• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BW001: To the Isshu Region! Zekrom's Shadow! & BW002 Iris and Kibago!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BW001 + BW002: To the Isshu Region! Zekrom's Shadow!

So Zekrom is indeed a giant black cloud of doom. Nice. Liked it that I guessed right, but it was expected. Can't wait, only 2 more weeks.

Wow... I take one day off and the news come pouring...

I like the idea of Reshiram causing problems for Ash and Pikachu, ensuing a domino effect that'll lead him to meet Professor Aragi and ultimately Iris. Just Ash and Pikachu in the first episode really gives it an original series vibe. Hopefully BW will be OS done right.

If not everyone is reading Serebii.

Originally Posted by slowkingsley
An extended summary has appeared for the first episode and it mentions that Shooti is a new trainer at the lab and battles Pikachu and Ash.

So, will Ash probably lose to a rookie because of pikachu's lack of electricity, then? Oh, boy...

Wow, isn't that a little too much to do in one ep?... anyway, now I believe Shuuti will really choose Tsutaja like was speculated and Ash will battle it with Pika
I wonder if that is the female Tsutaja which uses Attract
Also, in that case, I wonder how they'll make Tsutaja join the main group... it'd be pretty boring if Ash gets one too while his rival has one as his first Poké (though it did kinda happen with Ash and Paul both owning Torterra, and Dawn/Kenny with Piplup/Prinplup)
I'm sure all starters will be on the main cast... so even if Shuuti get this Tsutaja, someone in the main cast will probably get one too

I wouldn't have thought so. They both have different voices.
Also, all the footage of the girl Tsutarja have the same art style as the one clip of it being caught in a pokeball, so I imagine it'll be battled and caught in a later episode.

Well wasn't the female Tsutarja also seen battling Mijumaru? Unless Ash already catches it by this episode I think the female one is the one that will join the main cast

So Ash... battles Shuuti... at the lab?

:|

Does Shuuti also hate making friends with Pokemon? Does he have a brother named Hedgey?

So wow Shooti appears in the first episode before Iris and battles him right away eh?? Wonder how Ash will do. At least we know when Shooti appears. They waited till the third episode for Ash and Paul to battle hmm.

So Ash... battles Shuuti... at the lab?

:|

Does Shuuti also hate making friends with Pokemon? Does he have a brother named Hedgey?
Why... would anyone make the connection?

Why... would anyone make the connection?
Not only has he been described as a Paul-ish looking rival (which has been confirmed), but they're having the same exactly scario setup. The same one.

It's almost funny in a worrisome sort of way. You have to wonder why they need to have a battle this early. A friendly match perhaps? Or will they truly want to make another Paul character?

But he also takes pictures, so hes not exacly like Paul LOL. All we have so far on him is that he meets Ash in 01 of Best Wishes, he battles him too. Paul battled with Ash I think in 03 of D/P? I'm sure will have some differences between Shooti and Paul. I look forward to his character, his rivalry with Ash I'm sure will be different too, just need to wait and see.

Yeah, at least it looks like this guy may have a respectable hobby/side goal :p

But if they start pulling in an aniki, I'll rage...just kidding! no

I hope Shooti is just as experienced as Paul was. I want to know what Pokemon he used in the past.

I hope Shooti is just as experienced as Paul was. I want to know what Pokemon he used in the past.

On the TV Tokyo site, they already said that Shooti would be a new trainer :(

But that doesn't mean that he isn't a threat, Ash will start with new pokemon too. 'cept for that dern pikachu I think the writers love making the rival seem grossly more intelligent/mature than Ash regardless of their experience.

Shimura and Koyama are animating these episodes respectively. Sorry if this has alrady been posted.

On the TV Tokyo site, they already said that Shooti would be a new trainer :(

But that doesn't mean that he isn't a threat, Ash will start with new pokemon too. 'cept for that dern pikachu I think the writers love making the rival seem grossly more intelligent/mature than Ash regardless of their experience.

I like that Shooti is a new trainer, its different from Paul. Maybe since Ash is a more experinced trainer, he can be kind of a mentor to Shooti? You are right, he's got newer Pokemon to battle with every region.

I have a feeling Shooti's going to get a lot better quickly because of the photos he takes. He's probably really smart already so all he needs to do is use his film to figure out his opponents' strategies.

I like this thing about Zekrom's shadow stealing Pikachu's thunder. It's a unique way of getting Ash to Isshu. But does this mean he won't run into Ho-Oh if he's going to see Zekrom?

Ooh or maybe he thinks he sees Ho-Oh flying over head but it's really Zekrom!

It looks more to me like Ash battles Shooti outside. After all, when Pikachu was battling Tsutarja, you could see the sky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom