• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BW001: To the Isshu Region! Zekrom's Shadow! & BW002 Iris and Kibago!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BW001 + BW002: To the Isshu Region! Zekrom's Shadow!

I'm pretty sure the writers will be better this series.

Also I really don't think there's a bike this time. I don't see Iris with a bike(nor Dento).

Don't bother, Piplup. Some people are determined to point out every minute thing that has happened that hasn't been referenced in the past. I swear, if Pokemon Fandom had it's way, every episode we'd have a five minute flashback about Butterfree, Pidgeot, and Primeape. Just because we need to be reminded about them.

Screw that.

I'm more interested in new Pokemon getting their screentime. If you wanna watch about old Pokemon then go watch the old episodes. I'm not holding it against you and neither would most people here.

Isshu is going to be awesome and I can't wait to see what the writers have in store for us. Who's ready for another excellent ride?

Ash goes to the region and Pika's power is sapped by something having to do with Zekrom. Interesting.

What if Zekrom's shadow is in reality a giant thunderstorm and Pikachu got zapped in it.

Ash identified Takuto's latios the moment he saw it and the only time he saw one before was in Movie 5, 7 years ago.

Pikachu is having a rough first day, Zekrom steals it's power and if that one scene with all the pans falling on Pikachu is also this episode then is bad day is getting worse

I SAID NEARLY

dear lord everyone ignores every other word..

It seems to me that Iris will be associated with Reshiram and Ash will be associated with Zekrom. Hopefully we can see some interaction between the main characters and the legendary trio associated with both dragons.

As for the episodes themselves, well the anime needed to incapicitate Pikachu in the beginning. He couldn't become sick again (Advanced Generation) or even get separated from Ash (Diamond and Pearl). It wasn't completely unexpected or anything, but I figured that the anime would have strained from this recycled plotline.

I'm not too sure about Zekrom's role in the games themselves. Even if Zekrom's abilities to cancel out other pokemon's electrical attacks was something invented by the anime, I really would not mind.

Last edited:

Interesting indeed.

So Ash sees Zekrom's shadow and Iris sees the one of Reshiram. Hm, strange. Zekrom's shadow and this stuff probably has something to do with its ability in-game as someone suggested earlier. It's a nice change of pace, although I'm sick of Pikachu getting hurt by something. Ugh.:eek:hdear: At least they'll do a nice change with Zekrom involved into all of this.

The second episode introduces Iris, I'm looking forward to seeing it as well as her and Kibago. Iris's personality seems rather unique and I do hope she makes a good heroine. :ksmile:

I SAID NEARLY

dear lord everyone ignores every other word..

Name one Pokemon species that Ash has forgotten in DP. Why? Because he was able to identify Infernape's species despite only seeing one other (Movie 10) and you know how movies are iffy on the whole continuity thing.

And I'm saying Pokemon species, I don't care about specific Pokemon like Paul's Gliscor.

Edit: Oh and just for your information, Nearly every implies more than half. It does not mean a handful.

Guys, give it a rest... or Zekrom might zap y'alls too. Your pointless arguing is annoying him.:p

What if Zekrom's shadow is in reality a giant thunderstorm and Pikachu got zapped in it.

This is kinda what I'm thinking also... some Electric-types are kinda notorious for producing their own thunderstorms, giving how powerful they are on their own or in a group. If Raikou can do it, I can see Zekrom doing it too.

That's awesome! Zekrom in the first ep? :D

But...

Where's my Reshi...?

That's awesome! Zekrom in the first ep? :D

But...

Where's my Reshi...?
Iris is seen in the preview to see something in the sky, presumably Reshiram since it's showed to be flying up in the sky in the trailer. ;-)

I'm glad they'll be focusing on Satoshi this time around for the first episode. I'm sure Pikachu is going to get "sick" in Kanto and not Isshu and Ookido Hakase tells him to go to Isshu and ask Araragi about Pika's problem. That sounds like a plausible reason to travel there.

It makes Isshu seem like the land of opportunity.

There are no cats in Isshu-erica!

(cept for the purple ones)

Iris is seen in the preview to see something in the sky, presumably Reshiram since it's showed to be flying up in the sky in the trailer. ;-)

Oh yeah! I remember that part of the trailer.

I just assumed since the OP said nothing about Reshiram.

*sigh* BW is going to be interesting with these two legendaries.

I'm glad they'll be focusing on Satoshi this time around for the first episode. I'm sure Pikachu is going to get "sick" in Kanto and not Isshu and Ookido Hakase tells him to go to Isshu and ask Araragi about Pika's problem. That sounds like a plausible reason to travel there.

http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showpost.php?p=2155996&postcount=37

Actually, it happens in Isshu.

Interesting Kanto vibe this first episode is giving us. I'm curious how Kanto like this series will end up being.

Edit: Um, never mind...

^ Yeah, I posted about that a minute before your reply. XD;;

You know, it would be nice if they go back to certain aspects of Kanto that made the series so interesting when it all began. A little more comedy wouldn't hurt to be honest.

You know, I had an idea for the next Anime series that basically the evil team would use a powerful Electric-type Pokemon (for those of you who keep up with my project, my idea was with Eyesquall, the Smoke Monster Pokemon I made up) to zap Pikachu's power early on which would drain its electrical attacks, forcing it to use Iron Tail as its main mode of attack, and would explain why it got weaker in a slightly less random way. Furthermore, it would slowly gain its electricity back as the series moves on and would actually pick up new Electric moves it didn't know before.

I really think they might go this route and I for one welcome it. It could explain the focus on Iron Tail we see in the previews.

Pikachu has a problem at the beginning again? Eh, ok. This should be interesting.

i am so, SO glad zekrom is going to be the star of the first episode - when reshiram was being showed in the commercials so much, i was very very let down. but this is amazing news!!

i was so sad when i first heard DP was almost over... i even cried a little bit. but now i want it OVER WITH!! LET'S GO ON TO ISSHU!!! COME ON!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom