• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BW015 -- Aloe Gym Battle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunyshore

Electric Obsession
Reaction score
here's some settei i just got in, from episode 15. they show aloe, her gym, her pokemon, and her husband, kidachi.

have a look!
BW1501.jpg

so seems maybe yooterii and miruhoggu will be in her gym battle? this set had a few more miruhoggu pages so i bet this is her main tough pokemon to beat. her husband looks...young!
BW1502.jpg

BW1503.jpg

BW1504.jpg

unique gym -- no bleachers! tho... did the three brothers' gym have bleachers? they were watching from the balcony. this seems to be a new style of watching battles in BW?
BW1505.jpg

and for fun, some more of the settei, like what i wanted them for -- dento faces :D along with another height chart and iris faces.
BW1506.jpg

BW1507.jpg

BW1508.jpg

BW1509.jpg

BW1510.jpg

hope you enjoyed!

I liked Aloe's design, she's beautiful *v*! So, is that her husbund? Anyway, good find! But, by this model sheet, It just look like we'll have a 2 vs 2 battle (I suppose that yooteri and miruhoggu are Aloe's main pokemon).

How do you actually know it's BW015? It's not confirmed in those pictures.

Last edited:
How do you actually know it's BW015? It's not confirmed in those pictures.

the cover page says Ep 15, and the gym page says its for Ep 15. :) it's also written on the height chart. #15 is written on many of the pages, if you look for just a moment ;)

Interesting that they based Aloe off the older design. I guess they were already too far along in production by the time Sugimori's redesign came out to change it?

The lack of bleachers makes me happy because they never made sense to me. They really were pointless since no one ever really sat in them, ever.

I also find it interesting that Sakaki's secretary doesn't seem to have an actual name.

Interesting that they based Aloe off the older design. I guess they were already too far along in production by the time Sugimori's redesign came out to change it?

The lack of bleachers makes me happy because they never made sense to me. They really were pointless since no one ever really sat in them, ever.

I also find it interesting that Sakaki's secretary doesn't seem to have an actual name.

yeah, its tiny on the resized scan, but the height chart says June 17th 2010 (!!) which I think was long before we even knew Aloe existed...

and yeah, i always hated those damn bleachers that NOBODY EVER SAT IN XD and they were pink half the time. why so pink?! why do this.

Oh, wow! The Shippou Gym looks sleek!

unique gym -- no bleachers! tho... did the three brothers' gym have bleachers? they were watching from the balcony. this seems to be a new style of watching battles in BW?
There are benches off to the side of the main field. Also, near the right bench Iris and Dent's names are written there, so that's where they'll be.

Oh, wow! The Shippou Gym looks sleek!

There are benches off to the side of the main field. Also, near the right bench Iris and Dent's names are written there, so that's where they'll be.

sleek is the word - look at that futuristic door on the right with the stairs leading DOWN to the gym... like the game! :D

and good call, i didn't even notice their names! and yes, i believe benches are way better than bleachers. ;D

sunyshore said:
yeah, its tiny on the resized scan, but the height chart says June 17th 2010 (!!) which I think was long before we even knew Aloe existed...

Not really sure why you seem surprised at the date. Seven months is about how long it takes to make an episode.

Mm, I thought that was pretty interesting too. I wonder, if it's perhaps too late for the japanese airing (not that they need to care anyway), if america and other countries will recieve a version of the episode with changes akin to that Croagunk one from mid-DP?

There must also be model sheets without her wearing the apron regardless of that though, so they'd know what to draw if she were ever without it.

Grave-E said:
I wonder, if it's perhaps too late for the japanese airing, if america and other countries will recieve a version of the episode with changes akin to that Croagunk one from mid-DP?

That's very possible, though it would require significantly more work this time around. With Hiroki, all they had to do was swap out his head with Takuya's. With Aloe, they'd have to pretty much redraw everything.

I wouldn't be surprised if it still ended up happening, though.

Not really sure why you seem surprised at the date. Seven months is about how long it takes to make an episode.

not surprise at how long it takes... surprise as i realize just how little we really knew then and how far the anime had gotten in that time :D

There must also be model sheets without her wearing the apron regardless of that though, so they'd know what to draw if she were ever without it.

probably... i don't think this set i got is complete, at any rate. but yes, i agree there must be somewhere. after all roark's settei feature him without his jacket or helmet, and he wore those 100% of the time in the anime!

other_art_oreburgh02.jpg

I wonder why Aloe has Yooterii and not Haderia. The battle might be easier now. Muruhog, though, reminds me of Miltank...

Roark looks like a female there.

I wonder why Aloe has Yooterii and not Haderia. The battle might be easier now. Muruhog, though, reminds me of Miltank...

Roark looks like a female there.

evolution? not in this episode, or he'd be on the sheet. so if ash loses his first battle, maybe the pup could evolve before the next :D

and the number of people who think roark is a woman at first glance is rather interesting XD poor fella.

Ooh, just noticed this: Kidachi's name is written over the figure in the middle of the side of the battlefield, so maybe he'll be playing referee?

I'm hoping Ash uses Mamepato here seriously she hasn't gotten one win yet unless you count that battle against Tsutarja which wasn't really a win since it didn't knock it out. Hopefully he uses Mamepato and Tsutarja here and ends up losing after Miruhog manages to take out both Mamepato and Tsutarja. Then the rematch could be around BW17 or BW18

Well, the size chart pretty much tells us which characters are going to be in this episode. And since Mamepato isn't there...well. Hopes dashed, I guess.

It's kind of annoying that Pokabu and Mijumaru are going to be the main battlers in a gym twice in a row, though I suppose Pokabu at least has the excuse of not really showing off it's repetoire of moves yet.

probably... i don't think this set i got is complete, at any rate. but yes, i agree there must be somewhere. after all roark's settei feature him without his jacket or helmet, and he wore those 100% of the time in the anime!
Ahh, the ones that sprung to mind for me were settei of Hunter J, with and without her coat. Which of course she ended up wearing throughout her entire time on the show anyway. :p

Also, thanks for sharing this stuff in the first place!

Does it have an official airdate yet?

Anyway, this seems to be a fun episode. It's possible he might need a rematch, Ash hasn't lost a gym battle since Fantina in the Sinnoh region.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom