• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

BW Wi-Fi battle rules to change: Dark Void to be banned

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
BW Wi-Fi battle rules to change: Dark Void to be banned

The rules for Wi-Fi battles are set to change in Pokémon Black and White on Dec. 27. While the main changes reinforce the restrictions on banned Pokémon, the move Dark Void will also be banned from use.

Read more on Bulbanews

rubinek

KYUREM FORMS ERRYWHERE
Reaction score
All I can say is

FUCK YES GameFreak.

Finally.

@Hyper Dragoon - most of the Pokemon you have mentioned aren't even good to begin with... are you sure you were facing competent players?

Joshawott

The Possibly Fake
Reaction score
Well, Dark Void was banned in the official 2012 rules, so it's only natural that this update happened.

For people wondering why Dark Void is banned: Moody Smeargle.

Imagine it - send out Smeargle (holding a Focus Sash). Smeargle survives due to FS, uses Dark Void, let's Moody stack up, then Baton Passes.

The Outrage

Reaction score
Well, Dark Void was banned in the official 2012 rules, so it's only natural that this update happened.

For people wondering why Dark Void is banned: Moody Smeargle.

Imagine it - send out Smeargle (holding a Focus Sash). Smeargle survives due to FS, uses Dark Void, let's Moody stack up, then Baton Passes.
Double battles or singles? I'd imagine Spore would be worse.

Bouffalant Herdier

Comfort ghost
Reaction score
This is great news. I had faced a few Smeargles using the move in Triple battles, and it was no fun. If it had Protect and Tailwind was in effect, it was nearly impossible to counter.

ocelotlrama jaguar

Fluffy with 80% more spots!
Reaction score
Alls I can say is good. I really dislike dark void in doubles. It always seemed so broken to me.

lugia61617

Reaction score
I never play Wifi battles so this doesn't really affect me, similarly I know nothing about the complex details of battling. For me it's just fighting in-game and breeding. Nothing special. Still, I like reading these responses. One thing I've always wondered, though...How does one legitimately get a Smeargle to sketch Dark Void? I thought it always reverts after a communications battle...

Bouffalant Herdier

Comfort ghost
Reaction score
One thing I've always wondered, though...How does one legitimately get a Smeargle to sketch Dark Void? I thought it always reverts after a communications battle...
Use Smeragle and Darkrai in an in-game Double or Triple battle, and after Darkrai has used Dark Void, Smeragle uses Sketch on it.

Morgil

Reaction score
Ok, so a few above posts have explained why Dark Void was banned, but what about that other move? Why was Sky Drop previously banned?

SnorlaxMonster

Elite Bulbapedian
Reaction score
Ok, so a few above posts have explained why Dark Void was banned, but what about that other move? Why was Sky Drop previously banned?
A glitch that caused the opponent to be completely immobilized. See [bp]Sky Drop glitch[/bp].

Data-Roxas

The Hurt Incarnate
Reaction score
basically, it prevents your opponent from doing *anything* during the attack's duration. basically, it's like a weaker fly that the opponent can't do anything during

Ghetsis-Dennis

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
^ There's a glitch that caused Sky Drop to be a game breaking move.

Now I'll be waiting for the banning of Stealth Rock and the unbanning of Kyurem.

Data-Roxas

The Hurt Incarnate
Reaction score
^lol! when that happens, we'll see charizard again in competitive battling, and everything else 4x weak to stealths will be nie unstoppable, for not losing 1/2 of it's health on entry.

Iteru

Something
Reaction score
But Stealth Rock has a counter. It's called Rapid Spin, and even without it Rock type attacks are still popular.