• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BW UU

coolking503

now's the time to shine
Reaction score
Well, Smogon just got usage stats, and along with them, released a UU tier. The top 49 (I would say 50 but Missingno snuck into the list (82)) UU pokemon are:

| 54 | Espeon | 19721 | 3.2907 |
| 55 | Azumarill | 19118 | 3.1901 |
| 56 | Jolteon | 18920 | 3.1571 |
| 57 | Zapdos | 18764 | 3.1310 |
| 58 | Chansey | 18626 | 3.1080 |
| 59 | Zoroark | 17937 | 2.9931 |
| 60 | Togekiss | 17508 | 2.9215 |
| 61 | Sigilyph | 17463 | 2.9140 |
| 62 | Slowbro | 17045 | 2.8442 |
| 63 | Electivire | 16999 | 2.8365 |
| 64 | Donphan | 16148 | 2.6945 |
| 65 | Hitmontop | 15974 | 2.6655 |
| 66 | Azelf | 15437 | 2.5759 |
| 67 | Kingdra | 15318 | 2.5560 |
| 68 | Mamoswine | 15316 | 2.5557 |
| 69 | Celebi | 15261 | 2.5465 |
| 70 | Quagsire | 15230 | 2.5413 |
| 71 | Nidoking | 15004 | 2.5036 |
| 72 | Arcanine | 14283 | 2.3833 |
| 73 | Milotic | 14053 | 2.3449 |
| 74 | Suicune | 13942 | 2.3264 |
| 75 | Weavile | 13680 | 2.2827 |
| 76 | Mew | 13497 | 2.2522 |
| 77 | Aerodactyl | 12415 | 2.0716 |
| 78 | Sawsbuck | 12370 | 2.0641 |
| 79 | Empoleon | 12179 | 2.0322 |
| 80 | Snorlax | 11936 | 1.9917 |
| 81 | Abomasnow | 11843 | 1.9762 |
| 82 | Missingno | 11698 | 1.9520 |
| 83 | Eelektross | 10831 | 1.8073 |
| 84 | Ninjask | 10639 | 1.7753 |
| 85 | Cofagrigus | 10003 | 1.6691 |
| 86 | Gorebyss | 9869 | 1.6468 |
| 87 | Dusclops | 9862 | 1.6456 |
| 88 | Smeargle | 9862 | 1.6456 |
| 89 | Flygon | 9750 | 1.6269 |
| 90 | Victini | 9659 | 1.6117 |
| 91 | Charizard | 9373 | 1.5640 |
| 92 | Spiritomb | 9006 | 1.5028 |
| 93 | Shaymin | 8876 | 1.4811 |
| 94 | Gastrodon | 8398 | 1.4013 |
| 95 | Bisharp | 8202 | 1.3686 |
| 96 | Heracross | 8032 | 1.3403 |
| 97 | Galvantula | 8009 | 1.3364 |
| 98 | Ambipom | 7993 | 1.3337 |
| 99 | Umbreon | 7985 | 1.3324 |
| 100 | Cresselia | 7783 | 1.2987 |
| 101 | Dusknoir | 7740 | 1.2915 |
| 102 | Kyurem | 7309 | 1.2196 |
| 103 | Roserade | 7260 | 1.2114 |

As time goes by, it will likely get more balanced. For now, Mew, Kyurem, Victini, Espeon, Azumaril, and Celebi are all UU. I can see All of them but Kyurem and Victini going up to OU via usage, or via banning, soon enough.Until then, however, this metagame looks extremely fun, and without as much weather (No politoed or TTar, so you are stuck with Hippopotas, abombasnow, and vulpix), and alot less centralized.

Baton pass looks fun, with Mew, Smeargle, Jolteon, ninjask, zapdos, Ambipom, and gorebyss usable. That being said, unless you are playing Adv OU, baton pass will never be game breaking consistently.

Weather, While nuetered, still is going to be huge. With Charizard, drought, and less sandstorm, Drought will be very powerful. Rain dance is usable as well, because of Raikou, Gorybess, and Kingdra. Remember that you can use Rain Dance and Swift Swim on a team, just not drizzle. Sandstorm is usable, with Pokemon like Gligar, Stoutland, Flygon, Rhyperior, and perhaps even excadrill and Gaarchomp's underevos (Gabite and whatever). With Cresselia, Ubreon, Gligar, Gastrodon, Milotic, Celebi, and, of course, chansey usable, stall looks good too. But pokemon like Arcanine, Elektross, and Ambipom are stil there to break it. Anyways, enough of my opinions.

What do you guys think of the UU BW metagame?

Wow those usage stats look very interesting. Especially since I've seen a lot of those Pokemon in almost EVERY match.

But do you know if Smogon will use their BL tier this Gen a little more? Otherwise it looks like we're going to have giant OU and UU tiers.

THere will be a "BL" tier, or at least a banlist for UU. Of course, there will also be a NU, and most likely a tier below that. However, BL is only there to balance the tier, not to spread out pokemon equally. So if they do hit a stable tier, like they did towards the end of UU last gen, then chances are it wont be used much. until then there probably will be periodic additions like last gen. It wont be like RBY-ADV where the BL tier had enough pokemon to form its own tier all together. At least, I doubt it. The problem is, with DW abilities, events, and the normal factors, the tiers look to be more unstable than ever.

Hopefully, they have BL2 this time too like NU did on PO. The more tiers, the merrier.

I personally look at BL as stuff that's good enough to use in OU, but takes a good amount of skill to actually use well. I don't see it as a tier of its own right now, but if there end up being enough Pokémon, it could definitely be an option.

Right now, UU is full of really powerful stuff like Victini and Kyurem. Once UU really gets going, a bunch of stuff will probably get moved up to BL and I imagine UU won't be too far from D/P, except with the possibility of auto-weather of course.

Hopefully, they have BL2 this time too like NU did on PO. The more tiers, the merrier.

Yeah, I heard thats the slogan for the bulbagarden tiers.

I personally look at BL as stuff that's good enough to use in OU, but takes a good amount of skill to actually use well. I don't see it as a tier of its own right now, but if there end up being enough Pokémon, it could definitely be an option.

Right now, UU is full of really powerful stuff like Victini and Kyurem. Once UU really gets going, a bunch of stuff will probably get moved up to BL and I imagine UU won't be too far from D/P, except with the possibility of auto-weather of course.

You cant personally look at BL from a perspective like that, since that is what leads to people arguing that things shouldnt be Uber because they are viable there. BL is a banlist for UU. Stuff like Honchkrow, last gen, was outclassed 100% by other pokemon depending on its role. However, no matter what it was outclassed.

BW UU probably wont look too much like Dpp UU. There are alot of pokemon that are new and alot of old stuff which is more powerful. The evo stone, as well as the increase in power means it will look quite different.

Hmm, these do look interesting. I see a bunch of Pokemon that I didn't expect to see on there. I don't normally play UU, but this metagame generally looks fairly interesting.
Of course, like coolking said, preliminaries, I'm going to wait till the metagame has fully gotten underway before I say anything major :).

Mew, Celebi, Victini and Kyurem being UU is very surprising, to say the least. I doubt they're staying in the tier for long. The metagame is still highly unstable though, so everything about these stats is subject to change.

I wonder what will be the UU cutoff point...

Mew, Celebi, Victini and Kyurem being UU is very surprising, to say the least. I doubt they're staying in the tier for long. The metagame is still highly unstable though, so everything about these stats is subject to change.

I wonder what will be the UU cutoff point...

Just noticed that...whoa. Once V-Create comes, either there'll be a ban or it'll go to Ubers for sure. Mew, Celebi, and Kyurem...give it a couple of months.

Well, I doubt that even the power of V-create will make Victini Uber, especially in this powerful metagame. It's severely crippled by its typing, being weak to Stealth Rock and Pursuit, and having only one good STAB. OU at best.

I find this very interseting, as I typically play Gen IV UU (got to get with the times). It's surprising as I see a lot of formerly OU Pokemon like Suicune and Zapdos on this list, especially Flygon, that really took me back. The fact that Snorlax is still just in the top 80 makes me happy, and a little surprised. But I honestly thought Espeon would definately be OU due to Magic Bounce. I'm also happy Hitmontop is so close to the top; he's kind of my signature Pokemon and one also of my favourites.

Nonetheless this generation will be very interesting, and I hope any remakes only further this interest and unstability.

Well, I doubt that even the power of V-create will make Victini Uber, especially in this powerful metagame. It's severely crippled by its typing, being weak to Stealth Rock and Pursuit, and having only one good STAB. OU at best.

I agree. I also predict that Celebi will make its way back to OU eventually as well. Mew... I don't see it sticking around UU for too long. Personally, I don't even think this thing will get the chance to be banned to BL. She'll either move to OU by the next round and cap out there, or, more likely, take the express train to Ubers within two rounds.

Shaymin's status, I'm not so sure about. It only became OU towards the tail end of the Gen IV meta and that only happened because most of the top dragons were removed (Garchomp, Lati@s, Salamence.) As of this writing, every single one of those dragons is currently OU. Also, Celebi still pretty much outclasses Land forme Shaymin barring Seed Flare. Furthermore, other Grass types have arisen that give it some stiff competititon (Venusaur, Breloom, Whimsicott, Ferrothorn and Virizion are all OU currently.)

The thing is, last gen was a dragon steel dominated metagame. Once it became f/w/g, Shaymin became more viable. This one is dominated by the weathers, so water/fire/rock. Shaymin could act as a anti metagame pokemon, but virizion mostly out classes it. Celebi still has that crippling 4x weakness, and scizor is still in the top 3 most used pokemon. Not to mention DW breloom will also be good at anti metaing and even normal breloom can do it. But Shaymin wont be OU this gen because virizion>shaymin any day.

Im actually not sure what in the world snorlax is doing up there. In the OU metagame it sucks. It has a better chance in UU though, i wouldn't count it out.

Espeon in UU (Barely) mostly because Xatu has been rising in usage. They both are trying to gain the same niche and both their usage is suffering. They both have their pros and cons, and it really depends on the team. However, if Espeon moves up (doubtful, since players will already have teams stacked with psychic types, and this pales in comparison), Xatu will get more use. Espeon wont move up via BL until all the other psychics are gone, but via OU usage, who knows? All we really need is Latios to get banned for its usage to go up by maybe 1%, which should be enough to make it OU.

Hitmontop is actually really good as an anti weather pokemon, stopping Sandstorm minus gliscor (give it ice punch), Hail (then again, what doesn't?), People who try to run RD without drizzle, and alot of other stuff. I could see it get boosted up into OU, but its doubtful. The main reason is that Azumaril (barely UU) does this sooo much better and is going to be OU next month, 100% guaranteed.

Celebi does still have an excellent movepool and a fantastic stat spread. Furthermore, it has key resistances to Electric, Ground and Fighting type attacks, all of which are predominant in this metagame (precisely because of rain and sand.)

Scizor was the king of OU last gen but that didn't keep Celebi down. It was still a good OU Pokemon itself. Sure, there's been a noticeable power creep and a sudden influx of strong attacks and Pokemon that hurt Celebi, but I don't think it's enough to keep it out of OU for too long.

Kyurem's another one that's leaving pretty soon.

I'm still on the fence about Vulpix. Is sun overpowered because of Vulpix or because of Victini? If it's the latter, then there's no reason to get rid of Vulpix.

Random note: Four generations ago, who would have thought we would seriously be discussing a Vulpix ban?

Isn't BW UU basically Hail? That's what was said on the OSL xat last night

Mew in UU just wow!

I think it will move up to OU with a few other Pokemon in a few months and maybe Ubers as its move pool is just massive and can fill just about any role and has great stats.

It's probably going to be like this until a couple of good players make a few good pokemon popular.

That is one heck of an overpowered UU compared to the 4th gen.

Also, how did Aron get higher than Aggron on that list? 0.o

I'm thinkin' Sturdy + Endeavor + Shell Bell + Sandstorm.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom