• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW001: To the Isshu Region! Zekrom's Shadow!! ・ BW002: Iris and Kibago!

People from Kanto catch Pokemon thiiiis way.

People from Isshu catch Pokemon tHiS way.

Re: BW 001-002 "To the Isshu Region! Zekrom's Shadow!!" & "Iris and Kibago!" Review T

-I loved the music, but dear lord, that was by far the worst opening visually.
I'm guessing each pokemon is to be taken out of silhouette once they are revealed in an episode/gradually over time, but stilll...it was unattractive CG. And it was essentially just Pikachu running around. That's not a good recepie as far as I'm concerned. Goes well with whine, though.

You're kidding, right?

Oh, you're serious? Let me laugh harder!

Re: BW 001-002 "To the Isshu Region! Zekrom's Shadow!!" & "Iris and Kibago!" Review T

You're kidding, right?

Oh, you're serious? Let me laugh harder!

I agree with him. I don't mind CGI, but the way it was used was terribly tame.

By comparison, AG's first opening had me pumped and raring to go with its awesome music and visuals. DP was tamer but I still got into it. BW's sets the throttle to near 0 mph.

It's Pikachu! And he's running! In a black landscape? With obvious silhouettes of Isshu Pokemon all around. Oh boy, my blood is pumpin'!

I am a little confused, did Jessie and James give up all their older Pokemon or only one or two?
They sound like great episodes^_^

Shooty isn't a jerk. He just thinks that Satoshi is from a hick town and is annoyed at how excited he gets at every little thing.

And there's no word to describe someone like that? You mean Shooti's behavior is actually acceptable?

And I "disagree" on Iris thinking the same, she's actually more friendly to Ash. Since when was Shooti friendly at all. There we go, found the word. Shooti was unfriendly towards Ash.

I'll admit I really didn't like the 'mon when it was first revealed but...what can I say? It's grown on me like a barnacle grows on a clam shell. It's just so freaky and awkward in it's cuteness.

I feel exactly the same way about Mijumaru. Its hard not to love a Pokemon with those facial expressions xD. Whats more, it's cute, but not an overdone 'look omg so kawaiiii' kind of cute.

In the preview Miji pushes Pikachu off Ash's shoulder. Looks like we got another jealous Pokemon on our hands.

Guys, we have a thread for the opening theme. This thread is only for the actual episodes.

dman_dustin said:
And there's no word to describe someone like that? You mean Shooti's behavior is actually acceptable?

I don't see what's so bad about that. Shooty just doesn't put on a fake smile when confronted with people who annoy him.

And, well, Satoshi can be annoying sometimes.

Besides, "not being friendly," like how Shooty is to Satoshi, and "being unfriendly" are not the same thing.

Someone has mentioned when and how Iris started her journey? I mean if she's a gym leader, how come she's not in the gym?

It hasn't been brought up yet.

In fact, by the end of the second episode, Satoshi and Iris haven't even decided to start traveling together yet.

Another thing I noticed: Araragi-Hakase has a kind of Kotone-like catchphrase. She says arara alot, which is an expression similar to "oh my!" And her name happens to be Araragi-Hakase...so...yeah.

Last edited:
So, it's mentioned that Team Rocket each have three pokeballs each to catch Pokemon? That's pretty neat, as there are tons of Pokemon this region that would be perfect for them.

Too bad about the rest being unceremoniously dumped...hopefully they'll reveal that they're hanging out at the Rocket Base training. :D

Too bad about the rest being unceremoniously dumped...hopefully they'll reveal that they're hanging out at the Rocket Base training. :D

With Wobbufett becoming the greatest mascot of TR of all time.

Honestly, most of my thoughts were already said by others earlier. In the case of Mijumaru, it has that REALLY ridiculous look, which makes it at least redeemable to look at, like how in DBZ, I used to think Mr. Popo was ridiculous. Now... He's still ridiculous-looking, but it's more of me coming to terms with that, and thinking he's cool from that, if that even makes sense.

Then there's Iris, who's amazing. Yoshi has my back on this, Iris is (probably) going to be the best female character that travels with Ash.

And Ash really does seem a bit like a country boy, but that does give the impression that a bit of Isshu is kinda in the Eagleland territory. Boy be jumpin' into Pokémerica waters now.

Shooty isn't a jerk. He just thinks that Satoshi is from a hick town and is annoyed at how excited he gets at every little thing.

... Creepy, that's actually what I figured he was saying even though I'm ah-durr with the Japanese. It's eerie for me since I projected that sort of mindset on to Paul over time even though he never comments on it in canon. But it'd make sense for him since Veilstone City's pretty big in Sinnoh. But that just reminded me...

Weren't we told that Shooty is from Kanoko Town? Or did I hallucinate that? Was Kanoko Town suggested to be bigger and more cultured than Pallet Town? Because otherwise Shooty's being something of a hypocrite, isn't he? Not that it bugs me. That would be hilarious if Shooty's gig was to exude hypocrisy every time he appears.

But the reason to be annoyed with Ash is perfectly justified, I'd say. I just wonder how they'll build him up if they're portraying him to be a beginning trainer... the Zekrom Defense won't hold up forever.

Team Rocket wins in a Pokemon battle? Hell yeah!
And no one commented on how they changed the hot air balloon.

I like Iris so far. She is fun to watch and she DOESN'T steal the spotlight. However, after watching Ash' idiotic trying to catch that deer-mon, I wished her to take some screen-time away from this disgrace Ash put himself into.
It's like Ash resets his own "level" along with Pikachu. So much for the-almost-champion.

But, oh well, Rockets are awesome, Ash performs Kanto-style poses, should I wish for more?
No re-appearances except for Oak and Delia though.

Stop complaining about Ash - he obviously acted this way cause he was extremely excited seeing all these new Pokémon and it's totally in character for him

Stop complaining about Ash - he obviously acted this way cause he was extremely excited seeing all these new Pokémon and it's totally in character for him

I agree, if I was Shooti, I most likely would've mocked Ash going "Ooh look at this shiny new Pokedex I got" rather than being "cold" like Shooti.

It's better to be polite when speaking with new people, not cold or mocking.
But it looks that such behavior doesn't apply to rivals in Pokemon.

This is easily my favorite start to a new region. We got right to the action with not too much messing around on who everyone is.

I really loved how much screen time Hanako got. It's been forever since we've seen her and I forgot how much I liked her. Seeing her, Satoshi and Oak travel to Isshu was together was shippy awesome. :-D

I was surprised that the new R logo was on Rocket headquarters. That explains where the TRio got it from. So glad Musashi really did get Koromori, and Kojiro having three monster balls as well makes me very happy. With that and his whole take charge attitude, his character is finally being treated right! It also looks like the Rockets will be serious all the time now if that motto is any indication! :-D

As for the old Pokemon... well, we knew for awhile they were all gone. Hope we get some explanation of where they are eventually.

Iris is so awesome and cute! I wasn't expecting to like her so much, but her and Kibago are just too awesome. I also love how she thinks he's just a dumb kid. Ha ha.

Speaking of people who think Satoshi is a dumb kid... Shooti is pretty cool too. He's no Shinji, but I like this guy's style. I think he'll be a great rival.

The only thing I didn't like was that they dumped the Nyasu balloon. Just... no. But i can't say I'm too surprised. :/

Wait wait wait...people WANT Team Rocket to be serious all the time?

Also, I liked the format of the NEXT EPISODE preview. The music playing though, was that from the games?

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom