• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW006: The Dream Ruins! Munna and Musharna!!

It's too early to tell. At this point, it's probably safe to assume that it was just a bunch of random nameless guys who we'll never see again.

Iris' goal is to provide the widest range of NFP solutions to suit any size of operation. Duh....?? >.>

Anyway, someone mentioned that the Musharna plot felt like they had to fill in the extra minutes between the gym finale and Dent joining Ash, and I'd have to agree. But it was decent enough material, so it's no biggie. I do wonder if the events that transpired here are going to have any bearing on future developments though. Was the Rocket's main objective here to just collect data again, or was it pivotal to the operation that they actually seize Musharna itself?

In any case, I like how the main group is shaping up this time around. Yeah, Iris hasn't done squat, and we've only just met Dent, but they're definately entertaining characters.

Wow I liked the battle and I knew Dento's reason for following Ash would be cuz of how close he was with his Pokemon, I'm glad it wasXD We still don't know why Iris is following Ash, they will reveal why slowlu I'm sure. I think this time Iris Pokemon will evolve unlike what happened with Pipulp, which is awesome. Majumaru continues to be my favorite Pokemon on Ash's team and the ending was cute. Can't wait for next weeks episode.

Comments from some screencaps:

Y'know, I did wonder if Iris had a bow in her hair or just big hairclips. Looks to be the latter.

Dunno if it's just the timing of the screens I'm looking at or what, but Pod and Corn were without aprons when presenting Ash the badge and suddenly have them on after Ash and Iris start talking. Minor continuity error? Or are they just quick at putting their aprons on?

The Abandoned Dream Lot sure lives up to its name. What a mess.

Wow, someone likes flowers. Makomo's room is totally covered with 'em!

I spy the obligatory 'all Joys look the same' joke.

Oh hai Dent. Just overenthusiastic waitering, or a chance to get a good view of his backside? 'Tis a mystery.

This is the first of animé-verse Isshu I've really taken a close look at, and I now notice the Pokédex displays different angles of Pokémon. Nice! And it just so happens to line up well with the game's complete backsprites. Oh Tabunne, you and your cottontail are so cute.

Ooh, found another scene where Dent suddenly has sclera: when Munna releases the smoke to see Kibago's dreams. They make him look more like a Pokémon character and less like Tintin. For goodness' sake, as if the hairstyle wasn't enough!

Aww at dream Kibago running around. And you want to evolve, you say? ...I like you already.

Pikachu, you gotta wear your Trainer's hat more often. Despite the fact that seeing may be a problem.

So that's why the Dream Lot is abandoned. Holy moly, the scenes in the lab were like they came from a horror movie.

White, black and grey in the Rocket motto visuals. Hmm...

Munna has a freaky yet derpy smile.

Huh. We see Giovanni's secretary again. Was BW1 the first time we saw her? 'Cause it seems strange to give him a secretary now of all times.

D'aww, Corn and Pod look so sad that Dent's leaving. Especially Pod.

And Dent's satchel compliments his outfit well. Good.

Oh! Another Dent-with-sclera scene when he's shaking Pod's hand.

My, that's a fancy map machine thingy you got there, Dent.

Haha, nice one, Iris. I had hoped she'd hang upside-down from a tree and surprise someone one eventually. Speaking of surprises, her friends aren't gonna see her Souryuu Gym connections coming.

Dento's going to be a interesting character to say the least. Makomo is love.

As for Iris she certainty is quite different from May, and Dawn who always praised Ash for the most part. While Iris is like "Oh you, won...it was meh btw." Nice change I guess from the past two girls.

This episode was pretty interesting, to say the least. Pikachu was just adorable with Ash's hat on and the battle was just as interesting -- though I got to admit that it was obvious that Ash would win (or else he wouldn't have gotten the badge!).

Personally, my favorite part of this episode was Team Rocket's motto, the animation for that was just great. And the Nurse Joys look all the same joke comes back to haunt everyone, though Ash's silly face for it makes me smile.

This episode was pretty interesting, to say the least. Pikachu was just adorable with Ash's hat on and the battle was just as interesting -- though I got to admit that it was obvious that Ash would win (or else he wouldn't have gotten the badge!).

Personally, my favorite part of this episode was Team Rocket's motto, the animation for that was just great. And the Nurse Joys look all the same joke comes back to haunt everyone, though Ash's silly face for it makes me smile.

I knew he'd win, but some people thought he'd loose for some reason at least we know for sure now. Wonder when Ash's next gym will be? I'm really liking both Iris and Dento, hopefully they get some action in the next few episodes. I do agree, Pikachu wearing Ash's hat was too adorable.

I knew he'd win, but some people thought he'd loose for some reason at least we know for sure now. Wonder when Ash's next gym will be? I'm really liking both Iris and Dento, hopefully they get some action in the next few episodes. I do agree, Pikachu wearing Ash's hat was too adorable.

That's true, since he didn't win against Brock in the first season, but at the very least, I'm glad we know that he won. And yes, I'm liking Dento a whole lot right now and I believe he won't have his next gym battle for a while, but I'm expecting more action from his new companions!

It was a good epsiode overall, the whole Team Rocket Intro was awesome.

Now, the gym badge part. Well, all I can say is that shell is hax. It's one thing to hear about it blocking a solar-beam, one of the strongest grass moves in the game, and a whole other thing to see it actually happen. Miju fits that trope, crouching moron, hidden badass to a tee. You can see it act like a moron in gym battles, yet it defeated an opponent that was supposed to be stronger than it.

Yay! The full cast is now assembled! :) I love Dento and his flamboyance a lot more than that boring old girl-obsessed Takeshi... BTW, did anyone else notice the Tower of Heaven music? Freakin' beautiful!

Iris is definitely giving off that air that she's particularly skilled, as nothing Ash does seems to impress her. To tell the truth, she's right. Unfortunately, she still has to deliver on her big talk. Secret, eh? The evidence is mounting, but we can't say for certain yet. Yay, Larvitar alike wants to evolve. I hope we do actually get to see that. The circle is now complete. Our new trio is in place. Now the real fun can begin.

Awesome episode. Dento is just too great. :p
Team rocket are now badass! Look at their intro in this episode; epicness.

I think the trio each have a signature pokémon that won't evolve; Pikachu, Yanapuu and Kibago.
Obviously Pikachu won't evovle but I can't see yanapuu evolving and in the same way Pikachu stays on Ash's shoulder Kibago remains in Iris' hair most of the time!

Awesome episode. Dento is just too great. :p
Team rocket are now badass! Look at their intro in this episode; epicness.

I think the trio each have a signature pokémon that won't evolve; Pikachu, Yanapuu and Kibago.
Obviously Pikachu won't evovle but I can't see yanapuu evolving and in the same way Pikachu stays on Ash's shoulder Kibago remains in Iris' hair most of the time!

You're ignoring the part where is shows that Kibago WANTS to evolve (unlike every other sig Pokemon)

meaning that it just may do so

The BW trio is shaping up to be very interesting.

With Brock finally gone, and Iris being more of a tease rather than Dawn being, "Ash's sibling," this trio looks like it'll be far more entertaining than the DP trio was.

I also like the fact that they more or less confirmed Iris' dragon will evolve as the saga progresses. Thank god they're not going to pull another Piplup on us.

BW is bringing the humor back to the series that DP lacked for the most part, and the other stuff like TR's new role is also appreciated.

You're ignoring the part where is shows that Kibago WANTS to evolve (unlike every other sig Pokemon)

meaning that it just may do so

I knew that, actually. And sure let it evolve; but why does that have to happen while Ash explores Issu?

And I'm actually happy enough to let Kibago stay as it is; I never likes piplup and was more than a little pissed that it stayed as a piplup.

The BW trio is shaping up to be very interesting.

With Brock finally gone, and Iris being more of a tease rather than Dawn being, "Ash's sibling," this trio looks like it'll be far more entertaining than the DP trio was.

I also like the fact that they more or less confirmed Iris' dragon will evolve as the saga progresses. Thank god they're not going to pull another Piplup on us.

BW is bringing the humor back to the series that DP lacked for the most part, and the other stuff like TR's new role is also appreciated.

Told you Iris wasn't bland.

Team Rocket shoots Ash, Pikachu and professor lady with blaster-like beams? Wow...

Good episode, I like Miju now. Still, when will the Rockets win? Giovanni won't be happy after all those failures.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom