• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BW Sun

ShinyFlareon

bowtie coconut birb
Reaction score
Got a few ideas for a sun team in mind, since a lot of my favorite pokemon can abuse it. Keep in mind I can't get PO to run on my computer, so this team won't be seeing any testing anytime soon.

Ninetales@Leftovers
Ability: Drought
Nature: Modest
EVs: 128 HP / 252 SpA / 20 SpD / 108 Spe
-- Sunny Day
-- SolarBeam
-- Flamethrower
-- Will-O-Wisp

I saw this set on Smogon and was intrigued by it. Sunny Day basically gives me a lot more control over the weather. I can use it on Politoed switches to get rid of the rain temporarily, as well as T-tar and Hippowdon's sand if I predict right. More sun = more chances to abuse SolarBeam. Flamethrower over Fire Blast for PP, and since it'll still do a hefty chunk of damage in the sun.

Tangrowth@Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Nature: Naive
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
-- Power Whip
-- Hidden Power (Fire)
-- Rock Slide
-- Growth

If my calcs are correct, Tangrowth's Power Whip can OHKO any variant of T-tar, Politoed, and even Hippowdon even with a Naive nature. Naive is to try and deal with Scarfers, particularly Politoed. Rock Slide for neutral hits on Heatran as well as partial Flying types.

Donphan@Lefotvers
Ability: Sturdy
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
-- Stealth Rock
-- Rapid Spin
-- Earthquake
-- Toxic

Rapid Spinner. I was contemplating changing the EVs to 252 HP / 80 Atk / 176 Def and putting Ice Shard over Toxic for things like Dragonite and Landorus, but I'm not sure.

Sawsbuck@Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 136 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 116 Spe
-- Swords Dance
-- Horn Leech
-- Return
-- Nature Power

Standard SD sweeper. He comes in after Tangrowth has softened things up a bit, sets up, and goes to town.

Volcarona@Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body
Nature: Bold
EVs: 224 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD / 24 Spe
-- Quiver Dance
-- Firey Dance
-- Bug Buzz
-- Morning Sun

A rather standard Bulky Quiver Dance set. It's meant to come in late game after I've got the weather securely on my side and clean up.

Dragonite@Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
Nature: Careful
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
-- Roost
-- Thunder Wave
-- Dragon Tail
-- Substitute/Earthquake

A special defensive force on the team. Spreading Paralysis around supports the rest of the team a lot, and Dragon Tail, though not very effective, breaks any Air Balloons floating around. Considering EQ over Sub because I really don't have an effective way to deal with Heatran otherwise, but then I'm open to status.

I'm considering trying to fit a Specs Chandelure on this team somewhere, or an Aromatherapy/Healing Wish Liligant. But I'm not entirely sure where.

I'm really into Sunny Day teams right now. This team looks ok right now, but it'd be nice if PO worked for you so you could tell us how it goes.

Hey there Feliciano. This team looks decent right now, but I think that a few changes could improve it. First, I'd suggest giving Donphan Ice Shard over Toxic. Landorus, Dragonite, and just dragon types in general can pose major threats to Drought teams. I'd also suggest giving Tangrowth a Naughty nature for maximum attacking power and increasing Sawsbuck's speed EVs to 136 to beat Choice Scarf Terrakion. Finally, I'd like to see Dragonite run a Choice Band set instead of its current set. A team with two Chlorophyll sweepers doesn't need paralysis support but it can, however, take advantage of another way to both revenge kill threats and help check Reuniclus.

Summary of changes:

Ice Shard > Toxic on Donphan
Naughty > Naive nature on Tangrowth
Change Sawsbuck's EVs to 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spd
Choice Band Dragonite > Parashuffler Dragonite

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom