• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW003: Mijumaru! Meguroco! Close Call!!

Mijumaru is freaking adorable. It sounded like a little kid begging to be picked up by it's parent. Going to be real intersting to see how it develops. Hiopefully it fully evolves.

Also, why exactly is Iris traveling with Ash? I mean she just seems to be getting on his nerves. He appeared to attempt to leave her, and she still followed him. I'm guessing it has something to do with Zerkom, or w/e it's called.

So, it's obvious now that Mijumaru is Satoshi's new, shiny version of his Chikorita/Bayleaf in Isshu. I loved how Mijumaru just pushed Pikachu off Satoshi's shoulder and Pikachu got pissed off and retaliated with a Thunderbolt. It was also pretty interesting to see that Pikachu's Thunderbolt actually got reflected and hit Satoshi instead, to be honest. Really interesting episode.

The sandbathing scene made me laugh a bit, and in parts of the episode, I personally, knew that there were going to be some very awkward shots while watching the scene, especially when they hardly showed Ash wearing his boxers in some parts. Though it does remind me of the Hoenn days, if you want me to tell the truth.

Also, Team Rocket using a crane interested me. I still love their new motto and even though it still irks me a bit that they don't blast off - hey, holding their ground is actually making this anime more life-like and that amuses me - but where's their funny scenes? At the very least, I'm glad they're not the butt of the jokes in this season.

... I believe, though, that Iris is still going with Satoshi because of the whole Zekrom incident -- though I highly doubt that she knows that he was actually involved in that whole thing. Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that he's a foreigner and is actually a quite interesting/amusing person? Just my two cents on that.

Oh, and I squealed at the fact that Satoshi's the only one in the eyecatches, even after Iris became a part of the main team.

Roles change sometimes!

Ash&Iris: awkardly fall into a trap and get hit.
Jessie&James: while falling into a trap change their position and land like some spy agents without any harm.

What show am I watching? 0_0

Looks like Megaglasses will come back again. I guess that would make it the squirtle replacement.

Pretty nice episode. Loved Miju in it.

Wow, that just made my Meguroko for Ash possible again! Unless it turns out like that evil Togepi episode where we didn't see it again.

Loved Mijumaru! Glad to see it with Ash now. Kibago's a fun pokemon too. Pretty nice episode although I wonder why the Mamepato were just sitting there when the could've just flown away.

Regardless, another pretty good episode and it's great to see Mijumaru officially caught.

Roles change sometimes!

Ash&Iris: awkardly fall into a trap and get hit.
Jessie&James: while falling into a trap change their position and land like some spy agents without any harm.

What show am I watching? 0_0

Hmm interesting this actually makes seance if you think about it. The two experienced criminals dodge a trap. The two ten year old's can't.

I'm beginning to get the impression that Iris is based off of some kind of ADHD and Autistic stereotype. Maybe it's just me but as an Autistic myself I don't mean this to be offensive.

new ending was so much better than the opening.

rather surprised that Ash figured out who Mijumaru belonged to though. Team Rocket still making badass escapes instead of blasting off XD.

overall it was a decent episode.

Hmm interesting this actually makes seance if you think about it. The two experienced criminals dodge a trap. The two ten year old's can't.
Right! J&J are kind of secret agents, they are supposed to be dodgy.

Does anyone have a .gif of Mijumaru throwing Pikachu off Ash's shoulder? =3

I loved this episode. It featured my favourite Gen V Pokémon - Meguroko! How strong are they?!

Iris is also quickly growing on me. I prefer the Ash-Iris dynamic than Ash and any of the other girls.

Welcome to Isshu, where everything is new and different! OH LOOK HOT SPRINGS.

By the way, I don't think Meguroko will be returning. If it does, great, but the little bit at the end is just something they always do (for anyone thinking it means anything). The glasses just helped differentiate it from the others and pinpoint it as the "leader" for the episode.

The best parts have Mijumaru. It's name definitely lends itself to a cute way of talking ("Mee jooooo"). I want more of this Pokemon. It even floats in the water like the early art renditions depict it, just like a real otter!

"Mi~ju!"

That thing is freaking adorable (except for the "liquid anime eyes" moment). We knew Ash was going to get it. It's been stalking him very closely since episode 1. Then it threw Pikachu off Ash's shoulder.

But to deflect a Thunderbolt into Ash's face? And later on Bullet Seed? What is that shell-blade-boomerang-shield made of?

Ash and Iris don't seem to get along. Come to think of it, why are they traveling together in the first place? Iris didn't have a bike to wreck, and she's clearly no beginner.

For Miju to follow Ash everywhere, go missing once Ash got his ball, then be found again resting in the sand. I have to ask why.

Once again, TR didn't blast off. In fact, they sorta just disappeared before the geyser incident.

Not the best episode, but Ash has Mijumaru now. Sunglasses Megrocko'll be back, no doubt.
7/10

Alright, that's it. Mijimaru is now the cutest Isshu Pokemon. <3 I loved when it shoved Pikachu off of Satoshi's shoulder. XD Roketto-Dan was awesome, as always. Didn't really care for the Meguroko side-plot, they just seemed kinda there.

Overall, not the best episode, they should of split the Meguroko side-plot off to its own episode, but oh well. 7/10.

Maybe Iris pities n00by Ash? Their chemistry is hilarious, and more entertaining than the other girls xD

Other than the fact that Ash catches the Mijumaru that was stalking him, this was a true to blue filler. The Meguroko ended up as a leader of wild pokemon who was getting all of the others to safety. It seems to me that it likes pulling pranks on other people, but decided to get serious after noticing the danger involving geysers.

The Rockets haven't used any of their pokemon this episode and James still hadn't caught one. They were using machines.

Hot springs all around, nothing about the "sand battle" taking place in the actual episode. It was just the usual filler plot; people and pokemon working together to survive a natural disaster... Except Mijumaru wasn't returned to its pokeball until the end of the episode.

"Mi~ju!"

That thing is freaking adorable (except for the "liquid anime eyes" moment). We knew Ash was going to get it. It's been stalking him very closely since episode 1. Then it threw Pikachu off Ash's shoulder.

But to deflect a Thunderbolt into Ash's face? And later on Bullet Seed? What is that shell-blade-boomerang-shield made of?

Ash and Iris don't seem to get along. Come to think of it, why are they traveling together in the first place? Iris didn't have a bike to wreck, and she's clearly no beginner.

For Miju to follow Ash everywhere, go missing once Ash got his ball, then be found again resting in the sand. I have to ask why.

Once again, TR didn't blast off. In fact, they sorta just disappeared before the geyser incident.

Not the best episode, but Ash has Mijumaru now. Sunglasses Megrocko'll be back, no doubt.
7/10

It's made of Keratin Aka Fingernails

"Mi~ju!"

7/10

I knew that shell was overpowered even when I just saw it deflect a bullet seed attack. Now that it blocks pikachu's electric attacks (even if the one pikachu used wasn't particularly strong) I can safely say that this shell is officially HAX.

Either way, I like Miju. Especially when it stopped Pikachu from chasing after Ash because the hot springs are HOT. One of the few Pokemon I've seen using common sense.

Is James even going to capture something? I had my mind set on him getting a Megacroc. Maybe the Rockets have their other three Pokemon with them but havent used them. Its possible you know. Who knows. Anyway I didn't get why the Mamepeto's didn't fly away in the first place. And if they were afraid, why did they fly afterward? I mean rEaLlY

And to Zorroark, when was there Bullet Seed?

Is James even going to capture something? I had my mind set on him getting a Megacroc. Maybe the Rockets have their other three Pokemon with them but havent used them. Its possible you know. Who knows. Anyway I didn't get why the Mamepeto's didn't fly away in the first place. And if they were afraid, why did they fly afterward? I mean rEaLlY

And to Zorroark, when was there Bullet Seed?

In episode 2 it was said that Team Rocket left all their Pokémon TR headquarters.

Also, Bullet Seed was seen in a preview of Ash vs Dent.

Also, Bullet Seed was seen in a preview of Ash vs Dent.

Not to mention that according to another preview the shell might even be strong enough to block a solarbeam.

The best part of this episode IMO was the beginning when Ash and Iris were arguing and Miju just appeared right next to them

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom