, and turned it on. In fact, there are tuts that show how to mod a deoxys distro cart by replacing deoxys with a wondercard.

Its "Distribution" and it would be impossible or the person the leave the DS closed it is pocket as the DS has a pause function when closed also I doubt they would have to hide it because everyone else around this person would have their DS out!

Its "Distribution" and it would be impossible or the person the leave the DS closed it is pocket as the DS has a pause function when closed also I doubt they would have to hide it because everyone else around this person would have their DS out!

Distribution cartridges still run the event when shut, and he would just need to slip it in his pocket, since the DS Lite is small. There was a video of the tru event, but the uploader probably closed his account or got busted by the copyright police, as I can't find it.

I like how apparently putting "SPIRITOMB is legit!" in the Wondercard is somehow not at all supposed to be sketchy.
When the DS is actively broadcasting a signal, it doesn't pause. The image disappears, yes, but the game isn't paused.

I've done that while walking around Toys R Us until my DS picked up the Secret Key event, and I've played Guardian Sign's temple mission and merely closing the DS does not end the communication.

I also don't like the whole fear-monger approach the article is going into. It mentioned it was illegitimate multiple times. Not once did it go over the fact that it won't do any harm to your games (except maybe getting through a hack check in tournaments) and outright tells people to release it immediately as if its a virus out to erase your save file. And "plagued"? One stop at the tour with one hacked distribution. Hardly a "plague".

Last edited:

This is crazy but funny!

I find this funny as hell, some smart hacker is trolling hard.

True it is funny, at least it wasn't racist like the last fake giveaway with gengar, that one was wrong on so many levels

Seriously?

It really astounds me how unexplainable some people's motives are. Why would someone even do this? I'm just curious. What would the point of this be? Is this a case of trolling turned up to eleven, or was it something else?

Also, I'm gonna have to agree with Outrage. This thing is not going to screw up your game in the slightest, and it's not smart to give out implications that it will.

I also don't like the whole fear-monger approach the article is going into. It mentioned it was illegitimate multiple times. Not once did it go over the fact that it won't do any harm to your games (except maybe getting through a hack check in tournaments) and outright tells people to release it immediately as if its a virus out to erase your save file. And "plagued"? One stop at the tour with one hacked distribution. Hardly a "plague".
Which is pretty much more double standards. Hacking is safe, yet having a hacked event on your game ruins it. Some people think that.. The only future tourneys are for BW anyway, and not HGSS, so if you get it on a gen IV game, you are fine.

Which is pretty much more double standards. Hacking is safe, yet having a hacked event on your game ruins it. Some people think that.. The only future tourneys are for BW anyway, and not HGSS, so if you get it on a gen IV game, you are fine.

Thanks for the views, but you kinda missed my message.

The hacked Pokemon appearing at events is going to ruin Pokemon for some people, as they really don't want to have hacked Pokemon and items showing up in their games. Some people actively avoid the GTS for this reason alone.

It can cause people to not trust future events, too. In the minds of those who don't know better, if the hacks occur at one event, they'll likely happen in the future, too. There's really nothing stopping the possibility of this occurring in 5th Gen events as well.

I should point out that, in the draft of the story which I wrote for Bulbanews I didn't mention that the hack could harm the game, simply that having a hacked Pokémon on the game cartridge could (and more than likely will) lead to instant disqualification at any of the official tournaments even if it's in a box not intending to be used.

Quite simply, hacked Pokémon aren't worth keeping on a cartridge for any reason (even for the lulz).

Am I bad if I find this rather amusing? It would have been a better troll if so-and-so hadn't added that little "Spiritomb is legit" at the end.

Thanks for the views, but you kinda missed my message.

The hacked Pokemon appearing at events is going to ruin Pokemon for some people, as they really don't want to have hacked Pokemon and items showing up in their games. Some people actively avoid the GTS for this reason alone.

It can cause people to not trust future events, too. In the minds of those who don't know better, if the hacks occur at one event, they'll likely happen in the future, too. There's really nothing stopping the possibility of this occurring in 5th Gen events as well.
Yeah, faking the event was bad and forces a hacked Pokémon into people's games that they don't want.

But you know what, if they were that concerned about it they would have known which events were being distributed and would not have downloaded it anyway.

And yes, some people don't want hacks in their game. It doesn't change the fact that the way the article was phrased was basic fear-mongering. If you don't want hacked Pokémon in your game, then release it, its not up to the article to tell you to release it. Furthermore there are people who do believe receiving a hacked Pokémon will destroy your game and the way the article was phrased plays on those fears. Instead of giving out the facts of what happened to let people make an informed decision on what they should do, it played on fears of caused by misconceptions.

Yeah, there are hacked Pokémon, its not the end of the world for your game to get it, your game isn't infected, and there's nothing wrong with it.

The reason this would at all make people distrust future events is because of the article making it seem like a bigger deal than it really is. The Gengar event awhile back had cause for concern, rather than being a fun joke, it crossed the line into racist slurs. This is just someone goofing around in one location. If this happens throughout the whole tour, then the guy's kind of a loser to be following it around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom