• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BW Wi-Fi battle rules to change: Dark Void to be banned

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
BW Wi-Fi battle rules to change: Dark Void to be banned

The rules for Wi-Fi battles are set to change in Pokémon Black and White on Dec. 27. While the main changes reinforce the restrictions on banned Pokémon, the move Dark Void will also be banned from use.

Read more on Bulbanews

All I can say is

FUCK YES GameFreak.

Finally.

@Hyper Dragoon - most of the Pokemon you have mentioned aren't even good to begin with... are you sure you were facing competent players?

Well, Dark Void was banned in the official 2012 rules, so it's only natural that this update happened.

For people wondering why Dark Void is banned: Moody Smeargle.

Imagine it - send out Smeargle (holding a Focus Sash). Smeargle survives due to FS, uses Dark Void, let's Moody stack up, then Baton Passes.

Well, Dark Void was banned in the official 2012 rules, so it's only natural that this update happened.

For people wondering why Dark Void is banned: Moody Smeargle.

Imagine it - send out Smeargle (holding a Focus Sash). Smeargle survives due to FS, uses Dark Void, let's Moody stack up, then Baton Passes.
Double battles or singles? I'd imagine Spore would be worse.

This is great news. I had faced a few Smeargles using the move in Triple battles, and it was no fun. If it had Protect and Tailwind was in effect, it was nearly impossible to counter.

I never play Wifi battles so this doesn't really affect me, similarly I know nothing about the complex details of battling. For me it's just fighting in-game and breeding. Nothing special. Still, I like reading these responses. One thing I've always wondered, though...How does one legitimately get a Smeargle to sketch Dark Void? I thought it always reverts after a communications battle...

One thing I've always wondered, though...How does one legitimately get a Smeargle to sketch Dark Void? I thought it always reverts after a communications battle...

Use Smeragle and Darkrai in an in-game Double or Triple battle, and after Darkrai has used Dark Void, Smeragle uses Sketch on it.

Ok, so a few above posts have explained why Dark Void was banned, but what about that other move? Why was Sky Drop previously banned?

Ok, so a few above posts have explained why Dark Void was banned, but what about that other move? Why was Sky Drop previously banned?

basically, it prevents your opponent from doing *anything* during the attack's duration. basically, it's like a weaker fly that the opponent can't do anything during

^ There's a glitch that caused Sky Drop to be a game breaking move.

Now I'll be waiting for the banning of Stealth Rock and the unbanning of Kyurem.

^lol! when that happens, we'll see charizard again in competitive battling, and everything else 4x weak to stealths will be nie unstoppable, for not losing 1/2 of it's health on entry.

But Stealth Rock has a counter. It's called Rapid Spin, and even without it Rock type attacks are still popular.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom