• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BW018 - Yaguruma Forest! Kurumiru and Arti!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets be honest, I'm not going to actually read that wall of text
I didn't expect it to be that long at least that one post, and I also didn't expect to add the possible gym possibility.

And if you read it, I only said I wanted Ash to have 8 Unova Pokemon not 10 plus Sewaddle plus whatever you thought.

Yeah, because 5 episodes is really enough for pokemon to get development. Maybe we'd see them taken out of their ball in like half of those episodes, it doesn't mean they'd get any development. We're 20 into BW and half his pokemon don't really have much development as is.
Like it would only be 5 episodes. I meant 5 episodes for a move, evolution, gym battle, then 5 episodes for another Pokemon, then another, and then back to the first one. It's not just going to be 5 episodes, it's just a rotation period of five episodes, it's just a cycle.

Pokemon Reserve 1= 5 episodes, next, Pokemon Reserve 2 = 5 episodes, next, Pokemon Reserve 3 = 5 episodes, finally back to Pokemon Reserve 1 = 5 episodes, next Pokemon reserve = 5 episodes.

Eventually that adds up, to what... 20 episodes per reserve in a span of 80 episodes. Maybe even more.

Of course that's assuming a Pokemon reserve even shows up in all 5 of those episodes.

And that also only applies with Snivy, once Scraggy has been on long enough than a Pokemon can get lots of screen time after it. So Ash could every once in awhile have two of his reserves on his team for like 5-10 episodes on top of just replacing it with either Pokemon.

Kingler and Muk rot away at Oak's lab like they don't exist. Why would anyone want that to happen again?

That was the writer's fault, and Ash only had 5 on hand most of the time, so why are you blaming the writing then to the writing now.

It just hatched, it has a problem working in a team and is very unused to battling. It needs episodes to bond with Ash, battles to get stronger and overcome its limitations, get new moves, etc. One win isn't gonna cut it, neither will simbly evolving it which should be the result of a process. What you're describing, the one win, you're oaked scenario is detrimental to Scraggy and would limit his storyline.
This obviously will take place in like BW060, or something, I didn't mean right now. And if it takes only 4 episodes to raise Axew into Haxourous like you said in that one thread, why should Scraggy take like 30 episodes?

Some bull crap stories? You mean, developping on that whole abandoned her training thing that was introduced and needs to be developped.
Not really bull crap on that, I'd just hate that in general. I meant something more like Snivy gets its butt beat in a battle and its just frustrated taking it out on Ash's other Pokemon, thus resulting in some humbling moment, later on.

Oaking it doesn't allow that.
Did I say Snivy was going to be oaked permanently. No. But Snivy or its evolutions don't really need to appear much during the flying and ice gyms, does she?

even maybe evolve.
Only if it evolves.

Also, Vine Whip could definitely be replaced with Grass Oath.
That seems redundant with Leaf Storm, I'd only accept Dragon Tail, or Twister, of course I think Snivy might have to evolve for that.

See, there's this thing where I like to see pokémon in battles. If Oshawott evolves, I want to see Futachimaru in battle.
Of course the ground gym is when I see Oshawott being Futachimaru, would make a lot of sense at that point, otherwise Oshawott may never get to Daikenki.

Same for any form of pokémon Ash gets. With rotation, you limit the numbers of times a pokémon can be used in a gym battle or a rival battle, therefore, limiting the amount of screentime each form of Ash's current party gets.
Battle Club, heard of it? And assuming a reserve gets a battle within the hypothetical 5 episodes its on Ash's team that adds up to 4 battles non Unova League. How many battles did Gliscor have? 5 total (including the Sinnoh League). And if people thought Gliscor was treated okay, then surely having 3-5 wins is A-OK by me, much better than Gliscor anyway (with only 2 wins, a tie, and 2 losses).

Say there's a gym where Snivy would be useful, well there's the 4th and the 5th. Now it might be used in another along the way. Introduce Kurumiru and you then have to, instead of giving Snivy two gyms, give it only one. Therefore, Kurumiru is detrimental to Snivy's screentime. It's logic.
Not really, if you only include gym battles, like I said there's battle club battles (maybe even include strongest trainer there stuff), and rival battles. Snivy already trumps Oshawott and Tepig simply by taking out Shooti's starter Pokemon, and it hasn't even been in a gym battle yet. Again 4-5 wins is fairly decent. (especially if two of those are league wise).

And like I mentioned earlier once Ash has a Leavanny and it gets a win from a gym or hard battle, I don't care if I don't see it until the league, so that drops a Pokemon down from Ash.

I don't see pokémon, in the anime, as mere battling tools. I see them as characters in their own right, with their own personality (still waiting on Mamepato and Pokabu to get theirs... and Pikachu to find his again...) and developpement.
Notice how I just barely included a one battle per 5 episodes in the reserves when talking to you. those other 4 episodes could be bonding and just showing up, training.

I don't see how my idea precludes character development, or personality. Since ever since its been with Ash, Oshawott has shown personality in pretty much every episode it's been in except maybe the museum episodes. You don't need a shit load of episodes to show off personality.

... with 6 gyms to go, not one of Ash's pokémon evolved and a possibly shorter saga... I'm sorry, but 5 Isshu pokémon is more than enough, maybe a sixth with a different typing then all of the others would be okay, but otherwise, they'll be detrimental to each other.
Again gyms aren't everything.

That's my point. That's exactly my point. Gliscor only had two gyms and got completely obliterated in one. Buizel had wins in the 3rd, 4th and 5th gyms than... did it even win a battle until the Paul match? Oh yeah Mister Mime... Torterra had no wins as a Torterra and we had to wait until the League to see Gible in a real battle. Even with a limited amount of captures, they still weren't able to give everyone proper screentime and developpement to all pokémon, so why pile up captures after captures if it's only gonna lead to pokémon getting no screetime to showcase developpement and personality, making them souless battling machines.

Again that's the writer's fault. And as I said if a Pokemon can't get shit when the writers have many episodes to work with, that's their own damn fault, not the Pokemon themselves.

If they smarten up, and so far they seem to be, since like I said not one Pokemon has really over shined a Pokemon like Chimchar/Infernape and its 2 billion wins. Had the writers spaced it out more, Gliscor and Torterra could've gotten another win (and in the case of Torterra an actual win).

Honestly would anyone think less of Infernape if it only got 1-2 wins in the Sinnoh League?

dman, these walls of texts are not needed.

All we're saying is Ash doesn't need 7 Pokemon and be forced to give minimal screentime to all of them. Already 3 of his current team haven't had a Gym battle yet, no need to complicate things further.

Out of the egg n' into the Kurumiru.

Anyway I wonder how Pikachu will battle?

And if you read it, I only said I wanted Ash to have 8 Unova Pokemon not 10 plus Sewaddle plus whatever you thought.

That's 3 pokémon too many.

Eventually that adds up, to what... 20 episodes per reserve in a span of 80 episodes. Maybe even more.

Except we don't see every pokémon, every episode and you have 5 other pokémon on the team that also need their episodes, their battles, their new moves, etc.

I'm not against a situation where a fully developped Scraggy gets oaked/junipered for a pokémon that share no similar types with Ash's team, but the starters shouldn't get changed and shouldn't have two types. It didn't work when Squirtle/Lapras were on the cast at the same time, it didn't work when Bulbasaur and Chikorita were on the cast at the same time...

And if it takes only 4 episodes to raise Axew into Haxourous like you said in that one thread, why should Scraggy take like 30 episodes?

3-4 episodes over the course of the series because Iris doesn't really battle or do anything proactive. Ash does. He has rivals, he has gyms, so there's no reason for one of his pokémon to get rushed and evolved without really any build up beforehand.

Not really bull crap on that, I'd just hate that in general.

You'd hate for the pokémon Ash currently have to get developped, have storylines of their own and show personality?

No. But Snivy or its evolutions don't really need to appear much during the flying and ice gyms, does she?

But they need to appear between the gyms to make up for not being used in them.

Not really, if you only include gym battles, like I said there's battle club battles (maybe even include strongest trainer there stuff), and rival battles. Snivy already trumps Oshawott and Tepig simply by taking out Shooti's starter Pokemon, and it hasn't even been in a gym battle yet.

Snivy has one win... it's been in one battle... Mijumaru and Tepig have been in 4 so far and each have 2 wins... You do realize that right now, Snivy is incredibly underused compared to those two.

And like I mentioned earlier once Ash has a Leavanny and it gets a win from a gym or hard battle, I don't care if I don't see it until the league, so that drops a Pokemon down from Ash.

But then why have it in the first place? Your idea of just one win and GTFO, that means it has really no chance to show its personality, no real diffculty to overcome, no storyline... That wouldn't be compelling, that wouldn't want me to root for it, to see it ever again, least of all at the League. Just give that one win to and use it to further the underused pokémon you've yet to fully developp...

Again that's the writer's fault. And as I said if a Pokemon can't get shit when the writers have many episodes to work with, that's their own damn fault, not the Pokemon themselves.

What? That makes no sense...

The writers have a limited amount of episodes to give to Ash, to show him battling, training, bonding, developping his pokémon. The more pokémon you have, the less screentime each will get.

If they smarten up, and so far they seem to be

So far they haven't smarted up. They are underdevelopping all the pokémon on the main cast right now. Tepig has no personality and his abandonment hasn't impeded him in battle, nothing to really overcome. Mijumaru has personality, but no storyline whatsoever, nothing to overcome. Tsutarja has personality and a storyline, but that storyline has been hinted to, not developped yet. Pidove, Pidove who? Scraggy is a baby, has two moves and has plenty of developpement to go through. All of those need to be way more developped than they currently are.

THAT'S MY POINT. Talking about Ash getting 1-3 reserves is ridiculous when his main pokémon have yet to be fully developped.

Plus, if you have two pokémon with overlapping types, then the limitations the writers put on one, applies to the other, i.e. the Snivy won't be used in the 6th or 7th gym (even though Ash used a grass type against Winnona and Candice and both got wins...), then it's not an argument for Ash to get a pokémon that is part grass type, since it wouldn't be used any more than Snivy would.

and that is why it makes no sense for Ash to catch Kurumiru in this episode.

LOL Wall of text... :D

just a cute pic from a mag i got today :)

arty03.jpg

just a cute pic from a mag i got today :)

arty03.jpg

Ah, Arti and Sewaddle. How cute. :)

I think there's a chance Arti will catch the Sewaddle. It could be evolved into Leavanny by the time Ash arrives in Castelia City.

Wasn't this the same picture as the one posted on the TV Tokyo page?

If Arti was to catch this Sewaddle, I don't think that it will be present in its evolved stage battling Ash a few episodes later.

I have to agree with some of the people on SerebiiForums that it looks like a flashback, maybe to Arti's own Sewaddle that evolved all the way. After all Ash wanting to catch Sewaddle might bring back memories.

Arti definitely doesn't look like the same exact age as he does in the "present" in comparison to that picture. So I'm going with flashback.

Its not a flashback. Stop looking for excuses.

Oh the irony.

Seriously it could go either way. There's evidence suggesting Ash gets it and there's evidence supporting Arti getting it. I personally think it's going to Ash but I know that theres a possibility that Arti is gonna get it. The only reason I don't see Arti getting it is because it would seem like the writer's are building his team from the ground up which wouldn't justify him being a gym leader. If the Fushide in BW022 turns out to be his hoiiga than he would only have Fuside and Ishizumai as of this episode and that doesn't seem like a gym leader team. I think it has been confirmed that Ash beats him on his first try than he would have gone through 3 evolutions(2 for Sewaddle and 1 for Fushide) to still get beaten.

I don't see why it seems so absurd that Arti is going to get this? I doubt Ash would get 7 pokemon within 18 episodes.

If the Fushide in BW022 turns out to be his hoiiga than he would only have Fuside and Ishizumai as of this episode and that doesn't seem like a gym leader team.

I see your point, but well... Aloe had Yorterri and Miruhog...

Bigger, the picture does look like a flashback though this could be like Aaron's Beautifly or something, i.e. Kurumiru was released by Artiand yet, he still ends up getting it.

I see your point, but well... Aloe had Yorterri and Miruhog...

Bigger, the picture does look like a flashback though this could be like Aaron's Beautifly or something, i.e. Kurumiru was released by Artiand yet, he still ends up getting it.

The picture doesn't look like a flashback to me.

Don't get me wrong, I hope it isn't and that Arti gets Kurumiru.

arty03.jpg

What the heck is happening there? And why Arty looks somewhat younger?

Gym Leaders can have more than just the pokemon they use in gym battles. It's part of the whole, you know, being a trainer thing. Just because he catches a Kurumiru doesn't mean he can't also have a Hahakomori. He's interested in training Bug type pokemon. It wouldn't be absurd to think he could own more than one of the same species of evolutionary family.

Ash catching 2 pokemon in the span of two episodes would be bad writing, and there isn't really a reason why it would need to happen. The toy was most likely a mistake and is coming out just because it's a pokemon that may be focused on throughout the little Arti arc.

It's like with the Aipom Buizel trade. At first everyone was against it, but as it seemed more and more likely they would be traded, people opened up to the idea. As it becomes less and less likely Ash'll get Kurumiru, people need to accept that he might not get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom