• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BW003: Mijumaru! Meguroko! Critical Moment!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
well that should be what happens to mijumaru but apparently the pokeball hurts mijumaru which based on what we've just seen shouldn't happen.

I really hope Ash catches that Meguroko with the sunglasses I hope it has a recurring role that guy is awesome. Anyway so Ash's Pokeball won't work on Mijumaru I guess he's going to have to get a special Pokeball sent from Araragi in order to catch it.

BW003PS_6.jpg

That looks painful.

Meguroko has all the traits for being captured by someone. I think it could possibly be caught by James though I'd like Ash to get it.

James still needs a pokemon, so if the Meguroko does end up being caught by somebody, it would be either him or the COTD.

well James does need a "hurt him when it comes out of its Pokeball" Pokemon

ok anyone notice that there is only 1 new Pokemon this episode?

Is anyone else thinking that all we will see is large waves of the same type of Pokemon due to the no old Pokemon rule?

No, I think Team Rocket will attack and the Meguroc will end up helping the twerps. There was that clip on the website showing them attacking the Rocket-like machine, so I doubt James will get it. It's open to the rest of the characters though.

Last edited:
I was hoping Ash would get Meguroko, but I don't think it's evolutions fit him very well. It still has main character's poke potentail, so I hope James catches it. It'll probably just go to COTD or nobody though.

I don't think James will catch it, but I think it will be caught by somebody in the group. James usually catches Grass type Pokemon anyway unless they change the pattern.

If TRio is now serious, then the Grass-type attacking him gag should no longer apply here.
The Meguroko seems too important to be thrown out for one episode, and James still needs a pokemon.

I was hoping Ash would get Meguroko, but I don't think it's evolutions fit him very well. It still has main character's poke potentail, so I hope James catches it. It'll probably just go to COTD or nobody though.

Yeah I want satoshi to catch a meguroko and mijumaru. I dint know about kojiro mabey he will get a random grass type

Yeah I want satoshi to catch a meguroko and mijumaru. I dint know about kojiro mabey he will get a random grass type

I think that he's just going to catch Miju, but as everyone knows, Pokémon is unpredictable.

Yeah...let's not have Ash get a Togepi type Pokemon.

I don't know why anyone would want Ash to have an unofficial Pokemon.

Besides wouldn't Araragi take issue with that seeing as how it is her Pokemon to give to starter trainers?

I don't think he meant have Ash carry it around and it not do anything for an entire saga like that freakin' living omelete wannabe :sweat:

Also, Haunter was epic! How dare you criicize unofficial Pokemon :O

Anyhoo, i'd say it'll be somthing like this.
It follows Ash. He figures out who owns it. Yada yada...

Ash: "Ok dododo i'll bring it back lalala"
Proffesor whatsername: "Oh no its liek, attached to u and stuff! U keep."
Ash: "O thanks Mrs Skank bye bye lolala"

...Yeah, ok maybe not THAT insane, but somthing like that.

Meguroko has quickly become one of the fanbase favorites. If no one in the group, twerp or non-twerp, catches it, it'll be disappointing but not above tolerable. Giving it sunglasses just breaks my heart so much at the thought. It's a proven scientific formula that applying sunglasses to something increases its Rate of Coolness (or RoC) by a factor of 1000. Since Meguroko already has a pair of natural sunglasses, that rate is increased exponentially.

Also, Carnivine bit James all throughout Sinnoh. I believe it tops Victreebel even (could be less when stacked up against Kanto+Johto). If there's anything we don't need its another gag like that persisting for too long.

If TRio is now serious, then the Grass-type attacking him gag should no longer apply here.
The Meguroko seems too important to be thrown out for one episode, and James still needs a pokemon.

If they are serious, their balloon should no longer get popped. So I think they will still be their old selves.

Meguroko has quickly become one of the fanbase favorites. If no one in the group, twerp or non-twerp, catches it, it'll be disappointing but not above tolerable. Giving it sunglasses just breaks my heart so much at the thought. It's a proven scientific formula that applying sunglasses to something increases its Rate of Coolness (or RoC) by a factor of 1000. Since Meguroko already has a pair of natural sunglasses, that rate is increased exponentially.

Also, Carnivine bit James all throughout Sinnoh. I believe it tops Victreebel even (could be less when stacked up against Kanto+Johto). If there's anything we don't need its another gag like that persisting for too long.

Meguroko seems to be one of the most promoted generation 5 Pokemon so far overall.
It was one of the first to be released, it is one of the first to have merchandise of it (1 plush, 1 monster collection figure and a different new plush coming soon) and it's one of the first new Pokemon to debut in the anime.

Whilst it's unlikely someone will catch a Meguroko in this episode I hope someone eventually catches one, or atleast that one is recurring throughout the "Best Wishes" saga^_^

you know mijumaru is really starting to grow on me, hope ash captures it soon

The Meguroko with sunglasses brings to mind my heartfelt feelings for Boss Squirtle of the Squirtle squad. I loved those shades it sported. I had mixed feelings about Meguroko when it was first revealed, as its design didn't appeal to me much. I'm a bit dissapointed with its evolutions, but I now love Meguroko and I hope James manages to catch him. This episode is definitely the Ash/Mijumaru bonding episode, if he doesn't catch Mijumaru yet. I just hope by the end of it, he battles Mijumaru to catch it, rather than Mijumaru just hopping into a Pokeball. They'll probably save that for a Pokemon with a more serious personality, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom