• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BW001: To the Isshu Region! Zekrom's Shadow! & BW002 Iris and Kibago!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh wow, I don't know what to think.

It seems like the old previews for Best Wishes was a lie.

We just got a totally different scene from Pikachu being hit by Zekrom and Ash vs Shooti takes place out in the field and not on an arena.

Wow, so what else was a lie?

First episode of every season! Do it nooooow, PS!

Also, I think we're due for another starter on the team. Maybe not in the hands of Ash but someone else, because from the sounds of things Shuuti's Tsutarja sounds male. Plus all the Pokeball throwing.

Also, from the preview, Araragi is the one driving Oak, Delia, and Ash.

Megumi Hayashibara voices the Tsutarja that's on the main cast, and Shooti's was played by someone different.

But wow was that preview epic! And damn are the Rockets awesome!

A Pokemons voice doesn't mean anything about their actual gender

You know who you are Yanmega

but you may be right

but why have we seen Tsutarja's in three diff areas?

a rocky place

a field (the female)

and the town (shootis)

I'm sure it's possible for the one on the rocks to battle them and it ends up in a field..but we'll have to wait

arena? it was a town and it looked the same to me

No, it was different.

In the earlier previews, it was Pikachu vs Tsutarja on a hard surface like ceramic tiles, and Pikachu was hit with Grass Mixer and slammed into the wall. This time it was on a dirt field and grass mixer didn't slam Pikachu into the wall well because there was no wall.

They could be different scenes, true, but that doesn't explain why Team Rocket were shown to capture Pikachu near the "sea plane" and was hit with a yellow bolt (since Araragi comes in and takes Oak, Delia, and Ash before that chance comes) when in the new preview it was near Araragi's lab with blue electricity, nor does it explain why Ash is surprised twice that Pikachu's electricity fails in two different locations.

It just seems all contradictory to me to be all part of the same thing. Does the regular anime do what the movies do? Do they create scenes to hype up the show but end up using something different?

A Pokemons voice doesn't mean anything about their actual gender

It does when said feminine voice uses attract on a male Pikachu.

Megumi Hayashibara voices the Tsutarja that's on the main cast, and Shooti's was played by someone different.

And what about the Mijumaru, since there was one Mijumaru that had a different voice then the one that apparently belongs to Ash?

well who said ALL of this takes place in the very first episode (if it does it'll be a little to fast paced...)

for all we know they could be over 3 episodes...

oh well not like it matters...

Shooti has a male Tsutarja (possibly...) which means ash's catching of that female one is higher now

yay

Why hasn't this thread been stickied yet?

Why hasn't this thread been stickied yet?

Because of the new rules. Review threads should only be used to review the episode, not countless speculation like it has been in the past. Dogasu made an announcement some time ago. So this is the speculation thread. Once the episode airs, there will be a new one known as the review thread.

No, it was different.

In the earlier previews, it was Pikachu vs Tsutarja on a hard surface like ceramic tiles, and Pikachu was hit with Grass Mixer and slammed into the wall. This time it was on a dirt field and grass mixer didn't slam Pikachu into the wall well because there was no wall.

They could be different scenes, true, but that doesn't explain why Team Rocket were shown to capture Pikachu near the "sea plane" and was hit with a yellow bolt (since Araragi comes in and takes Oak, Delia, and Ash before that chance comes) when in the new preview it was near Araragi's lab with blue electricity, nor does it explain why Ash is surprised twice that Pikachu's electricity fails in two different locations.

It just seems all contradictory to me to be all part of the same thing. Does the regular anime do what the movies do? Do they create scenes to hype up the show but end up using something different?

It does when said feminine voice uses attract on a male Pikachu.

And what about the Mijumaru, since there was one Mijumaru that had a different voice then the one that apparently belongs to Ash?

By that logic Pikachu is female too

so Is Meowth Piplup etc etc

and that was probably a mistake or something

it's the same mijumaru

What logic? All I said was feminine voice Tsutarja uses attract on a MALE Pikachu. What does Pikachu's Voice Actress have anything to do with what I said.

it's the same mijumaru

And before I cross a line, I'll just say they aren't (unless Mijumaru changed VA's, or Miijumaru's VA went through puberty during the time they were recording).

I wonder if Ash will catch Mamepato in BW001 I hope he catches it in the first episode although the second episode seems more likely. Also I saw in one of the previews Shooti was looking at starter pokemon so I guess that means he's a beginning trainer?

I doubt it'll happen in the first episode. Too much going on there already, I think.

I doubt it happens in the first episode too.Ash catches memepato and right next,he meets Iris.And we know by tittles that Iris appears in episode 2.

I wonder if Ash will catch Mamepato in BW001 I hope he catches it in the first episode although the second episode seems more likely. Also I saw in one of the previews Shooti was looking at starter pokemon so I guess that means he's a beginning trainer?

Ash isn't going to catch Mamepato until he meets Iris, and the only scene of Iris in BW001, is when she sees Zekrom's storm. So yeah Iris and Ash should only meet in BW002 given all the stuff that's occurring in BW001.

so Is Meowth Piplup etc

Pikachu is confirmed to be male in the evil Togepi episode.
This means that the Tsutarja that used Attract on Pikachu is female.

We can assume that Shuuti's Tsutarja and the Tsutarja that used Attract are two different pokemon.

The background locations are also different (Ash VS Shuuti takes place in a city, the other in wild grass).

Pikachu is confirmed to be male in the evil Togepi episode.
This means that the Tsutarja that used Attract on Pikachu is female.

We can assume that Shuuti's Tsutarja and the Tsutarja that used Attract are two different pokemon.

The background locations are also different (Ash VS Shuuti takes place in a city, the other in wild grass).

*facepalm*

I was referring to the line where since the Female Tsutarja being Female because it has a feminine voice shouldn't be considered true (even though it is)

because by that kind of logic then Pikachu would be a girl too

and he isnt

I was referring to the line where since the Female Tsutarja being Female because it has a feminine voice shouldn't be considered true (even though it is)

Except we never hear or even see feminine voiced Tsutarja until the same time we see it use attract on Pikachu (confirming it's female). So because of attract it has a feminine voice because it is a female.

There is no only "Female Voice Actress means Female Pokemon" logic going on here. It's also the fact Female Tsutarja uses attract on Pikachu and it works.

So, Matsumoto Rica just sung a live version of the BW Opening on the 12:00 PM Pre-show. I've always liked her songs and her live appearances, and this one wasn't an exception. She's always very energetic. Anyway, this opening feels really mellow in comparison to say, Spurt! or Ok!. I like it though. There were some new animation shots of the opening too, including one with Dent and Ash in a car. Pretty much all of the shots were of Ash, which makes me wonder how Ash centric this opening/series is going to be because it looks like the answer is "very".

Also, I'm getting the feeling that Ash will be just as connected if not more so than Dent and Iris to the Plasma/N/whatever plot since his encounter with Zekrom is receiving an upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom