• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW003: Mijumaru! Meguroco! Close Call!!

Dogasu

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
BW 003 "Mijumaru! Meguroko! Close Call!!"
Satoshi notices that the Mijumaru from before is still following him and decides to capture it. As soon as he receives its Monster Ball, the pokemon goes MIA, requiring Satoshi and Iris to search for it. As they look for the pokemon, they come across a boy named Dan and find out about a problem a group of Meguroc are causing for his father's hotel.

Last edited:
It seems like the crocodile leader is going to appear again later since the last scene is showing it with the 'to be continue' words.

Guess Mamepato are dumber than real pidgeons... They just stayed on the rock, and after everyone worked hard to get them to safety, they just flew away. XD

The crocodile pokemon were trying to evacuate everyone from the area because they could sense that the hot spring geysers were about to erupt and put everyone in danger.

I loved the Ash, Pikachu, and Kibago getting under the sand. Classic moment right there (especially Kibago, best Pokemon right there).

As for the episode, aside from a few moments with Mijumaru, I honestly didn't really like the episode. I think its because they wasted Ash getting Mijumaru on an episode that revolved around Meguroko and hot springs, sorry but doesn't really do it for me.

I did like how Mijumaru really, really, really wanted to be with Ash (and LOL at it disappearing after Ash received the Poke ball), and how is saved him.

A shame we didn't see Ash's Mamepato but maybe soon.

The crocodile pokemon were trying to evacuate everyone from the area because they could sense that the hot spring geysers were about to erupt and put everyone in danger.

They sure have a weird way of showing help though (or at least sunglasses Meguroko).

Unfortunately I missed the beginning of the episode, so I was a little confused at first xD Looks like we might see Meguroko again, which I'm eagerly looking forward to.
Meguroko tower totally made my day. :D

Guess Mamepato are dumber than real pidgeons... They just stayed on the rock, and after everyone worked hard to get them to safety, they just flew away. XD

This. So, so much :p

Otherwise, Iris seems pretty cool, liked her small saving Ash scene, and I enjoyed TR still keeping their serious side (man, their new motto rocks!).

They sure have a weird way of showing help though (or at least sunglasses Meguroko).

They can't talk, and they needed to get people away fast. What would you suggest they do? This is a a core plotline we've seen many times before in the series.

They can't talk, and they needed to get people away fast. What would you suggest they do? This is a a core plotline we've seen many times before in the series.

They can talk with other pokemons...

So, Iris and Satoshi is decided to be together now?

Um, I don't know nudge them into a direction. Grab the talking Meowth and force it to be a translator, anything probably would've worked better than eating people's Pokemon (just kidding about the eating part).

And until Meguroko decided to make that bridge it actually seemed like they were antagonistic, I mean forcing the Pokemon to go on a "place" that was eventually going to be surrounded by boiling hot water. Those Pokemon looked scared of Meguroko.

For a group of Pokemon trying to help, they weren't exactly good at it were they? (of course maybe that was the point).

It's looks like Satoshi and Iris are trying to walk faster than the other in the beginning. They are decided to be companions or not?

It's looks like Satoshi and Iris are trying to walk faster than the other in the beginning. They are decided to be companions or not?

I don't know. It looks to me like Iris is travelling with Ash just because. Maybe it was because Ash saw Zekrom, or maybe it was because Ash helped save Kibago.

Unless she said something in this episode, I honestly doubt we'll get an official answer on why she's travelling with Ash.

Edit: Oh I forgot to mention I loved the new Oak segment.

*newscaster music playing* Oak: This just in Ash gets a Mijumaru, next time we'll find out what the mysterious Pokemon is in the episode title. (just to note that didn't happen, I was just saying it because it would be awesome if they actually did that).

Seriously Oak's set-up is awesome, they really should do that at least once (news type stuff), since Oak sort of looks like a newscaster in the segment.

Last edited:
Something interesting, seems no one noticed:

eye01.jpg

eye02.jpg

It's first time in anime history, Satoshi is the only human in eyecatches, even after main girl's debut and second episode!

Rockets look spectacular, as usual <3

This episode was pretty cute! I like how Mijumaru tried to sit on Satoshi's shoulder. And Meguroko is so great. I look forward to seeing it in future episodes.

I also like how Iris helped Satoshi climb over the bridge of Megurokos. They are going to be great friends :)

TBH, this was my favorite part of the episode, it was so funny!

Even in my delirious, sleep-deprived state I was thinking that Mamepato was stupid since it could've just flown away. I mean sure, there were friggin' geysers, but they couldn't be that hard to dodge. I usually never catch on to things like that.

Meguroko in sunglasses was pretty fun and I liked the hot sand scene (though it gave me eerie flashbacks of Lavaridge Town in Hoenn...). Overall though, it came off as pretty bland. It almost felt like the hot springs episode in Diamond & Pearl... which was also bland and quite terrible. I enjoyed the Mijumaru gags (this thing is so much freaking better than Piplup already... double for Kibago), though Team Rocket's "serious business" evolution is still making me WTF since I'm not used to it.

I do find it odd that they're... kinda not addressing why Iris is sticking around with Ash since they're already not getting along and Iris keeps patronizing Ash like crazy (not that it isn't amusing). Unless she's just looking after him for kicks, so when Ash gets to Souryuu City 150+ episodes later, Iris is all "SURPRISE, BITCH! I'M YOUR ULTIMATE CHALLENGE!" unless they just... use Shaga instead. But that would be cool. Iunno. Guess it's fresh considering there has yet to be a bike casualty so far. 3 episodes without it is already a record for this series, aha.

Looks like Megaglasses will come back again. I guess that would make it the squirtle replacement.

Pretty nice episode. Loved Miju in it.

So they remembered it was from the lab after all. That wasn't so hard. I don't know, but I found it rather odd to see Pika get so cheesed off from being pushed off Ash's shoulder. Then, in another screenie, he looks sad. Why was that? I was confused as to what motives sandcroc had until I came here. I'm not sure if it being on the to be continued screen means anything. Anyway, hooray for Ash officially having otter, even if all he had to do was return it to it's pokeball.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom